As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Nokia 6288 vs Sony Ericsson W810i

aquabataquabat Registered User regular
edited June 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
I want to get either a Sony Ericsson W810i or a Nokia 6288. Does anyone have any experience with these phones? I've always had a Nokia, but I like the look of the Sony Ericsson.

aquabat on

• Options
    lordswinglordswing Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    The W810i is really solid, 2 of my friend's have them, they're really nice. I know nothing about that Nokia though, I don't think you can go wrong w/either choice though.

lordswing on
    D2:LoD East -> *FlipPaulHewitt
  • Options
    FirstComradeStalinFirstComradeStalin Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I say Sony Ericsson simply because they're just very good phones, with a lot of functionality and the best UI of all major phone manufacturers. However, the Nokia appears to be cheaper, so if that matters the Nokia isn't a bad option.

FirstComradeStalin on
    Picture1-4.png
  • Options
    The CatThe Cat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2007
    I've got a lower-model ericsson (K750i running W800i software) and love it, the only thing you have to watch out for is that the joystick needs replacing once a year or so. A mate of mine has the K800i and its great too. The firmware for the 800's has had a history of being a bit crash-happy, but updates have handled the problem fairly well.

The Cat on
    tmsig.jpg
  • Options
    CryogenCryogen Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I've got a 6288 and i'm very happy with it. I find it easy to use. Although i've never used the ericsson so i cant compare them.

Cryogen on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    How long have you had it Cryogen? I've heard the screen cracks easily and the slider mechanism becames loose

aquabat on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    About a year i think? I keep it in my pants pocket, with no protector/case, along with my car keys. The screen has very light, spidery 'scratches' because of this (as every other phone i've owned has!). But its not cracked at all, nor has any of the color-bleed caused by screen impact damage you see sometimes. The slide is still tight. The battery cover is also tight and unbroken (my last phone the battery cover was the first thing to break). I've dropped it a few times from my desk to polished wooden floorboards, and its still ok.

Actually, thinking about it, it really has held up pretty well! It still looks pretty new, aside from the faint scratches i mentioned.

Cryogen on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Thanks man...
    I think I might try going for the SE though. Branch out and stuff, try new things. I hate buying new phones.

just off topic for second
    Your title should be 'yer frund in the frudge'

aquabat on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Yeah it should, i wasnt sure if all the yanks would get it though... or ppl might think i'm a nz'er :P

Cryogen on