As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Microphone suddenly not working

FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understandingGNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
I have a HyperX Cloud S, and the mic, which has been working reliably for about a year, suddenly is not working. The Device Manager suddenly says it is working on the Hi-Res USB (it used to say HyperX) I tried reinstalling the Realtek drivers, and nothing.

I can hear everything just fine, but my computer is not picking up any mic activity whatsoever.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Just for troubleshooting sake, if you have an extra computer try and plug it in there to see if it works.

Could be that the mic itself is dead, which happens. They sell replacement mics for like $10.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter