Options

[Tokusatsu] RIP Carranger/DonBros actress Yuka Motohashi

• Options
    LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
    edited October 2023
    So not much to add but after all these years finally doing Faiz, my first series all those years ago, proper from start to finish, particularly with the twentieth anniversary and upcoming film. Back when it was airing I basically picked it up midstream but fell off due to reasons/difficulty keeping up with it, but even so for me Faiz has always been like, my Core Rider at heart.

God it’s wonderful to be back and with Takumi’s utter inability to eat (temperature) hot foods.

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    BreakfastPMBreakfastPM Registered User regular
    Ultraman Blazar's latest episode (ep 15) was really good. Had a callback plot and Kaiju to the original Ultraman and built out Gento as a character more. I've been enjoying the New Generation stuff, but Blazar has been particularly good

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    KVXUG2Zh.jpg

Sorry. I came across this and it reminded me that Kamen Rider Taisen is still a thing that exists. Now I must spread the pain to lessen my own.

• Options
    Owenashi wrote: »
    KVXUG2Zh.jpg

Sorry. I came across this and it reminded me that Kamen Rider Taisen is still a thing that exists. Now I must spread the pain to lessen my own.

🎵CHICHI YO HAHA YO IMOUTO YO
    KAZE NO UNARI NI CHI GA SAKEBI
    CHIKARA NO KAGIRI BUCHI ATARU
    🎵

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    https://youtu.be/quKBfkW1hj0
    There's a new teaser for Gotchard Vs Legend at the :42 mark and it does look like they got someone from Kamen Rider Decade to be part of the special though not who'd you think.
    So the Legend Driver's got the same voice as the Decadriver and Diendriver. Curious to see if that's just a very unsubtle nod to Decade or if there's an actual plot thread tying Legend to Decade that'll be brought up.

• Options
    https://youtu.be/quKBfkW1hj0
    There's a new teaser for Gotchard Vs Legend at the :42 mark and it does look like they got someone from Kamen Rider Decade to be part of the special though not who'd you think.
    So the Legend Driver's got the same voice as the Decadriver and Diendriver. Curious to see if that's just a very unsubtle nod to Decade or if there's an actual plot thread tying Legend to Decade that'll be brought up.

tf07hx33qus0.jpeg

I… need them.

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    OKAY SO LIKE

WHAT IF

THOUSER THE DOG PLUS CHEMIES REIWA MASCOTS SPECIAL

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    Looks like Gotchard's getting extra chunky form-wise.

Also, a first look into Legend's abilities.

So like Decade, Legend's Driver stays whenever he changes into another Rider. But some of his suit's decoration also sticks around.

• Options

Happy Halloween from Kohei Murakami (Faiz’s Kusaka. ZyuOhger’s Bud and DonBrother’s Sonoya)

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options

The Geats-Chemmy will have a celebrity voice in the form of a Hololive star, Shirakami Fubuki.

• Options

The Geats-Chemmy will have a celebrity voice in the form of a Hololive star, Shirakami Fubuki.

Huh; all those guesses on my feed turned out to be right.

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    It’s almost over for today but Re: Tokushoutsu’s schedule today:

7q4qv758hkde.jpeg

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    Watched Vs DonBuris while eating… a Donburi

god I missed these ludicrous doofuses so much. In all of Sentai, I cannot think of anything else really like DonBrothers.

One more go around left until probably a decade anniversary movie (presuming that Toei still does those in ten years), I assume, with next year’s Versus movie. Then I guess the festival truly will have floated on down river.

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    The first look at Gotchard's first upgrade form has been released.
    KVGweBb.jpg

This is created by combining a few Lv10 Chemmies together with a new part for the Gotchard Driver which can also be used as a weapon.

• Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Strong "designed by committee" vibes from this one. Might be an all-time low for rider suits.

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    I hope that's an ugly bad eyesore on purpose, fucking yikes

That has extreme 10 year old discovered you can pull your toys apart and swap their arms and legs pieces energy

• Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    Suit design has not been their strong point recently, has it?

(Geats should have been good, but then they ran around with the suits half done 90% of the time...)

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    Also I'm pretty sure those are the exact same gold cloths used in Geats for the fever suits.

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Suit design has not been their strong point recently, has it?

(Geats should have been good, but then they ran around with the suits half done 90% of the time...)

What is considered recently? I personally would disagree. I mean Gotchard's base form is really slick.

Geats overall was solid. The “half done” and mixmatching made sense at least and was more early on. The core Riders’ standard looks were good. Tycoon and Geats had clean final forms too. And the Glare/Gazer suit was beautiful.

Revice was mostly solid, mostly good looking upgrades and final forms. Evil/Live I didn't love, but nothing stood out as bad imo.

Saber was okay. Some of the upgrades were eh, but all the base forms for all the different Riders were pretty solid.

Zero-One has some of my favorite suits in all of Kamen Rider.

Obviously it's all opinion, and there were some duds here and there for sure, but overall I feel like design has been pretty good. Until that hideous thing above appeared. Probably the worst thing in the Reiwa era?

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    More pictures have shown up in relation to Gotchard's upcoming upgrade.
    QtbMr4Ph.jpg
    PYxo62dh.jpg

So it looks like there will be individual X-Chemmy forms that work with the new upgrade-part/weapon.

Also, a new Rider's been announced for the series.
    dffQBFXh.jpgjrbNpjzh.jpg

They go by Kamen Rider Dread.

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    New guy looks pretty good

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    i love...ufo-x

• Options
    From what it looks like in next week's Gotchard preview...
    ...Dread comes in first and steamrolls Gotchard hard enough that the X-Part (for a lack of knowing what the Driver-add-on is gonna be called) is the key to give Gotchard a fighting chance. Dread could also be what pushes Valvarad into upgrading into a proper Rider.

• Options
    edited November 2023
    So magazine scans are starting to appear for December's Gotchard episodes though they're not great so I'm just gonna go with a sum-up.
    So the Dread Driver isn't going to have just one user as it's meant to possess whomever the Dark Sisters slap it on. It'll also use 'Dark' versions of the Chemmy cards to function.

As for Super Gotchard, it looks like right now the T-ReX and UFO-X forms might be what we see when he uses the new Driver-piece/weapon, the X-Gotchalibur, as there's no sign of the five-Chemmy fusion showing up in the series according to the lack of it on that side of the scans. Rather, it looks like it may be Gotchard's unique film-form.

As for the film itself, a new trailer's up which reveals the antagonist.

https://youtu.be/ISwDvfOQkx8
    The villain of the film (so far) is X-Wizard, a Lv10 Chemmy who isn't at all friendly like the rest of it's kind.

Owenashi on
  • Options
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
  • Options
    I'd be so cool if that got made into an actual full length movie

I know people are more into Rider stuff here, but Ultraman Blazar is getting close to the end now and it's been really good. Blazar's got a wilder fighting style that makes the fights fun, the show has a more serious tone, and the main character, Gento is really interesting. He's older and has a family and that leads to some cool characterization I haven't seen in any other Ultraman series really

I think it's the best series in the Reiwa era as long as you're looking for serious. Zed is still the best, but it's pretty silly

• Options
    edited November 2023
    We’re a couple weeks behind watching week to week, but my partner and I are keeping up with it and it’s really good; definitely a change up in style after the last two we finished with Z and Trigger (haven’t watched Decker yet, maybe during the break between Blazar and 2024’s Ultra)

I really really enjoyed the way they expressed the difficulties in Gento and Blazar communicating around the middle of the show, and then Gento finally having his epiphany about why
    Blazar wouldn’t fight, or why he was yanking him out of a no-win situation

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    Decker is pretty good. I watched Dyna after and Decker definitely helped me to appreciate the source more (and likewise, Dyna made me appreciate Decker's reimagining more!). It makes me excited for when I eventually get to Gaia

The dynamic between Blazar and Gento is awesome. And some stuff later on adds nice details to Blazar
    (latest episode)
    Wormholes and other space events lending to the name Blazar

It's also nice to have an Ultraman that doesn't have a ton of forms. And, despite me saying I like the more serious tone, I also really enjoy the parts where Blazar turns his spear into stuff like fishing rods and gatcha claws

• Options
    The actor for the antagonist of the Geats/Gotchard movie was apparently revealed.
    A0JHgdth.jpg

Takahashi Rie will be the voice-actress of X-Wizard.

https://youtu.be/ju8hwMbVrD4

Also, first full trailer of the movie's out.

• Options
    So Kamen Rider Gotchard's official secondary Rider may have been in fact leaked visually thanks to a magazine cover showing off a sticker sheet that had them in the middle of various Gotchard-forms.
    p651xm4xj13c1.png

• Options

R.I.P.
    vdracntl0vp9.jpeg
    km8tbc7a258p.jpeg

Ryusoulger Twitter commemorating the third anniversary of series regular Mana Kinjou’s passing.

Gone far too soon.

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    zrpe74v5bcu5.jpeg

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    Thinkin’ about…

hglf9ry4uoa2.jpeg

Them

Best Kaiju?

Best Kaiju.

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    More upgrades coming up in Gotchard for two riders:
    xe2hcy5zfgny.jpeg
    p10cnlz8uir5.jpeg

Rainbow Gotchard and Gorgeous Legend; the attachment Chemy Friend for Rainbow, while in driver form, reminds me a lot of Boost Mk9’s whole style with the fanned out tails

Gorgeous Legend feels like they’ve learned very important lessons from the aesthetic problems with Decade’s ultimate form and thank god

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    Speaking of Gotchard, here's the series' full theme.

https://youtu.be/WzWsiCSCNMo

• Options
    Volume 1 of Gotchard's score is out and while I'm not particularly familiar with Hiroshi Takaki's works (out of his ANN listing, I think the only thing I've seen is a handful of Beet the Vandal Buster episodes?), this is a pretty damn good one, even without having seen Gotchard yet (my partner and I are working our way through Geats still as our current rider)

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    as someone who liked the anime filler of naruto maybe even more than manga canon episodes, I’m very very muchly enjoying gotchard

• Options
    Whippy wrote: »
    as someone who liked the anime filler of naruto maybe even more than manga canon episodes, I’m very very muchly enjoying gotchard

It's a fun series and it seems to have picked up the pace some...
    ...with the arrival of Dread. Even though Dread's giving me Veil/Demon Driver vibes.