Options

This [chat] was poorly thought out

• Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    I really need to buy a batch of new sheets for my bed. Not aluminium ones though.

... aluminum sheets?

and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited February 2022
    Stock in a company that doesn't exist, but people are really excited about it because you can buy stock even though it doesn't exist, and the company's representatives say that its job is not to exist, and some people are like "I'm gonna buy this stock so I'll be rich when the company does exist" even so

also, look up Extra History's videos on the South Sea Bubble

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1kndKWJKB8

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    JebusUD wrote: »
    Echo wrote: »
    I really need to buy a batch of new sheets for my bed. Not aluminium ones though.

... aluminum sheets?

no not those ones

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    Lavender
    Alarm sounded right in the middle of a dream

It was about playing basketball in a supermarket, for some reason

Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    edited February 2022
    Chanus
    So all my testing on the new CPU last night is done, solved the problem of it not turboing past 4.2GHz, stress tested it and played Cyberpunk just to see how it performed.

Admirably, I think would describe it.

I did not cut myself on the install so the blood gods got their pound of flesh when I accidentally scratched the lower right hand corner of my monitor with the old heatsinks fins. Such are the ways.

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    Aioua wrote: »
    Abdhy I'm right there on the novacaine resistance

all through my childhood and adolescence I just white knuckled it though cavity drilling because I assumed "oh you shouldn't feel anything" was just one of those polite fictions

yeah I was in high school when I realized not everybody was in pain every time and that it not hurting was even an option

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Easy mode for Dark Souls
    It's stupider than it just being inefficient due to requiring a high amount of duplication of the entire blockchain history due to being a distributed system. If it was just that it wouldn't be that bad, honestly, and would have a lot of valid reasons to be the way that it is. Distributed, highly redundant systems can be beneficial.

The stupid part is that the method of verifying new blocks is literally computationally wasteful for the explicit sake of being wasteful. The method that everyone has agreed upon for determining who is awarded the next block is literally throwing away gpu cycles. And it's done in the most stupidly wasteful way possible; everyone who is trying to crack the next block and fails to do it in time has completely wasted every cycle they used until they find out what the next block is. It's absurdly, absurdly wasteful. Proof of work is as stupidly wasteful as a system can be.

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Yo, do any chat power shoppers have recommendations for a good humidifier? My shitty furnace absolutely scorches the air and I've had enough of looking like the mummy and getting random nosebleeds all winter.

• Options
    Easy mode for Dark Souls
    And the more people who do it, the more wasteful it becomes! It gets worse the more it is adopted!

• Options
    Alarm sounded right in the middle of a dream

It was about playing basketball in a supermarket, for some reason

I had one the other night.

The comet was coming to end everything in less than a day.

It was nightime. The garbage truck was driving around and knocking signs and stuff over, booming loud music. The guys who ran it had lined the chute with plastic and were using it as a little pool. They were also using the bin grabber to grab things and toss them everywhere.

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    Yo, do any chat power shoppers have recommendations for a good humidifier? My shitty furnace absolutely scorches the air and I've had enough of looking like the mummy and getting random nosebleeds all winter.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/wirecutter/reviews/the-best-humidifier/amp/

I got the cheaper one without Bluetooth

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    The Last Jedi
    Percale sheets

Aluminum falcons

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    I eat at Chick-Fil-A but I also know they're a shitty company, so what?
    Me to the IT Manager on messanger:
    "Hey I didn't bother to look at any of the emails you sent in the last month on this migration. Do I need to do anything?"
    IT Manager:
    "So many things."

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    Surfpossum wrote: »
    Made our local Malifaux organizer person some Tokens of Appreciation, to be awarded at the upcoming tournament he's running:

6xkovrfzkuca.jpeg

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    edited February 2022
    Doodmann wrote: »

Yes in the sense that they're not on sale but NordicWare makes the good stuff (18 gauge aluminum, not nonstick) for the cheapest pricing, no in the sense that they're half the price at a restaurant supply website.

SummaryJudgment on
    Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    Lavender
    https://smile.amazon.com/Crane-Humidifier-Ultrasonic-Humidifiers-Filter-Free/dp/B0046A6WJI

we have a couple of these, they come in fun colors, too

I think the main thing to avoid is the hot mist humidifiers. The ultrasonic mist or even the basic sponge with a fan style are better.

also, because ofc, there's a tech connections video on it:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHeehYYgl28

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    *clears throat* not much, what's a good deal with you

SummaryJudgment on
  • Options
    Easy mode for Dark Souls
    Imagine there are a hundred people in a room just standing there trying to guess a number between one and one thousand. If they guess the right number, they get a dollar and a new number is chosen, and if they aren't the person who got the dollar then all the time they just spent guessing is wasted and they have to try to guess a new number from scratch. All these people could be doing literally anything else with their time, but they aren't because everyone in the room has collectively agreed that guessing the right number is worth a dollar. You could literally just assign a random person a dollar at the same time interval and you would have achieved the same thing, and no one would have to stand around guessing numbers.

• Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited February 2022
    @Atomika

This remains the best explanation of a Bitcoin

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    Jacobkosh wrote: »

I think they all have some drawbacks. I think the wicking ones are supposed to be the most efficient, but can also be a mold factory. I think the little misting ones take the least attention IMO.

Here watch half an hour about humidifiers.

https://youtu.be/oHeehYYgl28

• Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Lavender
    Atomika wrote: »
    *screams into void*

I cant ever fucking win with this job

This is why our jobs suck

I had a guy tonight shit his pants right in front of me, eating a sandwich the whole time

“Did you just poop your pants?”

“Yeah I guess,” *monchmonch*

Something about today/yesterday

I had a guy pumping gas at the gas station just start pissing right there at the pump

This was in a bougie part of town!

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Chanus
    Here's the PC with the RGB sorted

w3a2m49tckgf.jpg

• Options
    edited February 2022
    lady who rented the room is on the hook for

$250 for a toilet
    Drywall costs for repairing the ceiling below
    all towels and linen cause of issues with blood and drug paraphanelia
    and whatever other damages

so she will be getting a nice call from us today and we have her number and adress and DL# so if she doesn't want to pay I'm pretty sure our legal department will be happy to send her a letter.

I'm just seeing this now but uh

Not that this is your issue but this seems like corporate shouldn't bother billing legal for extracting blood from this stone

SummaryJudgment on
  • Options
    Chanus
    lady who rented the room is on the hook for

$250 for a toilet
    Drywall costs for repairing the ceiling below
    all towels and linen cause of issues with blood and drug paraphanelia
    and whatever other damages

so she will be getting a nice call from us today and we have her number and adress and DL# so if she doesn't want to pay I'm pretty sure our legal department will be happy to send her a letter.

I'm just seeing this now but uh

Not that this is your issue but this seems like corporate shouldn't bother billing legal for extracting blood from this stone

Because if they don't even act like they're trying, someone somewhere is getting fired

• Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    edited February 2022
    @Atomika

This remains the best explanation of a Bitcoin

Except it’s redlining your car, not idling.

I think about this tweet a lot because it’s funny.

Six on
    can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    Chanus
    Surfpossum

Hello

You have cursed me I have now joined the Malifaux Discord and have been brainstorming a Von Schtook Crew that leaves out the shitty Valedictorian but ALSO been thinking of some modifications to the model to make it less weird.

I've also gotten my wife interested in Jedza so the whole thing is precariously poised over a tipping point.

I'm resisting buying in until I find out whether there's a local scene or not

Look at what you've done to me!

• Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    The Last Jedi
    I am so ready for the weekend.

Yesterday a satellite site went down. We've been having trouble with it for a while, so it wasn't a surprise, but it's remote and the only tech within a day's travel is a telco tech - untrained in satellite.

So after having our Transport group look at it and saying someone would have to go onsite, we got a hold of that tech and sent them in. They get there a couple hours later. I spend the next 30 minutes trying to get someone from Transport to help this tech. Finally get them connected. They work on it, signal comes back. Transport guy tells me it's back up. I ask him what was done to fix it. He said he sent an email explaining it. No one seems to have received it. I ask him to resend the email. He sends the email of the original request to have a tech go out.

So here's the thing, we get bombarded with calls for RFOs (Reason for outage) anytime this happens. If we don't have an answer when they call, they call back, like, every fucking hour. So corporate customers are calling for an RFO and I cannot get an answer from Transport about what was done. My day ends, I go home. I come in this morning and find out that not only was an RFO never given, but our evening and night staff have been endlessly harassed by customers for an RFO. And transport is just repeating to us, "I already told you."

I am so fucking done with children. This is why I don't want any. Because I'm surrounded by them all fucking day.

I send a super snarky email demanding to know what was done. Our manager finally got us an RFO, but I bet I'm going to hear about my email and IF SO I'm just going to say that I'll forward requests for RFOs straight to Transport from now own.

• Options
    edited February 2022
    We have a company event I’m hosting next week and marketing got a bunch of cameos to edit together as an intro video and it includes Kenny G, Mark McGrath, and the singer from Rascal Flats and I don’t know if someone did it ironically to be funny or not.

Six on
  • Options
    KamiroKamiro Registered User regular
    Chanus
    credeiki wrote: »
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    when they finish the mortal empires campaign I will conspire to some kind of scheme where I force seven of you into some kind of blood pact to play a multiplayer campaign that you can never get out of and that will never end

anyway I decided to play the prologue like a good boy

I'm just going to complain a little more about hating this tutorial

maybe mainly because of how I do not need it in any way - and it's like, it's a very typical tutorial as these go these days, but it does make me think I can't be the only one who really hates the modern school of tutorials

(the click the button we have marked, it is marked... now. Good! Now click... this button! etc. while every other button is disabled. It's usually just slow and frustrating, at the best of times. That I can't turn my camera is pointlessly annoying, for example. Anyway.)

In contrast, after 3-4 hours I am finding this tutorial super useful and 0% annoying because I have never interacted with the franchise before and am just completely unfamiliar with the UI and even with which mechanics exist in the game

I was definitely right from watching lfx play that I would enjoy piloting little armies around and dicking around with skill trees; I think this is a good game for me

buying all the DLC from the previous games in 3...2...1

• Options
    Assume simple button mushrooms in a cooking environment.

Are eigth wedges or slices the superior mushroom cut?

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Going to Cirque De Soleil today!

• Options

I lean slices but it may depend on context. Wedges in soup or stew, maybe. Slices for steaks or salads or sauces

• Options
    Six wrote: »
    We have a company event I’m hosting next week and marketing got a bunch of cameos to edit together as an intro video and it includes Kenny G, Mark McGrath, and the singer from Rascal Flats and I don’t know if someone did it ironically to be funny or not.

Put those three people together you mean? Or did they introduce the third guy as "the singer from Rascal Flats"

• Options

I lean slices but it may depend on context. Wedges in soup or stew, maybe. Slices for steaks or salads or sauces

I'm putting it on top of pasta and alfredo.

• Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    Arch wrote: »
    Surfpossum

Hello

You have cursed me I have now joined the Malifaux Discord and have been brainstorming a Von Schtook Crew that leaves out the shitty Valedictorian but ALSO been thinking of some modifications to the model to make it less weird.

I've also gotten my wife interested in Jedza so the whole thing is precariously poised over a tipping point.

I'm resisting buying in until I find out whether there's a local scene or not

Look at what you've done to me!
    The only thing the game cares about is the size of the base, so you can proxy it up with whatever you feel like and from what I've heard tournaments etc. are generally pretty okay with that.

I do hope you have some folks locally! It's a big investment moreso because your first full game will take like five hours rather than in financial terms, but it really is an incredibly good game (assuming you're the type of person who played a miniatures game and thought you know what would be fun, if each model's activation was like a turn in Netrunner).

• Options

Put those three people together you mean? Or did they introduce the third guy as "the singer from Rascal Flats"

It’s a cameo so he introduces himself. They each do, say something we wrote, then do something totally unrelated like singing a minute of the song they’re famous for.

• Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular

I am near certain this person is not being ironic.

Because once you start culling music by it being to edgy for corporate, or too regional, or too political, or too sophisticated, or too niche.... you end up with a selection identical to one you'd ironically select.

• Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    Hmm living a balanced life where I do stuff all day is also exhausting like having depression and anxiety and doing nothing. I propose a new therapy that is just me being on vacation forever.

• Options
    navgoose wrote: »

I am near certain this person is not being ironic.

Because once you start culling music by it being to edgy for corporate, or too regional, or too political, or too sophisticated, or too niche.... you end up with a selection identical to one you'd ironically select.

I know they’re not, I just wish they were.

This discussion has been closed.