As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Penny Arcade - Comic - In The Cards

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin

In The Cards!

Penny Arcade - Comic - In The Cards

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

• QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    ru9yuxmxxr0m.png

Say what you will, both companies know who's buying their product.

• THRA5H3RTHRA5H3R Registered User regular
    I felt this from the moment I saw the LotR Magic Set.

Also, I can totally relate to Gabe putting on glasses to read the card...

• V1mV1m Registered User regular
    I mean that is a pretty decent card.

Also Gabe putting on his specs: I am here for it.

Yes mine do look good on me thank you, how nice of you to say.

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    THRA5H3R wrote: »
    I felt this from the moment I saw the LotR Magic Set.

Also, I can totally relate to Gabe putting on glasses to read the card...

Yeah this plus the prostrate stuff making me feel old guys I mean I am but don't make me feel it!

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    I just got multi-focal? glasses and they're pretty great. Goes from far sight to near all blended together so there's no weird square or anything.

The edges are a little strange - mid stuff can look blurry on the periphery especially if you're moving.

Loaded up with darkening and anti blue light which seemed to help me on my last frames.

• dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    MichaelLC wrote: »
    I just got multi-focal? glasses and they're pretty great. Goes from far sight to near all blended together so there's no weird square or anything.

The edges are a little strange - mid stuff can look blurry on the periphery especially if you're moving.

Loaded up with darkening and anti blue light which seemed to help me on my last frames.

I usually wear contacts (and had to start wearing readers years ago), but when it came time to last update my backup glasses, I went ahead and got varifocal ones. When I ordered them, they asked me what percentage down the glass the blending should start. I was stumped, and gave them an answer. Turns out that's a pretty important number. Probably too important to have let me decide it. I don't think I chose the right number.

• ShowsniShowsni Registered User regular

There's a fun recent question on the space exploration stack exchange about how one of the space shuttle astronauts used trifocals, so he could have close up vision for the panels above his head and the checklists below him.

• MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    dennis wrote: »

I usually wear contacts (and had to start wearing readers years ago), but when it came time to last update my backup glasses, I went ahead and got varifocal ones. When I ordered them, they asked me what percentage down the glass the blending should start. I was stumped, and gave them an answer. Turns out that's a pretty important number. Probably too important to have let me decide it. I don't think I chose the right number.

Oh no! Hope it's gotten better.

I put on the try-on frames and the assistant had me stare at them from across the small table and put a Sharpie dot where my pupils were. Assume that's why.

• dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    dennis wrote: »

Oh no! Hope it's gotten better.

I put on the try-on frames and the assistant had me stare at them from across the small table and put a Sharpie dot where my pupils were. Assume that's why.

Well, not really. I just barely ever use them (only if my eyes are messed up in some way that makes me not wear contacts that day, or if I'm going to be needing to go back to sleep). They're mainly for walking between bedroom and bathroom. And they're not THAT bad. Just not as sharp as wearing my contacts and using readers.

• Man in the MistsMan in the Mists Registered User regular
    edited February 2023
    Personally I would've added: "Fat Ass gains Vigilant (attacking doesn't cause Fat Ass to tap) if Pouch of Scorching is on the field and you are eating".

15bto9psasop.png

Man in the Mists on
  • HevachHevach Registered User regular
    edited February 2023
    Showsni wrote: »

There's a fun recent question on the space exploration stack exchange about how one of the space shuttle astronauts used trifocals, so he could have close up vision for the panels above his head and the checklists below him.

I have a couple pair of those. Trifocal isn't the right term, trifocals have one inset with two different focal lengths, these have two usually identical insets (which can have one or two focal lengths each). They're usually called electrician's glasses.

They're unpleasant to walk around in, but great for work overhead or in enclosed spaces.

Incidentally the reason I have two pair is that I opted for progressive lenses the first time because I liked my every day glasses. But with the electricians glasses just too much space was taken up by the transition and it left too little field to walk around with.

Hevach on