Options

[Tokusatsu] RIP Carranger/DonBros actress Yuka Motohashi

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Friend of mine saw this figure in a store and was wondering who the character was and what show they're from because of the (vaguely) trans flag colors, any of y'all know?

IMG_0585.jpg

That is Kamen Rider Revi from Kamen Rider Revice (he has a demon partner named Vice that he needs to transform into a Rider)

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
    Outsiders trailer leaked so now we got Zein:
    b6mybruxwn9r.jpeg

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Lanz wrote: »
    Outsiders trailer leaked so now we got Zein:
    b6mybruxwn9r.jpeg
    Nice look there. Also, wonder which Rider Card he's holding.

• Options
    Apparently there’s another shot going around but Toei’s already getting them pulled off twitter

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    With the caveat thatwe’re still deep in Rumor territory and leaks, supposedly someone talking with a Gotchard leaker sketched up a design based on what they’ve said about the new main rider’s look:

Also the aforementioned rumor:
    [spoilered since it uses a thing from Shin KR to exemplify]
    Guess we're doing Gotchard thread 2

-Gotchard's main form is Grasshopper + Steam Train
    -Helmet looks similar to original Kamen Rider
    -Wears a white scarf
    -Wear goggles on the head which is connected to -antennae
    -His belt is orange and looks like display screen

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    New Tycoon form:
    4vtnimyc60bg.jpeg

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    The relative lack of forms in this series, given the gimmick has been pretty wild.

I really do get the impression there's either been budget cuts or just rising costs behind the scenes somewhere - even stepping back to like Ex-aid had a lot, lot more suits, and that was a series very explicitly reusing and reusing the same monster of the week designs (which I don't necessarily object to)

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Options
    The relative lack of forms in this series, given the gimmick has been pretty wild.

It does make some sense within the context of the show though seeing as the setting is a competition so the DGP couldn't have one form be stronger then the other outside of whatever Boost, which it in itself is a limited-time item, grants. The special forms were either given out to make things fairer or came from outside of the normal system.

• Options
    Now that today's episode of Geats aired, some more shots of the new form's coming in.

A new trailer for the Geats movie's out too.
    The black Geats is called Kamen Rider Cross-Geats. Looks like the movie might involve some of Ace's past selves too.

• Options
    Owenashi wrote: »
    Now that today's episode of Geats aired, some more shots of the new form's coming in.

A new trailer for the Geats movie's out too.
    The black Geats is called Kamen Rider Cross-Geats. Looks like the movie might involve some of Ace's past selves too.

Poster too:
    ub1y0ysdd3mu.jpeg

Also was surprised by
    how much of Shogun form is reused Gear; it’s basically a redeco of Command plus samurai themed arm and leg gear? Is the katana a Re-used prop too?

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular

It does make some sense within the context of the show though seeing as the setting is a competition so the DGP couldn't have one form be stronger then the other outside of whatever Boost, which it in itself is a limited-time item, grants. The special forms were either given out to make things fairer or came from outside of the normal system.

Right, but even in that context we mostly have tycoon, nago etc sticking to a single thing, save we've seen the occasional ninja+ booster or the ilk.

I was really hoping we'd see a lot more variety, like going ninja+ monster, ninja+ Gatling, there's a bunch of options

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    They really embraced the modular suit designs and just threw out a ton of designs and a ton of Riders, instead of just having 2-3 and giving them each upgrade forms. It's a fun way to mix things up for a season.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    edited June 2023

ENDLESS FIGHT
    ENDLESS FIGHT

KATTOBI FIGHT!!!

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    I mean I get it, but I think it’s funny that even though Tycoon’s standard buckle is Ninja, he’s using a different ninja-based buckle

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    I mean I get it, but I think it’s funny that even though Tycoon’s standard buckle is Ninja, he’s using a different ninja-based buckle

One based on Shinobi in fact.

• Options

One based on Shinobi in fact.

Bandai want moooooooney[/deep ogre voice]

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    I need to grab it but there’s also a clip with their transformations going around, and ZX’s actually has his surgery scars form over his face right before the suit manifests

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    Cross posting between here and the GunPla thread, the next Shogakugan Modeling Project kit is going to be their SMP Alternative take on Liveman’s mecha, LiveRobo:

The last blog for the SMP Alternative Destiny Live Robo dropped like 2 hours ago, with another interview with the designer. Can't wait for the preorder. It's retail and about 8910 yen. The blog teases Live Boxer (P-Bandai presumably)

https://bandaicandy.hateblo.jp/entry/20230619_smp

#Liveman #ライブマン

kf60kbfuc1ma.jpeg
    7hjowoe9700i.jpeg
    imxvbhmgmikh.jpeg
    cf2ceiokqsbt.jpeg

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    Still watching some old Toku shows. Watched Ultra from Ultra Q through to Ultraman Ace.
    Ace was a slog. It starts with an interesting premise and then ends up not knowing what to do with it. It has the worst team so far. They all hate each other. There's a solid run of like a dozen episodes where they all revolve around the team berating someone for being stupid enough to think there's a monster.
    But the final like 10ish episodes actually perked up. I imagine it was a different production run as some side characters disappeared and there was a welcome change in tone. Ended on a much higher note than the long long middle.

But it still calls for a break on Ultra.
    Did a digest version watch of original Kamen Rider before the movie came out.
    Moving on to Kamen Rider Black, which has been great so far. Kind of nice to hop into the 80s as well.

• Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    That's a bit of a bummer, my weekly toku group just started on Ultraman Ace. It's only one of the 5 shows we watch a week. One ep a week, but 50 episode shows take a year to get through.

Maybe we'll stick with it, our expectations and what we get out of each show is pretty fluid.

• Options
    There's some definite winners in the mix of Ace. Especially in the first and final quarters. Just overall out of the Ultra shows I'd watched so far it was my least enjoyed. One a week is actually going to work out a lot better. When you watch two or three in a row it can make some repeat flaws a little grating.

Also likely best episode title so far. Terrible Monster is Ten Women?

• Options
    Ace also gives you the whole Planet Golgotha thing, which effectively sets an aesthetic course that will change Japanese pop media for generations to come.

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    Looks like they just announced Bison Liner and Sai Fire joining too:
    7eb2up509zio.jpeg

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options

Found this clip tweeted again and thought it was only right to share it again as it's a dope scene.

• Options

Shin Kamen Rider" live action movie by Hideaki Anno will be released in more than 200 countries on Amazon Prime Video on July 21.
    https://eiga.com/news/20230622/2/
    via @tokulture
    pic.twitter.com/P3RGLlBWl0

It looks like the article got pulled between me loading the page and getting in here to post this, so maybe this went live before Toei was ready to announce, but it would look like Shin Kamen Rider’s home streaming date is now in the wild: Next month on the 21st, global release

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    But will it be on bluray??

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    But will it be on bluray??

No word yet; I think this itself was probably an accidental leak given Eiga’s pulled the article and it now directs to a 404 page, so probably a bit of a ways out before announcing disc release details.

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    Here we go:

Movie "#Shin Kamen Rider"
    Exclusive distribution decision at Prime Video @PrimeVideo_JP.

<From Friday, July 21, 2023>
    <More than 200 countries and regions around the world>

#Explosive world exclusive distribution

Click here for details
    shin-kamen-rider.jp/news/?p=1495

Please stay tuned.

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    Meanwhile my order of the Shin Ultraman bluray is showing a delivery window of July 18th-August 22nd despite having a July 11th release date. That's not confidence inspiring.

• Options
    edited June 2023
    Tagged for Shin Kamen Rider spoilers, but Bandai just announced they’re going to do as CSM of the Shin Typhoon and a DX of
    as well:

Commercialization decision>
    CSM Transformation Belt Typhoon Early Type with Prana Forced Ejection Auxiliary Mechanism

CSM Transformation Belt Typhoon Early Improved Type with Opening and Closing Safety Device

<Reservations accepted on 7/21 (Fri.)>
    DX Henshin Belt Ultimate Half Typhoon Prototype Modified Type

Details ↓
    p-bandai.jp/b-toys-shop/sp…

Please stay tuned.

#シン・仮面ライダー

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options

Toho is releasing a new live action short film featuring both Godzilla and Jet Jaguar at Godzilla Festival 2023 in Japan. The film will use a newly recreated version of the 1973 Jet Jaguar suit, with crowdfunding for it opening on June 26. ubgoe.com/projects/464

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    New Buckle:
    31a1heq3tpos.jpeg

Vengeance Tanu oh no

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    So there’s a rumored Gotchard image going around that may be real or a really well done fake

Im iffy on it since there are a few inconsistencies, like the way the antennae are skewed and the border around the crusher plate seems to be uneven in a way you wouldn’t see these days on a hero shot helmet

EDIT: right side’s outer arrow also is kind of messy in a way you wouldn’t see happening in a real photo either

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    They made some choices there

• Options
    I do like how sleek it seems to be, but yeah, something looks off about the image, particularly the helmet

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    Okay looking more I’m leaning towards AI made

Looking again, the lower ab plates are asymmetrical; one bit, the left, starts it’s panel line higher and at this perspective we should see the beginning of that little curve on right side too like we do on the left side

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    McHogerMcHoger Registered User regular
    Geats 41
    36hnbj8ur4yn.jpg
    Um...Excuse me?

Oh...Bujinsword...

• Options
    McHoger wrote: »
    Geats 41
    36hnbj8ur4yn.jpg
    Um...Excuse me?

Oh...Bujinsword...
    well, we can’t say the form is…

half-assed.

[a large crook comes out from behind the curtain, hooks around my neck and yanks me off the stage]

waNkm4k.jpg?1