As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[NFL] Thread: Totes!

19495969798100»

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    edited February 2023
    The Niners lost because they couldn’t stop the Eagles offense though

They lost 31-7, not 14-7

Captain Inertia on
  • Options
    XantomasXantomas Registered User regular
    Ringo wrote: »
    mcdermott wrote: »
    Goumindong wrote: »
    mcp wrote: »
    Can you even trademark squat?

Like, there are requirements you have to meet to be granted one.

No. But you can register all the domain names and then tell the team you will only sell for $100m

Pretty sure nowadays that doesn't work, both the laws in many nations and the rules for domain registrars/TLDs cover this kind of thing. There are still Nissan situations, where somebody was legitimately using your trademarked name prior to your trying to register it. And that would apply if there was, like, even a semi-pro team using the same name somewhere...they got there first. But somebody with no actual history of using the name as a trademark trying to swoop in front of an NFL team (read: unlimited money for lawyers) to register it? I feel like they'd get flattened like a Bengals QB at Burrowhead.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/redskins-new-name-change-favorite/od7m6j32dt2219inltps3iw5v

A guy registered a bunch of trademarks in 2016 specifically to camp on Washington's most practical name changes, and it's at least part of the reason the Red Wolves never became a thing

I guess I don't fully understand how this country can have 10,000 teams named Tigers or Lions or a bunch of other animals, but a small school in Arkansas called Red Wolves can prevent an NFL team from using it? Would Arkansas State Red Wolves not be different than the Washington Red Wolves or Kansas City Red Wolves by the very nature of it being a different state/city in the name?

Some guy squatting on a URL seems like a defeatable problem too. If they can't get washingtonredwolves.com then surely they can get nflwashingtonredwolves or WAredwolves or washingtonredwolvesusa and so on, right?

• Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    It helps that Dan Snyder is a cheap and prideful bastard.

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular

They lost 31-7, not 14-7

Yes...

But had the niners offense been productive the Eagles wouldn't have had it so easy. I don't particularly think a 4th string QB would have made any difference though against the Eagles pass defense. Maybe change an Eagle's TD from offense to defense.

• Options
    XantomasXantomas Registered User regular
    So I was curious about NFL team websites so I found a page with links to all the official team pages and about half of the teams just have the nickname. Like colts.com or panthers.com. The other half have the city/name, like miamidolphins.com and one team has a page that's different. Rams at "therams.com"

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    The NFL has never rigged a Super Bowl.

Except in 2006.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Thera ms

• Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular

They lost 31-7, not 14-7

it's not really fair to blame the defense when your offense aspires to a 3-and-out

• Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    edited February 2023
    There is an indeed lot of offensive value in getting the ball back within 40 seconds of game time from when you have it up.

Like. Offenses can rest. Because when players know they aren’t the target they can use this time to catch their breath. But the defense never knows until it’s too late.

Even a bad offense Vs a good defense will score a lot of points when they have the ball for 45 minutes of a 60 minute game.

Edit; it was actually 37:30 to 22:30 but like pretty heavily stacked for after the injury.

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    MorganV wrote: »
    how did the Saints get around it with Winston, Dalton and Hill? Claim Hill wasn't a QB? Not have both Winston and Dalton on the same gameday roster?

Not that they needed to (again, there's no specific max on any slots that anyone seems aware of), but yes actually. Hill is listed as a TE

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular