Options

[ALMIGHTY: Kill Your Gods] hey god *bang* oh my divinities

Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-FedRegistered User regular
edited August 2022 in Social Entropy++
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIl76f1ppAQ

What's Almighty?
Almighty is a super odd game about being a super odd evolved wolf thing unfortunately called an Alpha that raids nearby islands with other Alphas to rescue Kin and loot stuff to bring back to your island to repair and upgrade it. As you get loot, you need to bring it to one of two or three teleport stations, turn them on, defend them from nasty monsters while it powers up, then huck all your shit in the green light so it goes back home. The more you do on an island in each raid the more the gods get angry, increasing the Anger Level, which spawns more monsters, newer monsters and, eventually, the Gods themselves. Their are (currently) no microtransactions which is a big plus.

What's wrong with it?
One word: EURO JANK. The movement and combat feels very floaty and lacking any oomph. Equipment wise you have two gauntlets, one amulet and one powerstone all the have multiple different abilities that you build into it yourself in a pretty complex crafting system.

What's that about your island?
You have an absolutely HUGE home island that you are bringing stuff back to repair and upgrade all the destroyed buildings (farms, wells, stores, guard towers, maybe others?) so that you can save your race. I guess you were wiped out by some big tentacled sky terror. You have a massive tower in the center that is your defacto goal. You want lots of floors on this tower and you want to upgrade them too as that gives you more Health and Stamina. As you raid Islands you can turn on Hunt mode that makes everything grey except important items like monsters, buried treasure, game, terrified Kin and treasure chests. Keep an eye out for Giant Monsters, mountain-big insect things that you need to team up with other players to take down so you can carve out their organs to take back home.

If it's that bad why are you posting about it?
It's early access, rarely updated and I'm literally the only one ever playing it on Steam. But for some reason I really dig it and what's on tap is pretty dang solid! There's LOTS of customization options and I haven't even got to the next tier of equipment yet (there's 6). So hopefully this will inspire someone to want to try it out. It goes on sale a lot! I'll even gift copies to people!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHv_9kqD9j4

11nndo0yt3rp.jpg
rb04av53lxp3.jpg
rb2iomiguc3v.jpg

Magic Pink on

• Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    "EURO JANK" is two words, Pink. Not one. I know you know this, but I want you to know that I know you know this. You know?

So wait. You play an alpha (and there are multiple alphas? That isn't how the alphabet works) in a race war against people who don't share your religion? And they have space laserstentacled sky terrors?

Seems like you're hiding some opinions on Israel, Pink.

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    "EURO JANK" is two words, Pink. Not one. I know you know this, but I want you to know that I know you know this. You know?

So wait. You play an alpha (and there are multiple alphas? That isn't how the alphabet works) in a race war against people who don't share your religion? And they have space laserstentacled sky terrors?

the alphas are uplifted Kin. there's very few of them in comparison to the Kin who are everywhere. alpha means something else in their language maybe? fuck i dunno

they don't have a religion, they're fighting monsters WITH a religion that want them to take on that religion so they can sacrifice all of them which seems like a middling deal at best.

• Options
    Magic Pink wrote: »

the alphas are uplifted Kin. there's very few of them in comparison to the Kin who are everywhere. alpha means something else in their language maybe? fuck i dunno

they don't have a religion, they're fighting monsters WITH a religion that want them to take on that religion so they can sacrifice all of them which seems like a middling deal at best.

Okay. You're good for now. But I'm watching you. Yes right now. Put on some pants.

• Options

Okay. You're good for now. But I'm watching you. Yes right now. Put on some pants.

never

• Options

never

Fair fight.

• Options
    cmon folks free game i'll buy it (once it goes on sale or whatever)

it's on multiple platforms!

• Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    @Glal

This seems like something you might like

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    I am intrigued enough to add it to my wishlist. The giant scorpion looking thing screenshot seems up my alley