As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

What? No more chat?

• Options
    David ByrneDavid Byrne Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2004
    Fenlore wrote:
    wrote:
    -[arlequin]
    Fenlore wrote:
    wrote:
    -[arlequin]i actually had to look up irish curse on urbandictionary -never heard that one before...

anyhoo to respond, I've never had any problems, but if you like we can see if you can fit it all in your mouth

no that's fine, usually it's no problem making fun of irishmen, but I guess in your case things might be different... but I think you're just lying, oh well.

i think most guys from any walk of life would take issue with a stranger mocking their penis size

true, but Irish Curse is a kind of joke, didn't you ever watch Good Will Hunting?? granted not alot of people use the phrase, but it's a bit more polite than just outright saying someone has a small cock, you just say they suffer fromt he irish curse.

And then there's the Hungarian hubris. I do not want to talk about that.

David Byrne on
    talkingheads.jpg
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    edited December 2004
    Uriel wrote:
    SyphonBlue wrote:
    Uriel wrote:
    Don't you everyone!?

DON'T YOU ALL LOVES ME!?

I say this because I love. Because.

You have an unhealthy infatuation with Uriel.

What now?

I confused your name with Raziel's...but I fixed it.

Shhhh....You didn't see anything.

SyphonBlue on
    LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    LincolnLincoln Registered User regular
    edited December 2004
    w00t!

I gots me a new santa-hat!

Lincoln on
  • Options
    ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited December 2004
    Lincoln wrote:
    Also, I think it would be cool to be trapped in a hole with all of the other forum members.
    That would definitely be interesting...

ceres on
    And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
  • Options
    AlphariusAlpharius Registered User regular
    edited December 2004
    Fenlore wrote:
    wrote:
    -[arlequin]
    Fenlore wrote:
    wrote:
    -[arlequin]i actually had to look up irish curse on urbandictionary -never heard that one before...

anyhoo to respond, I've never had any problems, but if you like we can see if you can fit it all in your mouth

no that's fine, usually it's no problem making fun of irishmen, but I guess in your case things might be different... but I think you're just lying, oh well.

i think most guys from any walk of life would take issue with a stranger mocking their penis size

true, but Irish Curse is a kind of joke, didn't you ever watch Good Will Hunting?? granted not alot of people use the phrase, but it's a bit more polite than just outright saying someone has a small
    cock, you just say they suffer fromt he irish curse.
    so you were trying to say i have a small penis, but in a nice way?

Alpharius on
    Check out my 40k blog: WarHamSandwich
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited December 2004
    Legacy wrote:
    zerozeroxmas.jpg
    I think he want's it to go with the animation.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited December 2004
    mother fuckers.

its 1:40am. i'm trying to read through this thing. but i'm too tired.

good luck all.

:winky: @ ceres.

and luckily there was my work's holiday party, so i get to goto work at 1100 tomoro... er today.

*puts a speaker magnet on alphabot's head* data collect that, be-yatch.

g'night.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    FenloreFenlore Registered User regular
    edited December 2004
    Fenlore wrote:
    wrote:
    -[arlequin]
    Fenlore wrote:
    wrote:

true, but Irish Curse is a kind of joke, didn't you ever watch Good Will Hunting?? granted not alot of people use the phrase, but it's a bit more polite than just outright saying someone has a small cock, you just say they suffer fromt he irish curse.

And then there's the Hungarian hubris. I do not want to talk about that.
    There are somethings of hungarians I envy, like their beard growing abilities.

Fenlore on
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited December 2004
  • Options
    edited December 2004
    ceres wrote:
    Lincoln wrote:
    Also, I think it would be cool to be trapped in a hole with all of the other forum members.
    Babies, making babies.

Lincoln on
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited December 2004
    Legacy wrote:
    zerozeroxmas.jpg

I'm working on it right now! Mine will be at least 50 times better. :P

Unknown User on
  • Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2004
    Legacy wrote:
    zerozeroxmas.jpg

Well, I'm sure.

But at 5am, I really didn't want to. :P Just wanted to get them done for the 'bot.

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • Options
    FenloreFenlore Registered User regular
    edited December 2004
    wrote:
    -[arlequin]
    Fenlore wrote:
    wrote:
    -[arlequin]
    Fenlore wrote:
    wrote:

true, but Irish Curse is a kind of joke, didn't you ever watch Good Will Hunting?? granted not alot of people use the phrase, but it's a bit more polite than just outright saying someone has a small
    cock, you just say they suffer fromt he irish curse.
    so you were trying to say i have a small penis, but in a nice way?
    more like nicely joking, just for no real reason

Fenlore on
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited December 2004
    Lincoln wrote:
    ceres wrote:
    Lincoln wrote:
    Babies, making babies.
    Then, came a man. A man with a plastic box.

I MEAN LAPTOP COMPUTER!

Henroid on
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    edited December 2004
    Henroid wrote:

No. I am outraged and deeply offended. You have insulted my people and I challenge you to a duel.

SyphonBlue on
    LxX6eco.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2004
    SyphonBlue wrote:
    Henroid wrote:

No. I am outraged and deeply offended. You have insulted my people and I challenge you to a duel.
    Well I have a royal flush so you lose automatically.
    royal-flush.gif

Henroid on
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited December 2004
    SyphonBlue wrote:
    Uriel wrote:
    SyphonBlue wrote:
    Uriel wrote:
    Don't you everyone!?

DON'T YOU ALL LOVES ME!?

I say this because I love. Because.

You have an unhealthy infatuation with Uriel.

What now?

I confused your name with Raziel's...but I fixed it.

Shhhh....You didn't see anything.

Every time I change it someone asks me to change it back...

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited December 2004
    Henroid wrote:
    Lincoln wrote:
    ceres wrote:
    Lincoln wrote:
    Babies, making babies.
    Then, came a man. A man with a plastic box.

I MEAN LAPTOP COMPUTER!
    Diinnngggg, doonnnggg.

Lincoln on
  • Options
    edited December 2004
    Henroid wrote:
    SyphonBlue wrote:
    Henroid wrote:

royal-flush.gif

What? We're not playing poker. I said a duel. That's when I put on a glove and slap you like a little girl, but then redeem my manhood by trying to shoot you.

SyphonBlue on
    LxX6eco.jpg
  • Options
    DemosthornDemosthorn Registered User regular
    edited December 2004
    Demosthorn on
  • Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2004
    Henroid wrote:
    SyphonBlue wrote:
    Henroid wrote:

royal-flush.gif

Bullshit.

YU_JMP002.JPG

I win. Or something.

Legacy on
  • Options
    edited December 2004
    Demosthorn wrote:

My favorite part was "8 presents is better than 3 from Santa" and in the background is a kid saying "STFU At least I'm not Jewish." I LoLed.

SyphonBlue on
    LxX6eco.jpg
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited December 2004
    Legacy wrote:
    Legacy wrote:
    zerozeroxmas.jpg

Well, I'm sure.

But at 5am, I really didn't want to. :P Just wanted to get them done for the 'bot.
    I feel like I"ve been awake for 48 hours. I didn't realise until after posting that he probably didn't see it from earlier.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    BergyBergy Registered User regular
    edited December 2004
    what the hell is all this

jaymonkey.gif

what

Bergy on
    ChicagoBulls01.jpg
    I've been trying to reach you, but your extension cord doesn't reach that far.
  • Options
    edited December 2004
    And bringing a little joy to this thread is my good deed of the day. Now to slaughter the first born of everyone in the city.

Henroid on
  • Options
    edited December 2004
    Bergy wrote:

jaymonkey.gif

what
    I sorry, but that makes it look like Jay is fucking a monkey.

Monkey fucker.

Lincoln on
  • Options
    edited December 2004
    Bergy wrote:

jaymonkey.gif

what

bergyxmas.jpg

Legacy on
  • Options
    edited December 2004
    Henroid wrote:
    And bringing a little joy to this thread is my good deed of the day. Now to slaughter the first born of everyone in the city.

....Are...are you the tenth plague personified?

Shit.

*runs and hides*

SyphonBlue on
    LxX6eco.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2004
    i already have a avatar of a santa claus beating up a man in a chicken costume

but thank you legacy

Bergy on
    ChicagoBulls01.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2004
    blincoln is hoggin' my turf, yo.

Lincoln on
  • Options
    MartezMartez Registered User regular
    edited December 2004
    Well, I'm back from work tired, cold, and agitated. So glad to see how all this has worked out. I'm of a new opinion now: It's called "Fuckitall."

First of all, if we're going to get down to the details, the robots poem said "A list of the sheriffs, both current and past." We did it. And pretty quickly. Then all of a sudden it has to be arranged? That wasn't in the poem. Then all of a sudden it also includes deputies. Oh wait, no it doesn't because the robot didn't say so in the poem. He didn't say we needed it to be organized either. We did everything. Not only did we do everything, we did it FIVE times faster than you apparently expected us to.

So this was a ruse to get us to meet new people. We tried that; we went over to the Off Topic forum, and I tried to get us all to work together to finish the list. Not surprisingly, it didn't work. Shock and awed is I. Oh, we didn't just PM the mods, the people that bestowed these riddles on us and ask for the answers; holy shit, how stupid must we be to not expect to have the answers handed to us if we asked those who gave it to us. Christ.

I understand the motivation was good and all, but it was poorly thought out and completely backfired. Not only did it backfire, but there was gunpowder laying everywhere so everyone else got caught in the blast. I was actually having fun with this until everything turned lame in the last mission. If the whole point was to get us to coexist and get to know the other side of the board, it shouldn't be split in fucking half in the first place. As far as I'm concerned, THAT'S the big mistake here.

So fuckitall. I don't want a fucking Chat Thread if this is what it entails as well as being the result. What a grand conundrum. Is this place always like this?

Martez on
    njbanner4qa.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2004
    Lincoln wrote:
    Bergy wrote:

jaymonkey.gif

what
    I sorry, but that makes it look like Jay is fucking a monkey.

Monkey fucker.

maybe he is, maybe he is.

Bergy on
    ChicagoBulls01.jpg
  • Options
    AlphariusAlpharius Registered User regular
    edited December 2004
    Martez wrote:
    Well, I'm back from work tired, cold, and agitated. So glad to see how all this has worked out. I'm of a new opinion now: It's called "Fuckitall."

First of all, if we're going to get down to the details, the robots poem said "A list of the sheriffs, both current and past." We did it. And pretty quickly. Then all of a sudden it has to be arranged? That wasn't in the poem. Then all of a sudden it also includes deputies. Oh wait, no it doesn't because the robot didn't say so in the poem. He didn't say we needed it to be organized either. We did everything. Not only did we do everything, we did it FIVE times faster than you apparently expected us to.

So this was a ruse to get us to meet new people. We tried that; we went over to the Off Topic forum, and I tried to get us all to work together to finish the list. Not surprisingly, it didn't work. Shock and awed is I. Oh, we didn't just PM the mods, the people that bestowed these riddles on us and ask for the answers; holy shit, how stupid must we be to not expect to have the answers handed to us if we asked those who gave it to us. Christ.

I understand the motivation was good and all, but it was poorly thought out and completely backfired. Not only did it backfire, but there was gunpowder laying everywhere so everyone else got caught in the blast. I was actually having fun with this until everything turned lame in the last mission. If the whole point was to get us to coexist and get to know the other side of the board, it shouldn't be split in fucking half in the first place. As far as I'm concerned, THAT'S the big mistake here.

So fuckitall. I don't want a fucking Chat Thread if this is what it entails as well as being the result. What a grand conundrum. Is this place always like this?
    bad day at the office?
    i reckon alpha will string it out a little longer just for the sake of the deadline he gave

Alpharius on
    Check out my 40k blog: WarHamSandwich
  • Options
    edited December 2004
    SyphonBlue wrote:
    Henroid wrote:

....Are...are you the tenth plague personified?

Shit.

*runs and hides*
    Yeah. Not quite what you were expecting huh?

Well I've got work to do.

Henroid on
  • Options
    edited December 2004
    Martez wrote:
    If the whole point was to get us to coexist and get to know the other side of the board, it shouldn't be split in fucking half in the first place. As far as I'm concerned, THAT'S the big mistake here.
    or if it is, split it completely.

Bergy on
    ChicagoBulls01.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2004
    Martez wrote:

No. Apparently, only when we reach milestones such as Chat Thread #100 and 200. I think it was a good idea, but it was just too hard.

Correction: The list was too hard, while everything else was too easy. Next time it needs to be more balanced.

SyphonBlue on
    LxX6eco.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2004
    SyphonBlue wrote:
    Martez wrote:

No. Apparently, only when we reach milestones such as Chat Thread #100 and 200. I think it was a good idea, but it was just too hard.

Or when it comes to the holidays.

Like people said earlier, at least they didn't lockdown all the forums again and make just the Christmas forum. Wasn't that bad, but still. :P

There's still a chance that they might do that again though...

Legacy on
  • Options
    VisibleDuctsVisibleDucts Registered User regular
    edited December 2004
    Legacy wrote:
    Henroid wrote:
    SyphonBlue wrote:
    Henroid wrote:

royal-flush.gif

Bullshit.

charizard.gif

I win. Or something.

VisibleDucts on
  • Options
    MartezMartez Registered User regular
    edited December 2004
    wrote:
    ]-[arlequin]
    bad day at the office?
    i reckon alpha will string it out a little longer just for the sake of the deadline he gave

Kind of.

And screw stringing it out longer. The robot asked for a list. We gave him one. As far as I'm concerned, we're done.

YOU HEAR ME, EVIL ROBOT? DONE!

Martez on
    njbanner4qa.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2004
    SyphonBlue wrote:
    Martez wrote:

Correction: The list was too hard, while everything else was too easy. Next time it needs to be more balanced.
    I'm not sure I'd agree with that. alpha had to break down and start giving more obvious hints because everybody was still pissed from the locked thread.
    You guys aren't getting the clues. Fine, I give up. I'll have my bot take care of things from now on. If it decides you guys deserve a new chat thread, it will make one, otherwise, I would get used to H&R :wink:

Santa Claustrophobia on
This discussion has been closed.