As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    Very weird, I thought Sierra Mist was a good name for the pop. Don't really care for what Starry's whole packaging looks like.

• Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular
    This is like when the Seattle Seahawks got their new uniforms

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I dunno what it is about it, but it just looks like an off name discount brand

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Sierra Piss

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    I kinda like the two tone fruit, but then the inverted label and the two tone background makes it all a bit much.

• Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    edited January 2023
    It will be Sierra Missed.

facetious on
    "I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    It looks like poverty

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    huh, today I learned that Pepsi is just the distributor for 7 Up in Canada, and they don’t actually own it. I had no idea, I just always saw it stocked with all the Pepsi products, and presumably that distribution deal is why Sierra Mist was never really a thing up here

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Yeah, 7 up is a Dr pepper brand

• Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    I do not like adjectives as names

"You want a starry what?"

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    I still find it weird how some places/restaurants that serve Pepsi products will serve Dr. Pepper, and some that serve Coke products will serve Dr. Pepper.

Like it's just contracts and shit but it still feels wrong that both companies work with them.

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    sponospono Mining for Nose Diamonds Booger CoveRegistered User regular
    Gen Z loves Don McLean

https://youtu.be/A3DUsxOIZi4

640qocnq4ske.gif
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    sierra mist is better than sprite, do NOT at me

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Jasconius wrote: »

Pepsi is better than coke, too.

• Options
    RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    Are the little black dots at the top of the lemon supposed to be a face? It's giving me some video game off brand can vibes.

• Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    it always tasted just like a moist towelette to me

in neither a good nor a bad way

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    i mean the branding looks like it could be for a moist towelette or chemical cleaner now

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2023
    Starry sounds like what a Japanese anime writer would think an American soda would be called.

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    We still have Fresca at least.

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    It looks like poverty

*Faygo has entered the chat*

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    Faygo doesn’t look like poverty

Faygo is poverty

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Growing up in rural Michigan, Faygo and Shasta were the go-to drinks for stocking up your cooler on a nice summer beach day

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Starry sounds and looks more like a cleaning product logo

• Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    Sierra Mist, like nearly all clear sodas, blows tho

I like that the new packaging makes it look like an anime or videogame product

STARRY NOW WITH MORE CORN SYRUP

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Growing up in rural Michigan, Faygo and Shasta were the go-to drinks for stocking up your cooler on a nice summer beach day

When staying at my grandma's over the summer as a youngin' I'd estimate I was around 60% Shasta Fruit Punch and Vess Cream Soda by volume.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    MAKE 7
    UP YOURS

• Options
    Ranlin wrote: »
    MAKE 7
    UP YOURS

Crisp and clean and no caffeine

• Options
    yurnamehereyurnamehere Registered User regular
    I've drunk maybe two cans of Sierra Mist total in my life, on two separate occasions. Each time, I ended up getting a massive headache not long after.

Coincidence? Probably.

• Options
    BhowBhow Sunny day, sweeping the clouds away. On my way to where the air is sweet.Registered User regular
    You're talking Michigan pop without Vernor's?

• Options
    edited January 2023
    Bhow wrote: »
    You're talking Michigan pop without Vernor's?

Vernors had it's headquarters here in Ohio for a long time too, before moving more up into Michigan

It was the only kind of ginger ale my grandma would drink because it was local to the region

She'd give it to us when we were sick

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    yeah Vernors was strictly a beverage for treating colds and sore throats, I wasn't really a fan of it otherwise

sometimes when I'd fake sick to get out of school, my grandpa would go pick up a couple cans and I'd have to force myself to drink it in order to keep up the act

• Options
    I am not a big ginger ale person but I prefer Vernors to Canada dry or whatever any day

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    good bye off brand 7-up, hello off brand 7-up

• Options
    BhowBhow Sunny day, sweeping the clouds away. On my way to where the air is sweet.Registered User regular
    edited January 2023
    Vernor's isn't my favourite ginger ale, but nothing beats it for a Boston Cooler (a ginger ale float). It's a little too sweet in other contexts.

Bhow on
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Starry?

What the fuck?

• Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    I've drunk maybe two cans of Sierra Mist total in my life, on two separate occasions. Each time, I ended up getting a massive headache not long after.

Coincidence? Probably.

That's like me with dunkin' donuts blueberry muffins. Do I think they caused me to vomit the last two times I ate them? Probably not. Am I ever going to eat one again? Also probably not.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    good bye off brand 7-up, hello off brand 7-up

I always saw sierra mist as the alternate to sprite, but yeah, even sprite feels like an alternative to the much more flavorful 7 Up

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: »

what the fuck is this

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    Jragghen wrote: »

what the fuck is this

This reminds met that since I've been to the Coke Museum which is pretty cool I now have to check out the Pepsi one which I just learned is in Bern, NC

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular

Shasta Black Cherry, mmm