As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Social Media]: Our Blasted Digital Hellscape

19899100101102104»

• Options
    MillMill Registered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    I am Elon Musk.

But how can you be Elon Musk when *I* am, in fact, Elon Musk. Pistols at dawn!

It's like the whole "I'm Batman," except no one sane actually wants to be Musk, they are just doing it to take the piss out of things at that fucker's expense.

• Options
    mrondeaumrondeau Montréal, CanadaRegistered User regular
    In the future, everyone will be Elon Musk for 15 minutes.

I know we live in the darkest timeline and all that, but I'm sure we can still avoid that particular horror.

• Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    Given the speed with which tweets that are not sufficiently pro-Elon are getting straight up deleted my guess would be that the entire moderation apparatus that remains is focused entirely on protecting his ego and nothing else.

• Options
    SchrodingerSchrodinger Registered User regular
    Taramoor wrote: »
    Given the speed with which tweets that are not sufficiently pro-Elon are getting straight up deleted my guess would be that the entire moderation apparatus that remains is focused entirely on protecting his ego and nothing else.

Don't worry, one of Musk's promises was that he would make all the algorithms transparent, so we'll know for sure if this is actually the case!

• Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    The hellscape continues in the new thread.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    MonwynMonwyn Apathy's a tragedy, and boredom is a crime. A little bit of everything, all of the time.Registered User regular
    Man, the fumes of schadenfreude coming out of this thread are sweet and intense. I really do hope this is the death of Twitter and Facebook style of social media. I hope something better replaces it and more importantly that we've learned our lesson. But what lesson would that be?

"Jesus fuckin' Christ. What'd we learn, Palmer?"
    "I dunno, sir."
    "I don't fuckin' know either. I guess we learned not to do it again."
    "Yes sir."
    "Fucked if I know what we did."
    "Yes, sir. It's hard to say."
    "Jesus fuckin' Christ."

uH3IcEi.png
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    A concern I have with Twitter's downward spiral / Elon Musk's downward spiral is that information on the Ukranian war has been most easily and widely disseminated via various Twitter accounts at the moment, which is where Twitter has been doing a lot of work as a news source. We do need something to replace that in terms of visibility.

• Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Monwyn wrote: »
    Man, the fumes of schadenfreude coming out of this thread are sweet and intense. I really do hope this is the death of Twitter and Facebook style of social media. I hope something better replaces it and more importantly that we've learned our lesson. But what lesson would that be?

"Jesus fuckin' Christ. What'd we learn, Palmer?"
    "I dunno, sir."
    "I don't fuckin' know either. I guess we learned not to do it again."
    "Yes sir."
    "Fucked if I know what we did."
    "Yes, sir. It's hard to say."
    "Jesus fuckin' Christ."

Funnily enough I just finished watching that movie less than an hour ago

This discussion has been closed.