Check out this thread for an update on DJ Eebs.

Virginia Beach?

PeenPeen Registered User regular
My wife and I are going to spend a few days in Virginia Beach to celebrate our anniversary in a month, anyone have any recommendations for things to do/places to go or eat/anything we shouldn't miss?

• RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    Well, the first thing you should know is that it's in Virginia. That's gonna be your best place to start looking. They have a beach, as you may have already guessed, so bring your swim trunks and sunscreen!

Honestly I thought I had something for this but I haven't been there in twenty years. When I was a kid it was a beach town, but not necessarily a resort town, so the best food and such was well known to the locals and hidden from the tourists. Probably worth trying to find a local blog that talks about the area and see what they wrote

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    Breakfast places are good there. I liked Bay Local and May's Parlor and java surf.

There's a burrito place named Pelon's that's good and a family style Mexican joint called Plaza Azteca. Zeek's beans and bowls was good for wraps and salads. Atlantic has good seafood but it's very hard to get in. There's a nice happy hour at the Wyndham, very quiet with an ocean view and tasty shrimp (though it is not peeled 😭). Baladi Mediterranean is excellent, get the gyro. Masala bites is good Indian but it's 25 minutes away. Do not try other Indian food. The no frill grill and the steakhouse near it are fine but overpriced. Tuna hot has good food if you're up north. Eat is amazing if for some reason you're looking to spend $50 a plate.

Source: recently stayed in Virginia Beach for a month with my newborn nephew.

sig.gif
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Busch Gardens is like an hour away in Williamsburg and added a new coaster this season.

If you want to do a lot of museums, then you have Norfolk. Nauticus, Naval Museum, and so on. Freemason Abbey is one of my favorite dine-in experiences alongside the Bier Garden in Portsmouth.

My favorite seafood place, Lynnhaven Fish House, shut down leaving me adrift. Captain George was good, but I have not been there in many years. I think it’s a chain, so bleh. You definitely want to go someone for oysters and she-crab soup. If you can afford wings, Dirty Buffalo is one of my favorites. But it is pricey right now.

YL9WnCY.png
  • LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    Sterica wrote: »
    Busch Gardens is like an hour away in Williamsburg and added a new coaster this season.

If you want to do a lot of museums, then you have Norfolk. Nauticus, Naval Museum, and so on. Freemason Abbey is one of my favorite dine-in experiences alongside the Bier Garden in Portsmouth.

My favorite seafood place, Lynnhaven Fish House, shut down leaving me adrift. Captain George was good, but I have not been there in many years. I think it’s a chain, so bleh. You definitely want to go someone for oysters and she-crab soup. If you can afford wings, Dirty Buffalo is one of my favorites. But it is pricey right now.

Busch Gardens is a fun day park, especially if the idea of a theme park with decent rides and ample booze appeals to you.

• MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    A bit of a drive, but you can hit Colonial Williamsburg, too.

Or just sleep in like you haven't in years.