As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

🖥️🎮 - Nadir, Scorchlands & You can Do!mino out today!

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Did that game ever come out? I swear it was one of those announced, looked horrible, and then I never heard anything of it again.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    AzraithAzraith DON'T Registered User regular
    Like a lot of Ubisoft games, I really genuinely loved the environment they build and how accurate it felt to a lot of DC that I've been to in Div 2. How I can walk around and say "I've been through these exact steps, from one mile to another" is really neat. The gameplay was fun enough, a little stilted when trying to do stuff like swap weapons consistently or mantle when you're going at an angle, but yeah the story was full "I'm listening to a podcast over this" stuff.

kgefLUA.png
    Steam Live: Azraith PSN: AzraithDeMitri
  • Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Did that game ever come out? I swear it was one of those announced, looked horrible, and then I never heard anything of it again.

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/ubisoft-is-shutting-down-tom-clancys-elite-squad-after-just-a-year/
    They cowarded out right away when it didn't print out $1 billion for them.

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited January 2023
    that's okay, they also learned nothing from it:

BWGT0E6.jpg

damn chuck, that's a hell of an entry level job you got there!

wait what's your last name again?

Charlie Guillemot, son of Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot, is exiting Ubisoft. He ran their Owlient studio

Owlient was was first known for games about horses. Last year, Ubisoft had to apologize for how Owlient's Tom Clancy game used Black Lives Matter imagery

ohhhhhh

and what are you working on now?

5ZZmK9h.jpg

a m a z i n g

Brolo on
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    fucking love nepotism

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Buzzword salad highlighting an absolute nothing product. The amount of fake gaming products associated with crypto and NFT are god damn legion.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    Ok so I did basically start up Deadfire right away.
    Went with a Chanter/Druid for the multi-class.
    I'm liking it so far, it's taken me a little bit to get used to the system differences going from one right into the other.
    I also still don't really understand Empower very well.

Also every time I meet a new party member and they make me choose a single class or multi-class, I am paralyzed.

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Yeah, making the class decisions your first time through is incredibly tough

• Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited January 2023
    I had a folder of build guides for pillars 1. Its not until about 100 hours in Im starting to understand enough to work out some upgrades on my own.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Okay, so I kind of hit a lull in games, and I don't think i wanna pick up any new ones right now, but also I'm weak so I reinstalled Skyrim.

Are there any must-have mods? I generally don't like stuff that adds new content or significantly modifies existing content. Mostly bug fixes/QoL stuff, and things straightforward graphics upgrades. I believe the Skyrim Special Edition version also includes the high res texture back that Bethesda released?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    GH6LsE7h.jpg
    L9xPeTIh.jpg

look yeah sure, it's got a little bit of paramilitary vigilante death squads executing terrorists who use BLM imagery,
    but they're also making cosmetic clothing options and pronouns gender-locked!
    so thank you ubi for keeping politics OUT of my videogames

Ah yeas. the game where you recruit cartel torturers to fight BLM in JRPG battles.

NOT POLITICAL.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Okay, so I kind of hit a lull in games, and I don't think i wanna pick up any new ones right now, but also I'm weak so I reinstalled Skyrim.

Are there any must-have mods? I generally don't like stuff that adds new content or significantly modifies existing content. Mostly bug fixes/QoL stuff, and things straightforward graphics upgrades. I believe the Skyrim Special Edition version also includes the high res texture back that Bethesda released?

SkyUI: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/12604

• Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    "Owlient was first known for games about horses. Last year, Ubisoft had to apologize for how Owlient's Tom Clancy game used Black Lives Matter imagery" is an A++ transition. You could have given me a hundred bites at the cherry, I could not have predicted what would follow "they were known for their horse-games".

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Some of those that code horses are the same that burn crosses.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    My birthday present Steam Deck is supposed to be here today….woooooooo!

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    gatewalkers is wonderful

it feels like dont starve together set in path of exile with that games' advancement system and FF11s combat and all on the Dreamcast

it has goofy super loud footsteps and wonderfully untrained voice acting that i adore.

it's janky and nostalgic and comfortable and just fun

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    McHoger wrote: »
    The "plot" of Division 2 might literally be the most cowardly thing I've ever seen. Whereas 1 laid out the enemy factions, why they existed, what kinds of things they wanted to do, etc, 2 does nothing like that. It is extremely mysterious who you're fighting and why for at least the first 10+ hours (when I stopped playing). It's like Top Gun, but much worse because it actually tries to have themes about fighting and patriotism and yadda yadda while having no soul whatsoever. Top Gun just doesn't want to insult any nation to tell a story about "fighter jets go woosh and then bam bam bang!"

I dunno. Have you played Watch Dogs: Legion?

it is fierce competition within ubisoft to have the most cowardly politcal-but-not-political written game

To be fair, the people doing the actual writing almost certainly knlw the politics.

It's just the Guillemot probably don't really see them as people

• Options

LOOM Collector's Edition (PC) is up for preorder at LRG http://bit.ly/3nwJgkZ #ad

wWSBAI4.jpg

• Options
    AvalonGuardAvalonGuard Registered User regular
    Caves of Qud:

r6gmvs9rbcm1.png

• Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    Pardon.

• Options
    Look, sometimes you're fighting your alternate dimension doppelganger and it cuts off your face and you gotta just pick it up and put it back on.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »

Doom Eternal Collector's Edition (PC) is available for preorder on Amazon ($199.99) https://amzn.to/31GBGa4

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Letterbox&imcolor=%23000000&letterbox=false

• Options
    edited January 2023
    Look, sometimes you're fighting your alternate dimension doppelganger and it cuts off your face and you gotta just pick it up and put it back on.

And sometimes
    You get your own face severed by a sawhander and survive but happen to know that Bethesda Susa has regen tanks.

A hilarious quirk of the limb system is that your Face is a limb, and limbs have an equip slot. Once your face is dismembered, you no longer have a Face equip slot. Thus, you can not equip your severed face until you regenerate your Face.

AvalonGuard on
  • Options
    face face face face face face face

Not a real word.

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular

And sometimes
    You get your own face severed by a sawhander and survive but happen to know that Bethesda Susa has regen tanks.

A hilarious quirk of the limb system is that your Face is a limb, and limbs have an equip slot. Once your face is dismembered, you no longer have a Face equip slot. Thus, you can not equip your severed face until you regenerate your Face.

Please tell me you can later enchant that face or something

• Options
    Donnicton wrote: »

And sometimes

Nah, modifying stuff is entirely of the mechanical variety. You do get +2 Ego when it's equipped, though.

• Options
    Donnicton wrote: »

And sometimes

Nah, modifying stuff is entirely of the mechanical variety. You do get +2 Ego when it's equipped, though.

Well of course, you're more yourself than ever before.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Hmmm do you get a faction penalty with yourself for wearing your face like you do if you wear faces of other species?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Can you equip a Beak?

• Options
    I don't think so, not directly. You can equip the face of something with a beak, but i think it just functions as a face.
    You can however just have a beak via mutation.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Glal wrote: »
    Can you equip a Beak?
    I don't think so, not directly. You can equip the face of something with a beak, but i think it just functions as a face.
    You can however just have a beak via mutation.

gviqp70hrmvy.png

• Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jxc3JoNsr0Q
    Embody Kimuto on the first day of his new job in this humor-packed dungeon crawler with surprising secrets to discover!
    20230113 Underdungeon (Dungeon Crawler Action-Adventure RPG 2D)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMl2uGw7akA
    SimRail is new, advanced railway simulator. Master high-speed long-distance EMU, heavy freight hauls and suburban trains. Travel 500 km of geodetic-data based real routes. Become train dispatcher and control the traffic according to the schedule or cooperate with other players on multiplayer mode.
    20230113 SimRail - The Railway Simulator (Early Access Simulation Trains Transportation)

• Options
    edited January 2023

I see companies treat failure the same way governments do.

Glal on
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Dang. Has the Great Old One Will Wright become so degraded and forgotten that we can just SimNoun now?

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    https://youtu.be/1Isjgc0oX0s
    Intercepted Ubisoft internal emails.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Hurry Steam Deck!!! I’m tired of refreshing FedEx every minute

• Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    akajaybay wrote: »
    Ok so I did basically start up Deadfire right away.
    Went with a Chanter/Druid for the multi-class.
    I'm liking it so far, it's taken me a little bit to get used to the system differences going from one right into the other.
    I also still don't really understand Empower very well.

Also every time I meet a new party member and they make me choose a single class or multi-class, I am paralyzed.

Fighter/rogue is a really good multiclass, I recommend it.

In general I would say martial/martial are good multiclasses, and casters work best single classed.

• Options
    It’s snowing out. I don’t want to leave the poor fella out there in the cold…

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    https://youtu.be/xixgDV_9RJI

Happy 20th Trogdiversary to Peasant's Quest, which absolutely does belong in this thread, because it is technically a Video Game, with Graphics, that you can play on your Computer.

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    The only screenshots for that Loom bundle are of the kind of bad VGA remake and not the original EGA. Ewwww

This discussion has been closed.