As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Penny Arcade - Comic - Age Range

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited February 2022 in The Penny Arcade Hub
imagePenny Arcade - Comic - Age Range

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    hibryd7hibryd7 Registered User regular
    edited February 2022
    Where do we stand on the prostrate thing these days? To paraphrase something Jerry said in some long-lost PATV episode, "There's a chance you have cancer, but you will 100% get diddled."

I'm pressing 40, I supposed I have to warm up to the idea :bigfrown:

hibryd7 on
  • Options
    V1mV1m Registered User regular
    edited February 2022
    I'd be more alongside the idea if there was a service where you could get things... really cleaned up first. You know, up there.

I was brought up to make things look nice for visitors, even if they're here to do a job.

V1m on
  • Options
    dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    No matter how many times I tell myself how much worse women have it, it doesn't make the idea any more appealing. And it's not like I'm embarrassed by them checking out my bare ass. I've had more colonoscopies than I can remember at this point due to having a (luckily mostly asymptomatic) case of IBD. And it's not because I'm like "eww, that's gay". Butt stuff is totally fine.

It's just that going to a office where a relative stranger has a conversation with you and then casually fingers you in a businesslike manner... That's not something I can fit into my "this is fine" category.

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    hibryd7 wrote: »
    Where do we stand on the prostrate thing these days? To paraphrase something Jerry said in some long-lost PATV episode, "There's a chance you have cancer, but you will 100% get diddled."

Getting a finger in the b-hole is a very small price to pay for early warnings about much worse things.

• Options
    blueArcanablueArcana Registered User regular
    warm up to the idea :bigfrown:

Heh

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular

It’s less invasive than the obgyn. If my wife can do that every year to screen for cancer, I can have a finger in the butt for a minute.

And I had a cancer scare, that turned out to be a hemorrhoid cluster. So get in there doc make sure nothing is abnormal. Neither of us is going to be happy. But I’d rather be inconvenienced and a bit uncomfortable than dead.

• Options
    HevachHevach Registered User regular
    edited February 2022
    The AMA has said it's relatively ineffective compared to other early detection exams... But the alternative in this case is radiological screening on a similar schedule and that's much more expensive, not much better at detection, and is adding to your annual radiation exposure and potentially limiting other examination, so it's still the best protection available.

It takes seconds and it's once a year and your doctor genuinely doesn't give a shit. When you are dealing with somebody and it's their job to deal with you, the interaction means way more to you than them. Doesn't matter if they're a cam girl, a social worker, a doctor, a waitress. It may be significant to you but they're unlikely to remember you at the end of the day. So get over the shame and/or pride and deal.

Hevach on
  • Options
    RatherDashing89RatherDashing89 Registered User regular
    I know there's definitely worse things than this, but I still feel like after getting a vasectomy I can endure pretty much anything.

• Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    I know there's definitely worse things than this, but I still feel like after getting a vasectomy I can endure pretty much anything.

IIRC my friend said his laser vasectomy involved smoke rising from his nethers and the psychological terror that produced proved to him that he can get past any fear if he wants it bad enough

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    RatherDashing89RatherDashing89 Registered User regular
    Ringo wrote: »

IIRC my friend said his laser vasectomy involved smoke rising from his nethers and the psychological terror that produced proved to him that he can get past any fear if he wants it bad enough

Not to be comparing trauma but hearing about a laser vasectomy sort of feels like a Jedi getting his hand cut off all clean-like, compared to the Spanish Inquisition experience of watching a guy do it with a tray of knives.