As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Oh no

13»

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Darmak wrote: »
    I’m hesitant to call Eminem a “cool dude” but he’s definitely matured in the right direction.

I heard something similar about Violent J. I dunno how much he's matured, but I did read something about him regretting all the homophobic shit he'd said

His daughter is a furry, and 3 or 4 years ago he tore into a company that sold her a shitty fursuit online and helped her get a much better one made. Then he got himself one and went with her to some cons to show support.

And here they are:
    ze5b712n2d22.jpeg

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    that juggalo makeup fur pattern is uncannily well-made

anyways yeah the ICP-Eminem beef is very silly and seems mostly one-sided, and frankly I think Detroit is big enough for two sets of aging white rappers eh

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    I read that the beef was squashed after the ICP and D12 went bowling together.

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    ChicoBlue wrote: »

I choose to believe this is true. Please refrain from offering any followup that doesn't make the story better, ty in advance.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »
    ChicoBlue wrote: »

I choose to believe this is true. Please refrain from offering any followup that doesn't make the story better, ty in advance.
    oh dang it actually is

I guess I just know a few weirdoes who are ICP fans and still hate Eminem for some reason

• Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    edited July 2022
    Butters wrote: »
    Did i just wake up in 2005 and the last 17 years were a horrible nightmare?

Hey guys! Long time lurker, first time poster here! Try to go easy on me! My favorite game is Need for Speed: Most Wanted, what about you guys?

edit: oh wow these threads move fast!

SirToasty on
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    I could really go for one of them sobe teas what with the lizard imprint on the glass bottle

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    Eh, I could take or leave 2005

Now 2012? That was a year. Quetzalcoatl is coming everybody! Haha, jk. Anyway, have you heard about this new podcast called MBMBaM? Two of the hosts are videogame reviewers! I wonder what they had to say about Mass Effect 2, I bet the end of the trilogy is going to be amazing!

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    People who have met me and who have also met the wook tell me we look really similar. All I wanted to say is, wook you lucky bastard

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited July 2022
    Eminem is probably as flawed a guy as anyone else but his lines have always been very much from the heart and exposed his fears/angers/struggles and I think that means people have a specific affection for him.

Like a lot of rap is about being like yeah I'm the fucking shit and alright cool okay but Eminem was rapping about hating his parents and worrying about his daughter and growing up poor as shit, plus he's pretty charismatic and his style is very raw. I think its fair to say he's one of the all time greatest and for good reason.

Solar on
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Zxerol wrote: »
    Eminem is seen as kinda washed, corny, and played out nowadays (at least in grognard hip hop circle types, dude still makes bank), but every so often you see sparks of old broke-ass popping pills Marshall Mathers, and that's when you sufficiently piss him off to the point where he decides to send some bars your way and knock you into the shadow realm.

Eminem is somehow popular with the kids again. 14 year old white kids love him again.

• Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    Solar wrote: »
    Eminem is probably as flawed a guy as anyone else but his lines have always been very much from the heart and exposed his fears/angers/struggles and I think that means people have a specific affection for him.

Like a lot of rap is about being like yeah I'm the fucking shit and alright cool okay but Eminem was rapping about hating his parents and worrying about his daughter and growing up poor as shit, plus he's pretty charismatic and his style is very raw. I think its fair to say he's one of the all time greatest and for good reason.

My best friend admits that Eminem has incredible flow, and she digs me in the ribs and says that white boys like me finally have a hiphop role model. 🙄

I'm like, "HOW DARE YOU disparage Rob Van Winkle, aka Vanilla Ice?!?"

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular

eminem was not the first nor the best to do that, though he is one of the whitest

i'm not a fan of him, i will not deny he is talented, but he got popular because he was a white guy who did things white people want to do (appropriate Black culture, call people f************s on tv)

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular

My best friend admits that Eminem has incredible flow, and she digs me in the ribs and says that white boys like me finally have a hiphop role model. 🙄

or the Beastie Boys who were doing it as well as anyone almost 40 years ago

.... jesus I'm old

• Options
    Xaquin wrote: »

.... jesus I'm old

Well, the Beasties kinda were in fact astonishingly legit, while I don't actually have any respect for Van Winkle until he made the speed metal version of Ice Ice Baby.

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Yeah, he was a misogynist, homophobic bigoted jerk, I'm not sure if he's recanted and apologized and bettered himself since his early days

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited July 2022
    every time eminem releases a new album, people wonder "will he say the f-slur on this one?" and the answer is still always yes

edit: maybe not the latest one? i didn't know he put something out in 2020 but he was still saying it in 2018

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular

.... jesus I'm old

Well, the Beasties kinda were in fact astonishingly legit, while I don't actually have any respect for Van Winkle until he made the speed metal version of Ice Ice Baby.

Link?

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    MegaMan001 wrote: »

.... jesus I'm old

Link?

Sure.

https://youtu.be/TfqFq52Vcxs

• Options

.... jesus I'm old

Link?

he come to town

come to save

the princess zelda

• Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    I eventually grew tired of people praising Eminem for his genius ability to rhyme orange with "flor-ringe."

"You see it almost rhymes if I mangle the pronunciation of the second word" doesn't really sneak you past Andre 3000 in terms of greatest of all time.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular

.... jesus I'm old

Link?

Sure.

Kudos to him for owning that song, but holy shit is that worse than the original.

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options

.... jesus I'm old

Link?

Sure.

Kudos to him for owning that song, but holy shit is that worse than the original.

Well yes, I don't respect him for it because it is good. I respect him for it because he took something that was kinda problematic and appropriative and put his own distinct spin on it in an entirely different genre. Like, I can't get away from the fact that he stole the beat from Queen's Under Pressure and didn't give credit until people started playing them side by side, or that he's a middle class white kid from Florida who essentially cosplayed black culture.

I can much more easily accept mediocre speed metal from that guy.

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular

.... jesus I'm old

Link?

he come to town

come to save

the princess zelda

God dammit, I am ancient.

• Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Is that what the kids are calling speed metal these days?

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    Hmm I'm not sure what I would call that but speed metal isn't really it. Maybe some kind of hardcore? Hard rock even.