As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I need to find a record of my credit

Sci-Fi WasabiSci-Fi Wasabi Registered User regular
edited June 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
Ok, I tried getting a Credit Card through my bank, and was met with a decline letter that states that I have exceeded "delinquencies" involving my credit score. I find this to be mainly bullshit, since I have never tarnished my credit in any way to the best of my knowledge. I'm 21 years old, have an apartment with no late payments, and have confirmed with my insurance company and the credit union I go through to finance my car that no late or missed payments have ever been on record.

I need a reliable way of finding out what my credit history consists of. Please only site examples you yourself have personally worked with. I'm not really comfortable throwing my information out to a website nobody here has used.

Thanks in advance.

sci+fi+wasabi.png
Sci-Fi Wasabi on

• Options
    SesphohemeSesphoheme Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Siiings:

FreeeeeeeeCreditRepooooortDOTcom.

Sesphoheme on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    RaggaholicRaggaholic Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Annual Credit Report.

You're allowed to get one credit report free from each agency (Esperian, Trans Union, Equifax) every year. If you see something that's on there that you weren't involved with, you can dispute the charge. The creditor has 30 days from the point of dispute to confirm the charge. If they don't, the credit agency will drop that particular incident.

Also, you should be able to request a credit report free upon denial of a credit card. When you got a denial letter, this information should have been with it.

Raggaholic on
  • Options
    RaggaholicRaggaholic Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Sesphoheme wrote: »
    Siiings:

Yeah...

DON'T use them.

Raggaholic on
  • Options
    SesphohemeSesphoheme Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Raggaholic wrote: »
    Siiings:

Yeah...

DON'T use them.

Oh god. Why not?

I do.

Sesphoheme on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Raggaholic wrote: »
    Siiings:

Yeah...

DON'T use them.

Oh god. Why not?

I do.

Because it's not the offical one but tries to make people think they are. There is no need to "monitor your credit report on a daily basis" unless you know your IDeEN has been stolen/compremised.

Even then, it won't matter; if something gets on your report, it's on there. You can contest etc., but not a Amazon-brand One-Click Process. You can get it cleaned up, but won't be quick.

Average person should check twice a year, maybe three using the www.annualcreditreport.com site; one agency every four months. Maybe buy your score once a year? Or a month before you're planning on buying anything car-sized or larger.

MichaelLC on