As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Ko-Fi vs. Buy Me a Coffee (or Alternatively...?)

LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
Is this the right forum for this? It's using the internet to transfer funds for various purposes, so I would imagine it falls under the purview of technology, right?

Basically, I'm looking to set up something to help support the stuff I do with my websites (mainly trying to recover hosting costs). I have a Patreon set up (that needs serious revision, I'll admit, but that's to come later), but what I'm looking for is something for anyone who might want to make a one-off donation, rather than a recurring payment.

To that end, I've seen Ko-Fi and "Buy Me a Coffee" around, but I'm not especially familiar with either. Is one notably better than the other, or is this a "they each have their own strengths and weaknesses" sort of thing?

I've also heard PayPal might be good for this, too, but I don't know if there's any problems with using that which make the others preferable.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!