Options

So you missed your chance at a [chat]

• Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Why do you keep making horrible polls?
    zepherin wrote: »
    Winky wrote: »
    Tumin wrote: »

As much as I want to imply you are killing your dog or something, I'm pretty sure if you just give a dog any sort of attention at any point in time they adore it

If they didn't they'd just bite the shit out of you

If I kiss my wife and don't kiss my dog, he gives me a sad look. If I kiss my dog but don't kiss my wife, she gives me a sad look.

I literally have to kiss them both the same amount.

So do you give your dog tongue too or

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    At this point lets be honest, you're just waiting for the other joke option
    Six wrote: »
    So Hamilton is good

Surprised people don't mention that

It's a hidden gem

Props to Disney+ for giving it a chance

Maybe it'll make it to actual theatres one day

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    Weaver wrote: »
    We just seated at Allegria

Come un lampo di vita
    Come un pazzo gridar
    Come la rabbia di amar
    Come un assalto di gioia

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    edited February 2022
    Hamilton is good but clipping. is better

SummaryJudgment on
    Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Chanus
    If Hamilton is so good how come he lost and died?

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    Honk wrote: »
    If Hamilton is so good how come he lost and died?

Hubris

can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    Someone tell Jebustina they recently invented fries made out of regular potatoes so we don't have to eat gross sweet potato fries anymore.

and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    But sweet potato is a superfood

can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    Chanus
    Gucci Mane references Burr a lot for some reason 🤔

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Chanus
    JebusUD wrote: »
    Someone tell Jebustina they recently invented fries made out of regular potatoes so we don't have to eat gross sweet potato fries anymore.

There is a correct way to eat sweet potatoes and it is most definitely not in fry form.

• Options

Are you sure you aren't misunderstanding his mumbling

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    We've also got songs that are nostalgic about ringtones...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmX4UPiVS-w

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options

There is a correct way to eat sweet potatoes and it is most definitely not in fry form.

My brain every bite of sweet potato fries: imagine how good these would be if they were just fries

• Options
    And now I've discovered a load of Ducktales shorts

It's criminal they didn't get more seasons, it's pure joy from soup to nuts

• Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    Chanus
    Doodmann wrote: »
    Tav wrote: »
    this should be cans chat in honour of my fallen weekend plans

What cans are the typical offering?

whatever 4 pack the offie has

usually something like karpackie, tuborg, lech

Meanwhile my offie:

Long-Beach-Beer-Lab-More-Than-A-Riesling-TIPA-4PK-16OZ-CAN_620x.jpg?v=1607608688

There’s levels of irony to this given it’s referencing a Boston song

You go in the cage, cage goes in the water, you go in the water. Shark's in the water, our shark.
  • Options
    Chanus
    Orca wrote: »

Are you sure you aren't misunderstanding his mumbling

No I’m pretty sure

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    Hamilton is good but clipping. is better

it's clipping, bitch

• Options
    TuminTumin Registered User regular
    Celebrate

My brain every bite of sweet potato fries: imagine how good these would be if they were just fries

Potatos are

a mystery

• Options
    edited February 2022
    I just got an inch long splinter in and out of my finger.

Ouch.

JebusUD on
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Fart and THEN pretend it never happened?
    In bed he just goes to his bed on the other side of the room and is grumpy about it.

• Options
    zekebeauzekebeau Registered User regular
    Fart?

@Rhesus Positive did you know about the podcast on YouTube? "This Duckburg Life"

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular

Ducktales died so that Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers reboot could live.

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Yesterday I had thick cut steak fries with honey mustard and they were delicious

• Options
    emnmnme wrote: »

Ducktales died so that Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers reboot could live.

*monkey's paw finger curls*
    zekebeau wrote: »

@Rhesus Positive did you know about the podcast on YouTube? "This Duckburg Life"

I did not! Hello, new thing to consume

• Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    Chanus
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/PhilJa messon/status/1494724904129859588/photo/1

"you can't just say perchance"

"one does not simply perchance into Koopah Kingdom"

• Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    Chanus

I'm team Jebustina on this one.

Sweet potato fries when done right are transcendent.

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular

It's SO rare to have them done right though

but when it happens, they're wonderful

• Options
    i'm thinking of picking up this jacket in gray

do y'all think it'd look good with black jeans or is that too much dark

• Options
    I’m watching a single parent in a food court with three kids, all of whom are melting down

This shit is harrowing. Lol sorry parents

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    So Hamilton is good

Surprised people don't mention that

makes a face.

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular

I think it's quite normal for people to wear all-dark outfits when winter outerwear is involved--and the grey is definitely not too dark and will break up the shape/provide visual interest, as does the fuzzy hood
    (the grey is also much much nicer than the other two colors)

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    Chanus
    SniperGuy wrote: »

It's SO rare to have them done right though

but when it happens, they're wonderful

There was a restaurant/bar around here that had them on lock.

Like, just the correct amount of crispy and salt added. Didn't add any other spices like some places do (smashburger, etc)

5 lbs of my overweight is likely due to them.

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    SanderJK wrote: »
    We've also got songs that are nostalgic about ringtones...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmX4UPiVS-w

is that video by a coven of witches? If so, how do i join them?

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited February 2022
    Without turning chat into a Ukraine thread (do not use this post as an invitation to discuss anything of actual importance outside the thread): how fucking nuts is it that Zelenskyy, president elected when his most presidential activity at that point was playing the president on TV (in a role that, now that I look at it, is about a rando becoming president after viral media exposure...) is preparing a country for invasion from the nuclear-armed USSR remnants

There was a meme I saw the day after Trump was elected where he was on the bus googling "what does the president do" and the joke was haha he doesn't know the role, it's not going to be what he expected

The guy who grounded flights on 9/11, the FAA national operations manager, was literally on his first day of the job

This is like those, it's absolutely one of the most insane reality-jumped-the-shark things I can remember (and there were a lot of those recently) and I have never so strongly felt the sensation of "I'm glad I'm not that guy" combined with a sort of painful pity as I do right now.

Shivahn on
  • Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular

it's dark but it'd look good

I can't see someone wearing it with like basic blue jeans, and it wouldn't look good with khakis

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    i was thinking a big winter jacket might be overkill for my trip to alaska because i'm not sure how much i'd use it afterwards before remembering that i go to football games literally every week and stand out in the cold so much that it's painful so now i think it's a good investment

• Options
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Without turning chat into a Ukraine thread (do not use this post as an invitation to discuss anything of actual importance outside the thread): how fucking nuts is it that Zelenskyy, president elected when his most presidential activity at that point was playing the president on TV (in a role that, now that I look at it, is about a rando becoming president after viral media exposure...) is preparing a country for invasion from the nuclear-armed USSR remnants

There was a meme I saw the day after Trump was elected where he was on the bus googling "what does the president do" and the joke was haha he doesn't know the role, it's not going to be what he expected

The guy who grounded flights on 9/11, the FAA national operations manager, was literally on his first day of the job

This is like those, it's absolutely one of the most insane reality-jumped-the-shark things I can remember (and there were a lot of those recently) and I have never so strongly felt the sensation of "I'm glad I'm not that guy" combined with a sort of painful pity as I do right now.

At first I thought you were extending the metaphor of his ignorance and powerlessness, by saying he only played a president on tv. Then I googled and realized you’re being literal and he actually played the role of Ukrainian president on tv in the past

Lmao

• Options
    Chanus

Dude definitely got one of those monkey paw wishes:

"I wish to win the election and become president"

*monkey paw does what monkey paw do*

• Options

These are oven fries from a bag.

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Organichu wrote: »

At first I thought you were extending the metaphor of his ignorance and powerlessness, by saying he only played a president on tv. Then I googled and realized you’re being literal and he actually played the role of Ukrainian president on tv in the past

Lmao

Yes, it's one of those things that sounds absolutely bugfuck nuts (because it is) or like a joke, but it's real. Just like everything from the last decade.

This discussion has been closed.