Options

Wrestling Thread Hall of Famer Giant Tiger Presents: The Wrestling Thread

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Yeah this is fun but it’s hard to watch and not worry Austin is going to get hurt

• Options
    I'm An Elk; Shoot MeI'm An Elk; Shoot Me It's Fiddler Crab Season! Registered User regular
    I want Taker to come out, still in tux, just holding a beer just "oh hey Austin. Beatin' up Kevin Owens?" "Hell yeah you want on in on this?" "Eh, oh what the hell"

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Yeah this is fun but it’s hard to watch and not worry Austin is going to get hurt

Well, that's why it's Kevin Owens in this spot and not someone else

• Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    Oh man I wanted that KO Stunner to be the finish so badly. But I knew better.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Lmao the slapstick ending was not expected, but that was great.

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular

Kofi you got bumped cause they wont stop airing video packages dude you don't need to be gracious about it

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    The chair off the top rope was excellent

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
  • Options

Kofi you got bumped cause they wont stop airing video packages dude you don't need to be gracious about it

Don't forget that the opening match was in all likelihood cut short by Boogs's injury. They had extra time and still fucked it up.

• Options
    Stone cold tosses you a beer and you ducking DROP IT…

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Kevin Owens was arrested and charged with Hating Texas. He was convicted and is serving a life sentence.

• Options
    Stone Cold teaming up with the cops and the refs and I'm supposed to cheer for him?

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    DJ Eebs wrote: »
    Stone Cold teaming up with the cops and the refs and I'm supposed to cheer for him?

Easily gets over in Texas, however.

• Options
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    Kevin Owens was arrested and charged with Hating Texas. He was convicted and is serving a life sentence.

Byron Saxton never recovered from his injuries.

• Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    edited April 2022
    I would like for Byron Saxton to still be lying motionless in the ring when night 2 starts tomorrow.

Andy Joe on
    XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    I'm An Elk; Shoot MeI'm An Elk; Shoot Me It's Fiddler Crab Season! Registered User regular
    I really do love the post-match "who else gets a stunner?" bit. It's just Austin in post-beer Popeye-on-spinach mode with a face that just says "who else wants to die"

• Options
    Should have stunned his brother

• Options

They have an entire other night with a two hour matchless pre-show planned. Are they seriously saying their match is just canceled?

• Options
    Im looking at tomorrows nights card

How did they not end tomorrow with Austin?

• Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    As someone who only started watching wrestling in 2016 I mostly just come away from this match glad Kevin got a payday and to wrestle with a guy he's a fan of, and presumably was able to negotiate this into his re-signing

I didn't really have the nostalgia to attach so it was just sorta, well! This happened!

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options

They have an entire other night with a two hour matchless pre-show planned. Are they seriously saying their match is just canceled?

Kofi and Sheamus both tweeted about it (Sheamus just tweeted a scissors emoji, aka they got cut for time) so I assume its just off. Maybe it happens on Raw.

• Options

There was no way they weren't ending the final night of Wrestlemania without a title match, especially a title unification match. Austin ending night one was the smart move.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    Via Justin Barrasso of Sports Illustrated
    Cody Rhodes' team of Hyperion, Spanos Law and Vision PR confirms he is signed to a multi-year WWE deal -- and will serve as executive producer to the Dusty Rhodes documentary on A&E

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited April 2022

It could always be on tomorrow's card (which is a big guess/gamble itself because if it got pushed off with as little filler as there was, how will it fare on a card with a 30+ minute Edge match and a 20 minute Reigns entrance)

Regardless, with how the company's been doing Kofi historically, even beyond the numerous attempts at breaking up New Day (that the members went public about having to fend off), and beyond the losing-to-Brock bullshit, they definitely don't deserve the benefit of the doubt (ever but with him in particular) or the kindness he's showing towards it

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    I legit hope Cody is happy and that he isn't going to be on the road all the time missing his daughters childhood.

I guess the nicest thing I can say is I hope he's being compensated well.

EDIT: Actually I'm not done

Once again the stage graphics he had were legitimately some of the best stage graphics I've ever seen it looked incredible

but him kissing the mat is some fucking lame bullshit. motherfucker you left and took a public stand how they stole all your fathers IP AND YOUR NAME, helped take the fun out of wrestling for you and you had a very obvious chip on your shoulder how well your dad and Triple H got along.

Then you come back and act like this is where you wanted to be all along? Man what a carny

bloodyroarxx on
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Goose! wrote: »

Kofi and Sheamus both tweeted about it (Sheamus just tweeted a scissors emoji, aka they got cut for time) so I assume its just off. Maybe it happens on Raw.

Na Man he was just tweeting about how much he loves the Acclaimed

bloodyroarxx on
  • Options
    t70pctuqq2uv.png
  • Options
    I'd imagine Kevin Owens feels pretty happy about having the first Stone Cold match since 2003 and presumably having the last Stone Cold match, as the main event of a Wrestlemania. The match itself was fine for what it was, and, you know, above all else what it showed was that they trusted Kevin Owens to pretty much carry this entire feud on his back and also to wrestle a pretty safe and still competent match with, you know, one of the biggest legends they've ever had.

What I'm saying is: I can see why he re-signed.

• Options
    I'd imagine Kevin Owens feels pretty happy about having the first Stone Cold match since 2003 and presumably having the last Stone Cold match, as the main event of a Wrestlemania. The match itself was fine for what it was, and, you know, above all else what it showed was that they trusted Kevin Owens to pretty much carry this entire feud on his back and also to wrestle a pretty safe and still competent match with, you know, one of the biggest legends they've ever had.

To that end,

For all the booking slights we feel happen, I think WWE more than understands how important Owens and Zayn are to the future as two guys who will be forever over with the audience and can move around the card when needed. They might actually be the two best wrestlers in the world but will never get that recognition for a multitude of reasons.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
  • Options
    Apparently Drew was supposed to have a special entrance that was cut as well cause of them needing to get Boogs out

• Options
    Nirya wrote: »

To that end,

For all the booking slights we feel happen, I think WWE more than understands how important Owens and Zayn are to the future as two guys who will be forever over with the audience and can move around the card when needed. They might actually be the two best wrestlers in the world but will never get that recognition for a multitude of reasons.

They both really know how the WWE style works. I do understand it, the complaints that they aren't constantly in huge, rad matches, because I also miss when Sami Zayn could just casually drop a five star match against Nakamura on Wrestlemania weekend. It'd be great to see them have a good tag title run, if nothing else, and I can't believe that they haven't had one yet.

• Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    I don't know if it was the same for anyone else but seeing Cody's entrance he actually looked out of place. I don't know why. And while he did get a pop tonight, I can't imagine anything Cody has done since leaving would warrant such a response considering what he was doing before he left WWE and the reception he was getting in AEW, so it seems more about getting a win over AEW than anything else.
    Nirya wrote: »

Austin looks in great shape and bigger than KO, not sure he needs a handicap. Also imagine giving a stunner to an announcer and it's not Corey Graves. I didn't understand why they let Corey be annoying through the whole fucking match for no pay off, put McAffee in there so at least he can be over the top excited about it.

• Options
    I understand believing your own hype and advocating for yourself but fucking what?
    “I told Vince McMahon, Bruce Prichard and Nick Khan — this very small circle of individuals — I told them what I truly believe and it’s that I’m the best wrestler in the world.” “And to go further with it, I actually don’t think there’s a close second. But with that said, the opportunity now exists to prove it, and that’s what I’m most excited about.

Other quotes
    “I chose to remain silent about my departure from AEW and I’m going to keep my word on that.” “There’s no shoot interview. There’s no nefarious tale that’s going to be told. There were all these different theories and none of them are correct. I mean, there were things about money and creative control. They were printed as fact and it’s been a very difficult two months to see that, when the reality is it was just time.”
    “One of the most special parts of it was Bruce and Vince flew down to meet me,” Rhodes revealed. “If that meeting had not led to anything, if it was just a conversation about wrestling or sports entertainment, it would been great closure for the last loop – because I left here on the worst of terms. I talked all the smack on earth – but none of it mattered. It was just a case of [Vince] telling me, ‘you went out and did it.’”
    “I remember saying, ‘I have to be me. It has to be Kingdom [theme music], it has to be the American Nightmare, all of it.’ To hear Vince say, ‘well, it’s not broke, that’s what we’re buying’ felt like vindication. It felt so good.
    Rhodes emphasized he’s back to WWE to carry out unfinished business for his family.

“”But it’s pretty clear what I came back to do,” Rhodes said. “There’s unfinished business for my family, and something we never got. And I want to be the one to get it.”

Speaking further on his meeting with WWE officials, Rhodes referred to WWE President Nick Khan as the nicest guy he’s ever met.

“He is the nicest guy I’ve ever met in my life,” Rhodes said of Khan. “It was so nice to have him, the Chairman and Bruce all come in [to meet me]. The courtship felt so good, it really did.”

• Options
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    "Unnecessary video packages" isn't fair. WM has the highest casual audience of any show they put on (except maybe the Rumble but I bet that's a distant 2nd). That's who those are for, not us.

Could fat have been trimmed? Absolutely; their time management has always been shit at WM. And I'm not saying having less of 50% of the run time be bell-to-bell is great -- although a match was cut/bumped, which is both part of the problem and a victim of it.

Vyolynce on
  • Options
    GeddoeGeddoe Registered User regular

Time for Austin to cash in his "Stunner in the Bank" briefcase and pin Brock and Roman.

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    It's no secret Triple H is my favorite wrestler ever even though I destroyed his throne and bad-mouthed him to the end of the earth. He was the last person I saw before I went out there. If he never knew he was my favorite wrestler, now I have to tell him.

lol. lmao

This discussion has been closed.