As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Phalla] Steamworld: Mafia - Game Over

38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid againwait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
edited August 2022 in Critical Failures
Steamworld Mafia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=040CPlDlbvo

The Earth!

Broken into a million shards, forcing its steam-driven inhabitants into space.

Hard Working folks known as Cowbots survive by farming moisture and mining what little land is left, constantly dealing with all sorts of space-jerks.

Produced and directed by 38thDoe

What’s all this now?

This is a robotic social deduction game taking place in a future populated by steam-driven robots.

Phalla is the Penny-Arcade Forum Version of the Party Game Mafia in which a small informed minority tries to outnumber the rest of the players by elimination. Sometimes there are reasonable powers that certain players get like being able to unilaterally kill another player or guard against a kill. More in depth General rules of Phalla can be found here. New players are welcome as are old of course.

Specific rules can be found below:

Standard Phalla Rules/Mechanics:

You must vote each day. Vote in bold red for whomever you think is likely to be a threat to you. The winner of the vote will be eliminated every night. Tie votes will kill both people involved and the person causing the tie. Be careful.

In addition, everyone should make at least two posts each day. Failure to vote or contribute will lead to warning and replacement.

Do not directly quote anything from PMs with me, or take screenshots of them. It is okay to paraphrase role PMs however.

Do not add other players to PM conversations.

Do not anonymously contact anyone.

When you die you may make one ghost post which cannot contain any game information whatsoever.

Ask for clarifications in Bold DarkOrange. You can always PM me with clarification requests, or post them directly in the thread. If you have questions about your role you should probably use the PM method to avoid giving away info to the other players. They are *already* suspicious of you.

Make sure you invite me to any PMs or proboards you might form.

Order of actions: Vote>???>Guard>Kill>Seer

The Day will Close at 3PM Eastern Time. Votes and orders cast at 2:59PM Eastern and earlier will count, those at 3:00PM Eastern and after will not count.

Signup in bold limegreen

Specific Rules/Mechanics:

To be Determined.

Clarification Requests/Answers:

Heffling wrote: Β»
Any special mechanics?

There is currently nothing active on a game wide level.

38thDoE on steam
πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€
38thDoe on
Β«134567

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    edited July 2022
    Player List:
    1. AustinP0027
    2. kime
    3. JPants
    4. discrider
    5. Lucedes - Robot Hatter
    6. The Brayster
    7. LostNinja
    8. MamaWolf - Robot Priest
    9. Cythraul
    10. schuss
    11. Gizzy - Robotic Salesmen
    12. Heffling - Robot Mafia
    13. H3Knuckles - Strong Bot
    14. chamberlain - Robot Milliner
    15. cj iwakura
    16. mrpaku - Robot Blacksmith
    17. premium - Elderbot
    18. Phoenix-D
    19. ...

Reserves:
    1. ...

On Vacation, possibly to the moon:
    1. ...

Narration Links:
    1. Opening Narration
    2. Day 1
    3. Day Two

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam

• Options
    AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    I will be the most robit, robot.

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    beep boop

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    JPantsJPants Registered User regular

• Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    I'm already a robot so
    what's the vacation list for?

• Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    edited July 2022
    i have always been a robot

Lucedes on
  • Options
    The BraysterThe Brayster UKRegistered User regular
    edited July 2022
    Sign me Up!

The Brayster on
    Steam: TheBrayster
    PSN: TheBrayster_92
  • Options
    Lucedes wrote: Β»
    i have always been a robot

I knew it!

• Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    edited July 2022
    *does robot dance*

LostNinja on
  • Options
    MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    It's been a while

"May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • Options
    CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    SPACE-JERKS UNITE!!!

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular
    edited July 2022
    it's been a while

schuss on
  • Options
    GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    Gizzy

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    !Signup

• Options
    Also @38thDoe you've put @AustinP0027 on the list twice

"May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • Options
    I will play two roles. Only one will be mafia. And I will be completely clueless that I am also mafia the whole time.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Thanks! I suppose I don't need to give out double roles yet.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    I am mid-home purchase / move, probably can't do this one. Like, closing in a couple hours mid-.

• Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    Provided this starts monday at the earliest,

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    edited July 2022

Do I vote for Kime now or later?

chamberlain on
  • Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular

Do I vote for Kime now or later?

Game has to start first, but definitely get it ready in drafts

• Options
    You're just meant to let kime direct all the targets of your special's powers anyway, so maybe wait until after that too.

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    I'll !sign up for kicks.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Provided this starts monday at the earliest,

I agree to your demands!

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited July 2022
    It's been quite a week. After that I got through the weekend mostly alright, but just had a home problem pop up that hopefully will hold with the temporary solution we put in until we can do a more long-term fix. Also one of the family members I live with just got back from a business trip to find they got covid somewhere along the way.

I'm not angry at them, as far as I'm concerned they're a victim in this; they've been super-careful all through the pandemic, are vaccinated and getting boosters as they are able, and I know they would have taken all reasonable precautions while out there. Also the person I live with tried to get out of having to go. But they couldn't, and now we're stuck trying to quarantine them inside a house with multiple high risk residents.

I am very angry at their employer (which is in the medical business no less). One of the people who is regularly in the office this was hosted at tested positive for covid before people had to start flying out, and instead of cancelling and doing the meetings by zoom like a responsible organization, the business decided to cross their fingers and assume none of the other office regulars could have contracted it. This set of meetings involved people from across the US, Canada, and even from Britain. The business senselessly jeopardized the travelers, everyone they live with, came into contact with on the flights, or at any airports they went through, or whatever public transit, taxi, or uber lifts they may have used to get to and from the airport. The office dictators of the business world need to get over their petty desires to have people physically present to boss around, or try to impress with tours of the facilities, to make themselves feel big and important. This obsession is a public health risk.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    It's been a week. After that I got through the weekend mostly alright, but just had a home problem pop up that hopefully will hold with the temporary solution we put in until we can do a more long-term fix. Also one of the family members I live with just got back from a business trip to find they got covid somewhere along the way.

I'm not angry at them, as far as I'm concerned they're a victim in this; they've been super-careful all through the pandemic, are vaccinated and getting boosters as they are able, and I know they would have taken all reasonable precautions while out there. Also the person I live with tried to get out of having to go. But they couldn't, and now we're stuck trying to quarantine them inside a house with multiple high risk residents.

I am very angry at their employer (which is in the medical business no less). One of the people who is regularly in the office this was hosted at tested positive for covid before people had to start flying out, and instead of cancelling and doing the meetings by zoom like a responsible organization, the business decided to cross their fingers and assume none of the other office regulars could have contracted it. This set of meetings involved people from across the US, Canada, and even from Britain. The business senselessly jeopardized the travelers, everyone they live with, came into contact with on the flights, or at any airports they went through, or whatever public transit, taxi, or uber lifts they may have used to get to and from the airport. The office dictators of the business world need to get over their petty desires to have people physically present to boss around, or try to impress with tours of the facilities, to make themselves feel big and important. This obsession is a public health risk.

Relatedly to this, my office just started making lunch free to try and see if it will get people to come back. As most have just kinda noped out after the official return to office and continue to work remote. My VP who LOVES having everyone in the office (not to boss around, he rarely leaves his office anyway…) even seemed to change his tune last week.

• Options
    It's been quite a week. After that I got through the weekend mostly alright, but just had a home problem pop up that hopefully will hold with the temporary solution we put in until we can do a more long-term fix. Also one of the family members I live with just got back from a business trip to find they got covid somewhere along the way.

I'm sorry that you are going through this.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    I was hoping to get a few more signups. If anyone is on the fence I'd love to have you.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited July 2022
    Yeah, think I'll sign up! , but I'll likely be quieter than usual...this summer has been kicking my ass so far...

mrpaku on
  • Options
    premiumpremium Registered User regular
    signup!

• Options
    Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    signup!

• Options
    Okay, I'll try and get things going over the weekend or maybe even today if I have time. Signups and reserves will still be open until the opening narration.
    First day will end Monday the 25th.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    in case i forget to vote, !premium seems suspicious already.

before we've even gotten roles. ESPECIALLY if we're both mafia or masoned somehow.

• Options
    Favor? When this officially starts could you @ the players involved? Sometimes people don't realize the game started until it's too late.

• Options
    I'll let you know when this starts, mamawolf.
    No worries

• Options
    Sorry all, ended up with a Migraine on Friday and Sunday so I'm off schedule. Have to leave work early today to make sure my foot is no longer broken and then hopefully I'll get everything out tonight. You will at the very least get a PM with your role when we start. I can do a ping as well.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    edited July 2022
    38thDoe wrote: Β»
    Sorry all, ended up with a Migraine on Friday and Sunday so I'm off schedule. Have to leave work early today to make sure my foot is no longer broken and then hopefully I'll get everything out tonight. You will at the very least get a PM with your role when we start. I can do a ping as well.

No worries. I hope everything goes alright.

H3Knuckles on
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    I hope your foot is no longer broken. I also hope it was broken in the winning of an ass kicking competition.

• Options
    I uh... fell... *up* the stairs.

38thDoE on steam