Options

Hogwarts Legacy

Jr.Jr. Registered User regular
I want to play Hogwarts Legacy but I do not have the new Playstation or Xbox and they did not make it for Mac yet. Is it worth getting a PS5 for it or should I just wait until the Xbox One version comes out? I kind of want a PS5 for Ratchet and Clank Rift game they made too because I like the Ratchet and Clank games but I'm not sure if it is worth buying a PS5 yet due to the high price it's $500 but they will probably lower it this year

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    I don't think there's any reason for us to believe there's a price drop looming for the PS5 as they have been selling out pretty consistently since release. I don't think 1 game is worth buying a console for but if you have a large list of must have games and the cash to spend then I say go for it.

• Options
    Rats I was hoping they would drop the price soon I guess I will wait until next year maybe

• Options
    HevachHevach Registered User regular
    edited February 2023
    Early price drops are generally for underperforming games. This one checks a lot of boxes and is outpacing last year's big darling open world game even in the face of serious controversy. The soonest it'll get a discount is the next big seasonal sale and it'll probably sit out the first one at that.

My general rule: if you're going to spend $x on a console, you should reasonably known going in that you'll spend a similar amount on games (not necessarily all at once). And after only 2 of my 6 originally planned Wii games actually came out I've amended that rule to only cover *existing* games.

By my rule that would be 8-10 games that I can't play but can if I get a PS5, and 7-9 aren't going to be brand new hotcakes AAA titles so I have cheaper games that I could play in the mean time.

Hevach on
  • Options
    daveNYCdaveNYC Why universe hate Waspinator? Registered User regular
    XBone and PS4 versions are scheduled for April 4. Optimization issues might be fun though.

Shut up, Mr. Burton! You were not brought upon this world to get it!
  • Options
    HamHamJHamHamJ Registered User regular
    It's a good game but nothing revolutionary enough to buy a console for imho.

While racing light mechs, your Urbanmech comes in second place, but only because it ran out of ammo.
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    Sony increased the price of PS5 last year, so I wouldn't hold my breath on it going down any time soon.

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    I'm personally waiting for the PS4 version, it looks like it could easily run fine on that.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular
    Unless you've got the spare scratch lying around and were just looking for a reason to get a PS5, there's no reason to not just wait until the "old gen" versions come out. Like, there's nothing in that game that is a system seller. At all.

. . . fun game though. Just not "500 dollar entry fee" fun.

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    edited February 2023
    spoilers

ElJeffe on
    gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Ps5 is good and has lots of good games especially with the ps+ stuff. There's also the discless version but I've gotten a lot of use out of playing games and then ebaying them to recoup the cost myself so ymmv with that.

From my understanding the Harry Potter game is about putting down a slave rebellion on top of giving money and cultural support to a terf so, probably don't worry about buying that one.

• Options
    edited February 2023
    spoilers

why the fuck would you spoil a game you jackass

ElJeffe on
  • Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    Reasons. Good reasons, IMHO.

• Options
    spoiling games is mean if you ask me I would never spoil something I would not even spoil something you wanted to play

• Options
    we're talking about a new game here not spoiling say, the Bible https://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2005/12/05/as-regards-spoilification

• Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    i would spoil a game if it was funny and if it had a chance of ruining the experience of someone psyched to hand over money to a dangerous bigot. primarily the first thing

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited February 2023
    it feels like you could probably petition the mods to just ban threads on HWL?

override367 on
  • Options
    Spoiling games is mean spirited and has no place on a game forum I would not spoil any game someone was looking forward to playing

• Options
    i would spoil a game if it was funny and if it had a chance of ruining the experience of someone psyched to hand over money to a dangerous bigot. primarily the first thing

Well you certainly showed. . .someone.

• Options
    Did they fix the cyberpunk game that looked fun too I would play it on ps5

• Options
    Jr. wrote: »
    Spoiling games is mean spirited and has no place on a game forum I would not spoil any game someone was looking forward to playing

Okay but hear me out

Now you don't have to play it and waste your time and give money to the dangerous bigot.
    Win win!

Get a ps5 though they're good. Cyberpunk supposedly got fixed but id probably play that on pc with the option to do so for mods and such.

• Options
    I still want hogwarts even if it got spoiled just like I would still watch ant man quantimania next week if it got spoiled I did not see it yet so do not spoil it please I like to be surprised at the movies

• Options
    It is kind of odd you're ignoring the rampant transphobia part of the meme to be mad about the spoilers, which is exactly what the meme is saying. It is fascinating.

• Options
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    It is kind of odd you're ignoring the rampant transphobia part of the meme to be mad about the spoilers, which is exactly what the meme is saying. It is fascinating.

Honest question: why are you trying to engage the user in a conversation they (clearly) don't want to have? I mean this is an odd thread in general (not the least of which the fact that the thread seems to be a black hole where time stopped on the 20th) but as far as I know there's no rule against people discussing their intentions or desire to play the game which makes outright spoiling a game for another forum user a "goosey" thing to do (given the forums policy; if there has been one stated I haven't seen it).

. . .also mildly humorous the thumbs-up given to CP77.