Options

Final Fantasy XIV: Endwalker: See you summer(?) 2024

• Options
    VicVic Registered User regular
    I've returned to the game after my exhaustion with the end of Stormblood made me take a break. I'm not super invested in Shadowbringer yet, but it's a very welcome change of pace to not have to deal with the Empire and Ascians for a while.

My highest level character is a Gunbreaker, but I've previously dabbled with Dark Knight because of how cool their abilities are visually. Now that the theme of Shadowbringers has become clear I've put the MC on hold so I can level up and do it as a Dark Knight, because it just seems to fit so perfectly. I don't expect it to make much of a difference, but I am interested in if the class quests for the expansion will touch on the MC at all.

• Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    Vic wrote: »
    I've returned to the game after my exhaustion with the end of Stormblood made me take a break. I'm not super invested in Shadowbringer yet, but it's a very welcome change of pace to not have to deal with the Empire and Ascians for a while.

My highest level character is a Gunbreaker, but I've previously dabbled with Dark Knight because of how cool their abilities are visually. Now that the theme of Shadowbringers has become clear I've put the MC on hold so I can level up and do it as a Dark Knight, because it just seems to fit so perfectly. I don't expect it to make much of a difference, but I am interested in if the class quests for the expansion will touch on the MC at all.

For Shadowbringers the job quests are replaced with role quests, so all the tanks have access to a quest series that introduces NPCs unique to their story and relevant to the world they're in. These stories contain some of the best writing in the game and are a joy to play through. They are the main reason why I leveled a bunch of extra jobs: every role has another story to play through and there's additional stories to play through after you've done all the different ones.

The main NPC for the tank role quest lugs around a zweihander, so it is visually pleasing to play through that series with a DRK.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    There is one post-first credits bonus quest for each (pre-endwalker) job at their trainers in eorzea also, on top of the role quests. Sadly they didn't do that for endwalker.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    There is one post-first credits bonus quest for each (pre-endwalker) job at their trainers in eorzea also, on top of the role quests. Sadly they didn't do that for endwalker.

Some of those quests wrapped up loose ends for the job stories. Not that I would mind checking in on some of these NPCs again.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »

Some of those quests wrapped up loose ends for the job stories. Not that I would mind checking in on some of these NPCs again.

Yeah, weirdly the Level 80 job missions don't show up below the MSQ tracker, so you have to remember to check out the NPC once the class is 80 and you've beaten Shadowbringers.

• Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular

I think they should have done it for some jobs (DNC & AST in particular), but most jobs didn't need one.

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    Zython wrote: »

I think they should have done it for some jobs (DNC & AST in particular), but most jobs didn't need one.

SCH got a wonderful "the end" in the Shadowbringers quest, as an example.

Though I do wish we could see more of the effects of the job stories on the world? Some of them have significant implications.

SCH spoilers:
    Successfully curing the Tonberry curse means the potential revival of the ancient city of Nym.

Or more realistically, the addition of the Nymeans to Limsa Lominsa, given the state of their city - they're going to need help rebuilding.

Polaritie on
  • Options
    MuzzmuzzMuzzmuzz Registered User regular
    edited March 2023
    So, one of my alts is part of a dead free company, where almost everyone of the members (save for one who was last online 35 days ago) have been absent for 500+ days. So by just logging in, I have been made leader, which includes a swanky free company house in Shirogane.

The thing is, I almost never play on this character... and now that my main has a home of her own, and a free company house as well, I'm getting tired of logging in once a month to stop the auto demolition process. I also have very few friends in game, preferring to play solo most of the time.

So, if there's anyone on Zalera who would like a house, and is not part of a free company, I can transfer it to you, promote you to leader, and you get a nice house with no strings attached. You don't even have to worry about me walking in, since I almost never play on this particular character.

DM me if you're interested.

Muzzmuzz on
  • Options
    NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular
    Muzzmuzz wrote: »
    So, one of my alts is part of a dead free company, where almost everyone of the members (save for one who was last online 35 days ago) have been absent for 500+ days. So by just logging in, I have been made leader, which includes a swanky free company house in Shirogane.

The thing is, I almost never play on this character... and now that my main has a home of her own, and a free company house as well, I'm getting tired of logging in once a month to stop the auto demolition process. I also have very few friends in game, preferring to play solo most of the time.

So, if there's anyone on Zalera who would like a house, and is not part of a free company, I can transfer it to you, promote you to leader, and you get a nice house with no strings attached. You don't even have to worry about me walking in, since I almost never play on this particular character.

DM me if you're interested.

Didn't they change the free company house rules recently so you needed to be a member of the FC for a month or something?

OK, yeah, it was a 6.1 thing
    Players must now remain in a free company for a minimum of 30 days before the rank of free company master can be transferred to them.

• Options
    MuzzmuzzMuzzmuzz Registered User regular
    Ah, hmmm… that makes it more complicated. The offer still stands but you’ll have to be more patient before you can get the house. Trust me, the sooner I get rid of the house, the better.

• Options
    Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    I don't but let me contact some people to see if anyone's interested.

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Here's a fun thing: https://eorguessr.netlify.app/
    created by a user on Reddit, Eorguessr is Geoguessr but for Eorzea. Currently it only has ARR maps but they plan on expanding it to Heavensward and the other expansions over the coming month. I got 300 on my first playthrough, got two wrong maps but absolutely nailed the Ixal tribe quest area and the refugee camp outside of Ul'dah

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited March 2023
    397 on my first. Failed one location, got the wrong deck on Limsa.

On my second try, when I realized you can turn the camera, I got 498.

reVerse on
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    created by a user on Reddit, Eorguessr is Geoguessr but for Eorzea. Currently it only has ARR maps but they plan on expanding it to Heavensward and the other expansions over the coming month. I got 300 on my first playthrough, got two wrong maps but absolutely nailed the Ixal tribe quest area and the refugee camp outside of Ul'dah

*edit* nevermind got it to work. 470 points on my first run.

Lucid_Seraph on
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular

doesn't seem to work on Firefox? can't figure out which of my adblockers is stopping it.

Are you hitting the ARR button or the Play button at the bottom? Because I spent a while hitting the wrong button and wondering why it doesn't work.

• Options
    499/500 only because I didn't notice the scenes were 360 degree panoramic photos you could rotate around ala goolge street view

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    My next run was...30 points. I got all 5 zones wrong.

• Options
    reVerse wrote: »

doesn't seem to work on Firefox? can't figure out which of my adblockers is stopping it.

Are you hitting the ARR button or the Play button at the bottom? Because I spent a while hitting the wrong button and wondering why it doesn't work.

yeah I was hitting the ARR button like a dummy

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/freelogincampaign/

Starting today until May 8 there's another free login campaign going - returning players can play for up to 4 days free.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    They also started the Easter-but-not event

• Options
    DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular

Oh shit we’re gonna have to update the free trial meme!

• Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Didgeridoo wrote: »

Oh shit we’re gonna have to update the free trial meme!

Yep - sounds like SB is getting added to the base game. Which honestly isn't bad.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    They do specify limited time there, if they were adding SB to the free trial wouldn't they just do that?

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Yeah, doesnt seem to be adding it to the trial, just people who have subbed but havent grabbed the expansions can add stormblood for free.

Probably will be getting added to the base game here soon, but

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    I'm thinking they're testing the waters and eventually, maybe with 7.0 release, they add it as part of the base game package

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Starter Edition is not the free trial.

• Options
    Ah, right you are, this is just for lapsed subs who haven't bought stormblood and don't qualify for the free trial.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    there can't possibly be that many folks still within those specific parameters, right?

• Options
    Ok I’m gonna need everyone to ignore the specific conditions of this offer so my throwaway joke works, plz and thank you

• Options
    I am hearing they did something similar to this right before adding HW to the free trial in ShB so you might be right in the end didge

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    didge playing the long (award-winning-) game (-up to level 60 with no restrictions on playtime.)

• Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »
    Starter Edition is not the free trial.

spending money on things is the new getting things for free

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    In other news I’ve joined a new static which is forming for 6.4, and we’re meeting for treasure maps tonight so we can get to know each other. It’s like the first day at a new school, will the other kids like me?!

• Options
    Red RaevynRed Raevyn because I only take Bubble Baths Registered User regular
    Hey I bought the starter edition a month ago to be able to play with other friends on the free trial, and my included 30 days just ran out last week. This is a perfectly timed gift of 4 days AND I get a free expansion.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I think the free days can only be claimed if you haven't logged in for a certain minimum time

• Options
    Red RaevynRed Raevyn because I only take Bubble Baths Registered User regular
    Oh you're right, gotta have been gone for a month. Well, I'll take the free expansion anyway.

• Options
    SegSeg Registered User regular
    Inactive for 30 days, but the campaign runs for over a month so I think Red Raevyn could qualify for it if they wait a few weeks before they try to log in.

• Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpRY0DSzDmw

This series is really interesting, and also has solidified that I have no desire to learn the housing system in FFXIV. Either paying somebody some gil, or doing game crimes with mods, ha

• Options
    oh so THAT'S how you float things, damn that's even more annoying than I assumed

BahamutZERO.gif
This discussion has been closed.