Options

[Tokusatsu] RIP Carranger/DonBros actress Yuka Motohashi

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Kinda wild it’s taken this long to get W over here, hopefully it gets a bluray release

Then I just need OOO to get a US bluray release and I think I’ll be pretty content

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
    Update on Voicelugger

854zns0qq407.jpeg

He’s here!!

vdbna2h5kxo4.jpeg
    1foudsbac09b.jpeg
    kx85zpwu0t3m.jpeg

And we have gone very meta now.

bbk62wod6der.jpeg

Thank you, Fujioka, I will enjoy

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    Update to the update: A detective team made up of Metal Hero and Sentai leads:

c60tcist74me.jpeg
    rqnxn3dnkwu0.jpeg
    frjdu4v4aiwo.jpeg
    ple9s08zkoc8.jpeg

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    Me: man I’m still not sure how folks were saying this show would hurt you in ways you didn’t know you could be

Episode 8: Yo.

Me: oh god oh fuck

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    And like it isn’t even edgelord twisty

It frighteningly works

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited January 30
    And now Show Ayanocozey has shown up*

*okay actually it’s Shinichi Miki but still it’s uncanny

EDIT:

[finished 9]

WELP

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited January 30
    Holy shit Voicelugger

EDIT: I'll try to compose more thoughts later but very much a fusion of Ishinomori Hero Shows and Ishinomori Hero manga, which if you've ever seen the difference between those two interpretations... yeah.

The footage takes a step up towards the end and they start getting almost Jissoji-esque with their staging towards the end (it's not quite there, but you can definitely see the influence) and just... wow.

I'd just (finally) started and finished Samurai Flamenco recently, which also of course is very "we are homaging old hero shows" and honestly, I think Voicelugger sets out and reaches what Flamenco reached out to grasp with much more success

[I still have trouble articulating it but somethign about Flamenco kept striking me as hollow while I watched it; it found more solid footing at points but it never quite felt like it knew itself in the way Voicelugger so clearly does]

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
  • Options
    New product promotion gives us a new henshin item and form in Gotchard:
    Iron Gotchard and Tenliner Chemy, which attaches to the Gotchadriver

r6asymxcn644.jpeg
    ce900oxn6qyg.jpeg

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    supposably he’s got awesome huge arm piston things, like frenzy. or rumble. yknow, the blue one

• Options
    The Faiz 20th anniversary movie came out in theaters today so spoilers are starting to trickle in. If accurate:
    - The Masato Kusaka in the movie isn't the real deal but rather an android modeled after him. He sides with the good guys until his true nature is revealed which at that point he snaps and breaks the regular Kaixa Phone he'd been using, swapping to the Kaixa NEXT Gear.

- He's not the only fake as the Kitazaki in the movie also turns out to be an android. In the grand tradition of the series not being able to keep a Driver on it's associated user for long, he takes over the role of Kamen Rider Muez for the final fight.

- Mari partway in the film gets turned into the Wildcat Orphinoch though it's not clear yet if this is due to the standard way one becomes one or if it happened due to more artificial means.

- Mari helps Takumii in the final fight with the latter having to bust out the original Faiz Gear due to Muez's predictive AI system having a harder time apparently with a more retro system then a fellow NEXT Gear.

- The movie ends on a bit of sequel bait as while both androids are taken out in the final fight, Smart Brain makes more Kusakas, one of them taking over as president of the company.

• Options
    ijjw5wmy01n7.jpeg
    phaxiqfdxxwd.jpeg

Happy Goro Asuka’s murder day, everyone.

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    Owenashi wrote: »
    The Faiz 20th anniversary movie came out in theaters today so spoilers are starting to trickle in. If accurate:
    - The Masato Kusaka in the movie isn't the real deal but rather an android modeled after him. He sides with the good guys until his true nature is revealed which at that point he snaps and breaks the regular Kaixa Phone he'd been using, swapping to the Kaixa NEXT Gear.

- He's not the only fake as the Kitazaki in the movie also turns out to be an android. In the grand tradition of the series not being able to keep a Driver on it's associated user for long, he takes over the role of Kamen Rider Muez for the final fight.

- Mari partway in the film gets turned into the Wildcat Orphinoch though it's not clear yet if this is due to the standard way one becomes one or if it happened due to more artificial means.

- Mari helps Takumii in the final fight with the latter having to bust out the original Faiz Gear due to Muez's predictive AI system having a harder time apparently with a more retro system then a fellow NEXT Gear.

- The movie ends on a bit of sequel bait as while both androids are taken out in the final fight, Smart Brain makes more Kusakas, one of them taking over as president of the company.

Blessed Inoue

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    Toku Twitter folks just found an interesting listing at a Canadian BluRay vendor:

https://b2b.dealsareus.ca/kamen-rider-geats-the-complete-series-blu-ray

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited February 3
    speaking of canadian blurays I got notification my https://ravenbanner.store/products/shin-ultraman-blu-ray shin ultraman shipped. Fingers crossed but it seems to have been given much more love than the massive botch of the cleopatra u.s. release. I’ll report back as to its competency in 4-6 weeks

Whippy on
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    I enjoyed Geats but I’m not sure I’d ever want to watch it again

Weren’t they supposed to fix the US release of Shin Ultraman with like a third release? Did that ever happen?

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    i would love to get a physical geats release but i wish they'd wait a year so we can get the movies and ancillary stuff included

• Options
    edited February 4
    Lanz wrote: »

Blessed Inoue

Some clips have popped up over at the Kamen Rider Reddit which come off as cool or right dopey. An example of the latter being...
    Takumi and Mari making out. As Orphinochs.

Also...
    ...an Orphinoch saving themselves from Faiz NEXT's Axel Form with a bottle of vitamin-drink.

Owenashi on
  • Options

Blessed Inoue

Some clips have popped up over at the Kamen Rider Reddit which come off as cool or right dopey. An example of the latter being...

Also...
    ...an Orphinoch saving themselves from Faiz NEXT's Axel Form with a bottle of vitamin-drink.

Blessed Inoue

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options

Blessed Inoue

Also...

Blessed Inoue

it is hard to choose a favorite between him and the other obvious choice, yasuko kobayashi, but after donbros and this i've just gotta give it outright to the crazy old man

• Options
    robo-kusakas. as i live and breathe

• Options
    Whippy wrote: »

Blessed Inoue

Also...

Blessed Inoue

it is hard to choose a favorite between him and the other obvious choice, yasuko kobayashi, but after donbros and this i've just gotta give it outright to the crazy old man

6b6jdrc7abwg.jpeg

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    Whippy wrote: »

Blessed Inoue

Also...

Blessed Inoue

To be fair, he did have to make this movie real good after his first attempt at an epilogue via the Faiz novels.

• Options
    edited February 6
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    edited February 6
    It's some sort of app, and there's a countdown for two months, to when I presume it launches. Just looks like a Vtuber to me though.

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    edited February 6
    About twelve hours left before they sunset it, but Toei put last year’s Rider and Sentai Live Show up on YouTube for 24 hours:

https://youtu.be/7GU9S8itngw?feature=shared

EDIT: ah correction, it was 2023’s not this year’s, which is apparently tomorrow

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    It looks like one of the Riders from Kamen Rider Blade's getting some new bling.
    Ssqkmzs.jpg5i2zMvN.jpg

This was taken from a recent anniversary live-talk event.

• Options
    It looks like one of the Riders from Kamen Rider Blade's getting some new bling.
    Ssqkmzs.jpg5i2zMvN.jpg

This was taken from a recent anniversary live-talk event.

That makes all four finally having
    King Forms
    Now

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    New form coming in next week's episode of Kamen Rider Gotchard.
    T91IJQL.png

• Options
    edited February 11
    New form coming in next week's episode of Kamen Rider Gotchard.
    T91IJQL.png
    https://youtu.be/nXzb7532K8E?feature=shared

EDIT: amused at the forearm shields being both *claws* and *doggo beans*

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    Meanwhile I’ve been making up for somethign I probably should have done long ago and finally completing/properly starting my watch of Faiz; it was always my favorite series, since it was my first outside of Saban’s remake in the 90s, but when I got into it I got into it with whatever week it was, so somewhere around the time of the appearance of Delta and like the peak of Kitazaki’s stuff (which worked well I suppose once GARO started up, given Fujita’s secondary role in that), but then fell off because of school stuff (probably, memory is fuzzy) and how hard it was getting episodes back then*

*I am 90% sure I finally saw the finale mainly because a friend literally imported a Hong Kong bootleg set of it, and watched it at their place.

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
  • Options
    Wait wait is that the surprise they were supposed to announce tomorrow?? Or is that separate? I really want W

Also, I was just informed of this:
    zka5aet76ik0.jpeg
    https://shoutfactory.com/products/classic-tokusatsu-collection?variant=40477947166854

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    McHogerMcHoger Registered User regular
    edited February 13
    Phantom of Krankor!

McHoger on
  • Options
    edited February 13
    Wait wait is that the surprise they were supposed to announce tomorrow?? Or is that separate? I really want W

Also, I was just informed of this:
    zka5aet76ik0.jpeg
    https://shoutfactory.com/products/classic-tokusatsu-collection?variant=40477947166854

It’s definitely out of the blue, given that the promo’s for the marathon this week and the reveal tomorrow all were W coded.

Which like this is awesome but it would be darkly hilarious if W was still unlicensed given Fuuto PI

EDIT: I really wanna see Gold Bat from that above linked set. Possibly the first superhero*! He beats out Superman and Batman by several years (1931 to their 1938 and 1939), as a kamishibai story

*Depending how you count The Shadow, who has his debut on radio a year prior

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    Oh god I just noticed actually in the promo for TokuShoutsu Mystery Rider week, the chromatic aberration isn’t just green and purple.

it’s Red, Yellow, Green and Purple.

It was Ace, Neon, Keiwa and Michinaga colors all along.

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    Geats was fun but goddamn $100?? I can’t justify that, maybe it’ll go on sale for the holidays or something

And yeah W just seems so obvious… maybe it’s supposed to be a surprise double (get it?) announcement? Guess we’ll know soon!

I’m definitely curious about that movie set, but again steep price for a bunch of really old stuff which was probably pretty cool and innovative for the time, but are they still worth the watch now?

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    Geats was fun but goddamn $100?? I can’t justify that, maybe it’ll go on sale for the holidays or something

And yeah W just seems so obvious… maybe it’s supposed to be a surprise double (get it?) announcement? Guess we’ll know soon!

I’m definitely curious about that movie set, but again steep price for a bunch of really old stuff which was probably pretty cool and innovative for the time, but are they still worth the watch now?

Part of me wonders if it’s a placeholder price, because absolutely none of Shout’s BD releases have been that pricy for Rider.

Then again none of them had been the series that just wrapped up the year before so I could see Toei being paranoid about reverse imports given NA and Japan share a BD region code

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    Might explain this tweet
    z5kz42wkbhy1.png