As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Shadowrun Returns/Dragonfall/Hong Kong - Now on Switch!

2»

• Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    I learned Jordan Weisman left, which is kind of sad, since the company was basically founded on Shadowrun, but ah well.

He sold the company! Mission accomplished. Jordan Weisman is legitimately a nerd and I think legitimately loves his creations but he is also a serial entrepreneur. His job isn't really creating IPs and roleplaying games so much as creating companies and flipping them, which of course has been the source of a lot of the copyright problems that the FASA properties labor under.
    Oh thank goodness. Was worried he left on bad terms or something.

Will give the new IP a shot.
    While crying on the inside that its not Shadowrun.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    JusticeJustice Registered User regular
    FASA? Google is not helpful here.

• Options
    TertieeTertiee Registered User regular
    Justice wrote: »
    FASA? Google is not helpful here.

FASA Corporation, company Jordan Weisman co-founded which published the Shadowrun tabletop RPG.

For The Lamplighters League I hope it goes more story/character focused like the SR games. Their FAQ states there will be up to 11 playable characters which sounds like a bit much narratively but maybe it'll be focused on the 3 mandatory characters shown in the trailer.

• Options
    ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
    edited March 2023
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    I learned Jordan Weisman left, which is kind of sad, since the company was basically founded on Shadowrun, but ah well.

He sold the company! Mission accomplished. Jordan Weisman is legitimately a nerd and I think legitimately loves his creations but he is also a serial entrepreneur. His job isn't really creating IPs and roleplaying games so much as creating companies and flipping them, which of course has been the source of a lot of the copyright problems that the FASA properties labor under.

WTF is that man doing with his money?!

I gave a Like to Smith & Tinker's facebook page and now I can't remove it since it's not longer available.

Mitch Gitelman is still around so that's something.

Archsorcerer on
    XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA
  • Options
    NathrakNathrak Registered User regular
    The Lamplighters League comes out tomorrow Oct. 3rd! I've avoided reading about it too much since I want to go in blind and will be playing it on Gamepass but I'm excited.

• Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    Nathrak wrote: »
    The Lamplighters League comes out tomorrow Oct. 3rd! I've avoided reading about it too much since I want to go in blind and will be playing it on Gamepass but I'm excited.

Just bear in mind it's a technical mess, so might warrant keeping backup saves.

I'm probably going to get it myself despite this.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    I picked up the Shadowrun book Humble Bundle.

Also, at Gencon, I picked up the highly recommended first book, Do Not Deal With a Dragon

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767