Options

an abiogensis body horror idle [chat]

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    i keep reading SWTOR as SWOTL

which funnily enough was also a Lucasfilms game

SWOL-T on the other hand is something only advertised on the finest podcasts.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Tumin wrote: »
    Who's your grenade guy

TBF it's me....

I wouldnt be that surprised if you made a black powder grenade tbf

<.<

>.>

No mr ATF I've never done anything possibly dangerous with black powder.

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    TuminTumin Registered User regular
    edited November 2022
    A quick search suggests she dropped a tiktok declaring open railing season on everyone, man or woman, sexy in Hollywood

Same...same...

Tumin on
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Nice one, when we sit down tonight and my partner says, "You'll never guess who Pete Davidson is dating now!" I'll cut the sweet thrill of revelation right out from under her

My wife gets very upset with me when I do this, so I've stopped doing it.

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Security guard recertification course day 2 today

As I am about to go to the store I wonder, how many beers would be too many

And how many would be not enough

It's recertification for us because our original course is old enough that we need the new one so naturally we are all experienced enough to be bored to tears by it

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Also, dark mode at 15:20 today.

• Options
    I've had a co-worker and a friend of mine come to me in the last month to discuss the idea of getting into the PI business and what is in the fucking water here? That's some random shit for two people bring up to me. Is it a trending thing somewhere?

I told both of them unless they like taking lewd photos of possibly unattractive people at 2AM it's probably not worth it.

• Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    Nice one, when we sit down tonight and my partner says, "You'll never guess who Pete Davidson is dating now!" I'll cut the sweet thrill of revelation right out from under her

Have you tried revealing it to her immediately when you find out

sig.gif
  • Options

Have you tried revealing it to her immediately when you find out

no because I forget, and then she brings it up later and I'm all "oh yeah I heard that!" and then she's upset faced.

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    I've had a co-worker and a friend of mine come to me in the last month to discuss the idea of getting into the PI business and what is in the fucking water here? That's some random shit for two people bring up to me. Is it a trending thing somewhere?

I told both of them unless they like taking lewd photos of possibly unattractive people at 2AM it's probably not worth it.

Possibly unattractive you say...

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    CaptainBeyondCaptainBeyond I've been out walking Registered User regular

I talk big on the forums, but I will definitely be like "No who? Oh wow!!"

She is pregnant and I fear her wrath

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Sometimes winter afternoons feel brighter to me than summer ones because the sun is better angled to get all up in my grill(s)

• Options
    But you get to buy comically long lenses and wear humurous disguises

• Options
    edited November 2022
    Tumsboo will troll me if I bring up these Hollywood celebs and if theres anything I cant stand its being corn cobbed

"Pete and Who"

"Who is this woman, do you think shes hotter than me?"

She...shes the number one supermodel....I dont...*smoke bomb*

Tumin on
  • Options
    Tumsboo will troll me if I bring up these Hollywood celebs and if theres anything I cant stand its being corn cobbed

"Pete and Who"

In this house we call that the Pink Accords of 2014

• Options

"Pete and Who"

Is this about the artist Pink?

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Sometimes winter afternoons feel brighter to me than summer ones because the sun is better angled to get all up in my grill(s)

I like the light at night when there's moonlight on snow.

• Options

"Pete and Who"

Is this about the artist Pink?

Yes

• Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    edited November 2022
    Re one million years ago in chat—I’m also team unsweetened peanut butter. I got into it in college for what were admittedly cultural reasons (reinventing myself as having a crunchy granola health-conscious lifestyle etc) despite initially finding it unappealing. Because yeah, mixing in the oil is kinda gross and frequently messy, and it’s pretty bitter, which is a big surprise when you’re used to getting it heavily sweetened. But over time I got used to it and now I think it’s great, whereas the sweetened stuff now registers in my mental world as essentially frosting.

For sandwiches, sweetened peanut butter with jelly or honey is way too much, just sweet on sweet. But unsweetened peanut butter and a drizzle of honey?—rich savory and bitter notes just balanced by that extra sweetness. Delicious, no notes.

MrMister on
  • Options
    For one dollar, name someone hotter than the person holding your hand

• Options
    zagdrobzagdrob Registered User regular

"Pete and Who"

I mentioned once years ago that I thought Anna Kendrick was really hot to my wife. Which was fine and didn't bother her, because duh, celebrity crush and all that. It was something that just got mentioned occasionally when something she was in was on but otherwise no big deal.

Then I got put on a project where I was working closely with a young woman who looked very similar to Anna Kendrick.

If there was ever one awkward introduction where I would have thrown a smoke bomb, that would have been it.

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    con788ri2tq2.jpg

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    I have been eating unsweetened peanut butter for years

Sweetened peanut butter is okay but it's a bit much. I prefer unsweetened with a dash of salt.

Mixing in the oil is kinda annoying but we keep it in the fridge so it doesn't separate as much

• Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    edited November 2022
    Also the appropriate amount of peanut butter to eat in a sitting is indeed an entire cup, donk’s two tablespoons is positively restrained, and being all-natural hippie shit definitely doesn’t mean you aren’t eating approximately three million calories worth of food.

MrMister on
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    So the thing about the peanut butter

If we have the unsweetened stuff it lasts a long time, it's eaten as one desires peanut butter, it is a food for mealtimes

The sweet stuff...youll find me globbing it onto bread in between meals just to feel the thrill of being alive

Tumin on
  • Options
    by the way Star Wars Squadrons is free on epic games store until december 1st

I hear it's quite decent

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
  • Options
    I have one slightly overstuffed kitchen spoon of peanut butter a day.

I ration it like WW2 supplies, so that I don't eat the jar.

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »

I hear it's quite decent

I got it working kind of once. Then it stopped reading my hotas. And I uninstalled.

But it is really pretty. Also really taxed my old computer.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Abdhyius wrote: »

I hear it's quite decent

I got it working kind of once. Then it stopped reading my hotas. And I uninstalled.

But it is really pretty. Also really taxed my old computer.

oh, right, that might be a thing

it's kind of funny that the only thing I've tried my too expensive VKB joystick on where it has worked without hassle or issue has been Star Citizen

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular

"Pete and Who"

I've never heard this slang before, but googling it is producing results that seem decidedly more sexual than it would seem to be being used for in this context...

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    The best peanut butter is the king with the jelly mixed into it

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Bethryn wrote: »

"Pete and Who"

I've never heard this slang before, but googling it is producing results that seem decidedly more sexual than it would seem to be being used for in this context...

dril thing, I think.

tpx9t6diqrkh.png

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    I pity the idiom etymologist who has to cite dril as the source of a turn of phrase

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    Bethryn wrote: »
    I pity the idiom etymologist who has to cite dril as the source of a turn of phrase
    dril is the shakespeare of the 21st century

• Options
    A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    morning fellow sentient intelligences

Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
  • Options
    I think there is surely a less cryptic / idiotic phrase for the experience of being more and more comically owned as you try to double down on describing a phenomenon as the straight man but Im unable to come up with it (whereas "trolled" is more general), "digging the hole deeper" is perhaps common parlance but suggests a seriousness to the exchange that I wanted to avoid and is evocative of a certain spouse-hating set of comedy that I think the bit skirts but needs to avoid since we arent going full sucking John Mayer's dick.

Is this internet brain poison, is this efficient communication?

Something punchy to describe the harrowing nature of charging headfirst through the minefields of intentional misunderstanding by the listener to secure pyrrhic victory in completing a worthless anecdote

• Options
    A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    I think there is surely a less cryptic / idiotic phrase for the experience of being more and more comically owned as you try to double down on describing a phenomenon as the straight man but Im unable to come up with it (whereas "trolled" is more general), "digging the hole deeper" is perhaps common parlance but suggests a seriousness to the exchange that I wanted to avoid and is evocative of a certain spouse-hating set of comedy that I think the bit skirts but needs to avoid since we arent going full sucking John Mayer's dick.

Is this internet brain poison, is this efficient communication?

Something punchy to describe the harrowing nature of charging headfirst through the minefields of intentional misunderstanding by the listener to secure pyrrhic victory in completing a worthless anecdote

but intentional misunderstanding will win every time

nobody will ever listen, really

Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
  • Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    Nope is a rul gud movayy

You go in the cage, cage goes in the water, you go in the water. Shark's in the water, our shark.
  • Options
    Eating crow?

This discussion has been closed.