As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Tower of Fantasy] Now going full cyberpunk! v1.5 update Sept 15

• Options
    bobAkirafettbobAkirafett Registered User regular
    Xantus wrote: »
    i only just noticed that you can change what goes in the "eating" hotkey... I was still just eating dandilion seeds at level 30 >.>
    soloing dungeons got a lot easier , i still haven't pulled a healing weapon.

HOW? I got the healing staff lady, but this would be great to know for satiety or what ever.

akirasig.jpg
  • Options
    eMoandereMoander Registered User regular
    Day 4 guide!

I really like these, mostly because half the things he talks about I had no idea were in the game at all.

Xbox: Travesty 0214 Switch: 3304-2356-9421 Honkai Star Rail: 600322115 Battlenet: Travesty #1822
  • Options
    Who-PsydWho-Psyd Registered User regular
    Game is janky as all heck, can be fun though.

Some stuff I have run into, random voice lines not having audio just placed right in the middle of a scene, a hilarious pronunciation of aberration. Not personally fell through the world yet but did have my controls stop responding in 2 different ways.
    If your hairstyle would clip an outfit the game will helpfully change your hair to not do that, permanently, I guess it warns you it is going to do that first but really what?

Also climbing stamina is completely pointless. Just drop off the wall, double jump and grab the wall again, infinite height for no cost.
    i only just noticed that you can change what goes in the "eating" hotkey... I was still just eating dandilion seeds at level 30 >.>
    soloing dungeons got a lot easier , i still haven't pulled a healing weapon.

HOW? I got the healing staff lady, but this would be great to know for satiety or what ever.

Little bubble right side of your Health bar on main screen, click it to choose from any meal you have prepared, has a cooldown.

• Options
    XantusXantus Registered User regular
    Spicy Saturday... looks like people are hacking/cheating already. there's crazy emote spam in worldchat, bogging down the server for exploits..

there's no way someone got to lv 170 naturally..

• Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Ribbitz, on Radiant. In the guild.

3 SSRs so far. Chakram, Ice Bow, and just got Meryl at 80.

40 pulls so far on the limited banner, nada.

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2022
    Hmmm, level 20 boss of infinite ranking tower thingy (bygone phantasia maybe?) I feel like is almost doable. Died to damage and ran out of time once each so far.

I feel like if I just, don't get hit by any of his attacks which cause 30 seconds of hilarious mid-air anime battle dash combos, this might solve both of the above issues.

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    ah yes, now the real memes are arriving

pwulxlvwr8ab.png

• Options
    QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    Played most of Sunday and seems free-to-play friendly. It's got some serious crust though. Cutscene audio levels all over the place, unvoiced lines in the middle of fully voiced scenes, NPC animation not working or being very behind the audio, etc. I never played more than a few hours of Genshin so don't have much to compare it to, but gameplay is fun enough.

• Options
    edited August 2022
    Managed to get #1 in my Bygone Phantasm bracket yesterday at floor 50 and I was feeling pretty good. Check in today and the leader in my new bracket is sitting at floor 120. My son also said the leader in his bracket last week was over 100. Yeah... I'm thinking I'm not going to be winning again anytime soon. Oh well, not a huge difference in rewards from winning vs getting top 10 or 20.

On another note, I was looking at the matrix shop, and it seems like when you buy using the tokens, you get the whole 4-piece set?! Maybe just a translation issue since it seems insanely generous, but now I've got something to work towards. The matrices are genshin-weapon-banner levels of whale trap though generally (4 separate pieces per set and you need 3(?) copies of each one to max stars; the overall set star level is the lowest of your individual pieces), so maybe it makes sense that they use the token system to smooth it out for f2p characters at least. I did manage to luck into a 2-piece samir set for my crow, so fingers crossed its not going to be as bad as I think. King is sitting in all blue pieces though. :(

I also managed to grind up the first rep trait for crow, which is a flat 6% damage buff and 4% incoming damage reduction when you are not in a party. However, then I looked at the Tsubasa trait which is a stacking buff up to 15% damage regardless of being in a party and that seems much better, so I guess I'm back to square one on the friendship grind. If I understand correctly, you don't need to have the weapon or skin equipped to use the trait, but you can only use one at a time.

Edit:
    Oh yeah, I'm also a little disappointed in the crew system. The reward tiers are a flat number of points per week, so the big guilds are easily maxing out rewards but us small guys didn't even hit the first tier rewards. Definitely seems to encourage just joining a mega-guild as opposed to playing in a small group of friends. Time for some customer feedback!

Edit2:
    The other thing I wanted to mention is that the friendship thing is creeping me out a little bit. Now that Crow is my friend, he is sending me whispers that show up in my friends tab. I keep seeing the little red notification like a player has messaged me, but nope just crow again. The wording is also pretty suggestive and I don't know if thats because I rolled a female character and he's hitting on me, or its just the normal dialog. I don't know, I'm probably over-reacting, lol.

eMoander on
    Xbox: Travesty 0214 Switch: 3304-2356-9421 Honkai Star Rail: 600322115 Battlenet: Travesty #1822
  • Options
    eMoander wrote: »
    I was looking at the matrix shop, and it seems like when you buy using the tokens, you get the whole 4-piece set?! Maybe just a translation issue since it seems insanely generous

yeah, no.. when you buy from the matrix shop it's only 1 piece per buy, they ain't givin it away so easy.. but at least matrix exp transfers 100% if you use an upgraded one as fodder.

• Options
    KyanilisKyanilis Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    I've been playing this a bunch and enjoying it quite a bit. Still don't love the timegating and there's a ton of jank all throughout, but it's still fun. I managed to pick up samir, nemesis, and king so I'm all set for the time being. I've got a few others as well, but hard to justify them with what I can do with those 3.

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    If you've got a stable set of weapons, would the recommendation be to save pulls for matrix banners? Just seems like you only need three weapons but need upwards of 12 matrices, and hitting even just a 2-set bonus seems a decent power jump.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    Aegis wrote: »
    If you've got a stable set of weapons, would the recommendation be to save pulls for matrix banners? Just seems like you only need three weapons but need upwards of 12 matrices, and hitting even just a 2-set bonus seems a decent power jump.

Dupes add a lot of power too so I don't think the answer is super clear cut.

• Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    I kind of was massively turned off by the single SSR I got from my opening set of rolls and never picked it back up after kind of being excited at the thought of Genshin but with a better coop experience. I did two reroll accounts and both also completely struck out on any extra SSRs outside the guaranteed one on pull 30 across like 150 pulls.

It may be petty but I don't like getting only the guaranteed reward on a new gacha. I was pretty excited for this initially too. :disappointed:

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    So the limited banner went and gave me a second Meryl. Maybe i can get a couple more 10-pulls on that. Also got the SSR choice and went with King. Now I finally have a second Fire weapon. Good bye, starter bow.

I’m trying King, Tsubasa, and Shiro for now.

Seems a bit odd that having a Fire weapon equipped is practically a necessity to deal with the collection puzzles.

• Options
    GarickGarick Registered User regular
    It feels like the pull system for the standard banner is reasonable, even if I have horrible luck and don't get any except the guaranteed, there are lots of chances given. The limited banner though? Doing it F2P seems like I'd never get anything without saving forever.

• Options
    GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    Hit my pity pull on the gold nucleus banner
    3c0kc6u72eoe.jpg

Well, ok then

3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • Options
    KamarKamar Registered User regular
    edited August 2022
    I have a 3-star Negating Cube (fire healing SSR). Not because I picked it as a freebie or bought a copy of it with tokens. The game just really wants to give me that damn cube.

I picked the ice claymore for my freebie and bought a dupe for extra shatter on its 1-star. Not sure if I'd want to pull or buy more though, its 2-3-4 star upgrades look kinda bad (just defenses and health). The 5-star 50% damage increase while the 4-star buff shield is active might be good, but that's a lot a dupes.

Kamar on
  • Options
    GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    Maybe a stupid question, but are weapon traits active for every weapon that's equipped? Or just for the one that's wielded?

3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • Options
    Who-PsydWho-Psyd Registered User regular
    Maybe a stupid question, but are weapon traits active for every weapon that's equipped? Or just for the one that's wielded?

It is actually somewhat complicated.

Advancement stuff only works for that weapon, I cannot for example have Meryl 1 Star and Heal by Shield breaking with someone else. All those things do not apply a Buff icon either. except Nemesis has a skill called Volt Resonance that apparently does both?

Matrices apply only to the applied weapon and have a Buff Icon that will change when switching weapons. Tsubasa has a Simulacra skill that has a 2 Buff Icons [one for the skill and another for the stacking buff it creates] and basically stays around as along as you activate it. Does not even care if you are using her Weapon or Skin.

I think the rule is a Weapon only applies to when it is in active use unless it has a Buff where it applies when the buff is around.

But "gestures at everything"

• Options
    Saldonas wrote: »
    I kind of was massively turned off by the single SSR I got from my opening set of rolls and never picked it back up after kind of being excited at the thought of Genshin but with a better coop experience. I did two reroll accounts and both also completely struck out on any extra SSRs outside the guaranteed one on pull 30 across like 150 pulls.

It may be petty but I don't like getting only the guaranteed reward on a new gacha. I was pretty excited for this initially too. :disappointed:

@Saldonas They have a SSR selector you get after a few days of play; you can literally pick any SSR you want off the standard banner and then once you have the first one you can buy additional copies in the shop to get the constellations. It's actually extremely player friendly (for a gacha of course)!

• Options
    Garick wrote: »
    It feels like the pull system for the standard banner is reasonable, even if I have horrible luck and don't get any except the guaranteed, there are lots of chances given. The limited banner though? Doing it F2P seems like I'd never get anything without saving forever.

The limited banner is still better than Genshin. You are guaranteed the limited character by 120 pulls (you just buy it out of the shop at that point).

• Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    edited August 2022
    No idea what I'm doing.

<Region> NA <Server name> Ozera <Character name> Shaenera

Is there a guild thing going on?

I am clicking buttons, things are happening, I appear to have a hare... uh group of young women in my employ who favour a ... certain style of dress and murder with an assortment of weapons. Am I doing this right?
    cakb13g7bq79.jpg

Nosf on
  • Options
    We do have a guild but everything is segregated by server. And to be clear you don’t employ the women, you just wear their skins occasionally.

• Options
    Oh, well that's so much better.
    g1hnzhtj99vr.png

• Options
    edited August 2022
    Nosf wrote: »
    No idea what I'm doing.
    Am I doing this right?

well you got samir, so you're already on easy street. she dishes out the deeps

Xantus on
  • Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    Im playing on Freedom-Oasis as Corrigan. Currently max level and level 70 weapons. I have all the SRs and their 6 starred weapons, only 4 SSRs but Shiro, King, and Cocoritter are all 1 star. Just leaves Tsubasu as my non-starred character.

Im finding myself REALLY enjoying it. I dont know what it is different from Genshin, but my enjoyment is more like an 8 instead of a 5 in comparison. I think its the combat maybe, or just the more.. idunno inhabited? world.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    Yeah, using the guns now and they seem rather keen.

• Options
    I think my issue with Genshin is that I let the World Level grow a little past my characters.

That’s not really a problem here.

• Options
    In other news, Crow does some dps

qhnqlcxxjuex.jpeg

• Options
    EriktheVikingGamerEriktheVikingGamer Registered User regular
    CorriganX wrote: »
    Im playing on Freedom-Oasis as Corrigan. Currently max level and level 70 weapons. I have all the SRs and their 6 starred weapons, only 4 SSRs but Shiro, King, and Cocoritter are all 1 star. Just leaves Tsubasu as my non-starred character.

Im finding myself REALLY enjoying it. I dont know what it is different from Genshin, but my enjoyment is more like an 8 instead of a 5 in comparison. I think its the combat maybe, or just the more.. idunno inhabited? world.

I think my thing with this game is that I can feel myself making substantive progress more than I could with Genshin.

Steam - DailyFatigueBar
    FFXIV - Milliardo Beoulve/Sargatanas
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    For some reason, it looks like they just gave everyone 10 free red summons, so make sure you check your rewards. It looked like just a time-gated thing for playing? I'm very confused, but not going to complain.

In other news, I saw a bunch of people complaining in chat that Nemesis is OP for PVP, so I figured I'd dip a toe in the water and see what it was about since I have Nemesis in my primary team. Now, I'm pretty sure the first 1-2 matches are against bots to ease you in, but after going 10 wins straight I felt pretty guilty and gave up for now. Presumably I was also in the lowest ranks and was facing noobs, but I am definitely not good enough to justify a 100% win rate. I don't really care about PVP normally, so I'm not overly concerned (and presumably when they drop a few more limited characters the meta will balance a bit), but I'd definitely caution anyone thinking about pvp right now if they don't have a nemesis.

Edit:
    One thing I have been doing is grinding for rare mount parts. I think I do have a problem, because it turns out grinding for rare drops is a thing I really missed in Genshin (yes, that does sound pretty sick when I type it out). The good news is that grinding mobs is actually a decent leveling strategy vs Genshin though. I've completely skipped the main story for the last two days and still hit xp cap from bounties and grinding easily. Plus the guy I'm grinding also drops a lot of vehicle maintenance parts, so I'm getting double duty that way too.

eMoander on
  • Options
    The good news is I pulled an SSR with the black orbs—Samir!

The bad news is I hit pity on the Red banner and lost the 50-50. But it’s not horrible since I wound up with Crow.

I think the game is pushing me to DPS.

• Options
    not sure if this started today.. but i noticed when i got xp it now said "this server is at 200-500% EXP boost"

guess most servers are dead already, lol
    562m0erpi3um.png

• Options
    Enh, it only let's me gain a couple levels before locking progress so a bonus fails to excite.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    And so the MMO cycle continues.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    Nosf wrote: »
    Enh, it only let's me gain a couple levels before locking progress so a bonus fails to excite.

memeing intensifies

• Options
    not sure if this started today.. but i noticed when i got xp it now said "this server is at 200-500% EXP boost"

guess most servers are dead already, lol
    562m0erpi3um.png

They've been steadily increasing the caps, I don't think any of those servers are "dead" by any means. Plus time of day etc. Just means those servers are stupid full.

What level are you though? It might be a catch up mechanic if you're under a certain level?

• Options
    edited August 2022
    Yeah I don't see any evidence of dead servers. I flipped through earlier today and asia and europe were all yellows with a couple reds, and when I logged in just now most of North America was yellow. North America also has like 3x the original number of launch servers open. When I'm logged in during the morning to burn some vitality (server was green), I was getting instant group fills for any 2* or above mission and the 1* also filled just took a little longer.

In other news, Wormhole is pretty fun and the rewards are really good! I have no idea who comes up with the names for these activities, but it's basically a pseudo-roguelike mode where you collect buffs as you clear floors and the buffs and your current hp carry through the levels. Healing is massively nerfed, so you've got to play well and manage your buffs. There's a boss at floor 4 and floor 8 and when you clear floor 8 you can start over at a higher difficulty. Most importantly, every 8 floor clear gives you a free reward pack that includes two gold summons straight up and also gives you the option to spend 450 dark crystals on two gold matrix pulls plus a ton of materials including 2 advancement crystals for leveling your gear slots. You can do three clears per reset (so 6 free gold summons) and it also resets every 5 days and you can get the rewards again! Only issue is that because of the timing of the server level unlocks it does its first reset in like 30 hours, so make sure you get in there and clear it out asap. Took me a couple hours to run through it all, but its a pretty decent challenge.

Edit:
    I'll also note that one thing I really like here is that the vitality is really only used for a tiny fraction of the game. That wormhole gives you 6 summons every five days without even having to spend vitality feels nuts! Compared to Genshin's weekly bosses that you can only run once per week AND cost goddamn resin, ToF is only one or the other. And the 'weekly' stuff mostly seems to accrue charges so you can save them all up and run back to back if you want, which is very convenient. Definitely feeling an abundance of things to do; if anything its stressing me out trying to make sure I get everything done I want to every day while still leaving myself some time for farming (yes, I know I have a problem), and we haven't even unlocked the player housing yet!

eMoander on
  • Options
    KamarKamar Registered User regular
    What the hell with these SSR pulls.

b9fgati9y09h.png

That's without buying one or choosing one.