Options

[NBA] Denver Gold Rush

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    i mean the heat without butler just don’t have anywhere near enough offense to compete with the celtics. can’t even use him as a distraction

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    I thought this clips/mavs game started in 7 minutes, turn it on just in time to see Harden bomb one from way deep to go up 12 at the end of the 1st

Not great!

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    Mavs can't shoot for shit today, and Gafford is injured and going to the locker room

And fucking christ Harden is full on Hardening, and of course Kidd doesn't challenge that ridiculous call

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    Dallas can't buy a basket today.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    Legitimately the worst this team has looked since before the trade deadline; I don't know if I can watch much more of this today

Whatever, it's game one, ideally they make a mini run in the 3rd to show some life but at this point just get out alive and go next

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    i thought the mavs had actually been the best team in basketball for the last few months. they've been playing really good basketball.

idk what the fuck happened here.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    I missed most of the first quarter so I didn't see the initial hole get dug, but from I did see it's feeling like a classic "mavs go cold from 3 at the same time an opposing star gets hot and then everyone tries to do way too much to get out of it while Kidd just kinda watches from the sidelines" disasterclass.

This team is pretty much guaranteed 3-5 of these games per year, just sucks that one is happening in the playoffs

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    Clippers are the higher seeded team (by 1 whole game) and despite all the jokes about Westbrick they are a pretty good team. Mavs rely on the rest of team to do at least a bare minimum in support of Luka and Kyrie, and looking at the stat sheet today looks like they never left the locker room.

• Options
  • Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    Holy crap that LeBron block on Murray

• Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    Magic aren’t doing well but no one has any playoff experience an we already exceeded my expectation for this season.

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    I reallllllly wouldn’t give up on the Magic yet, this Cavs group is really good at finding ways to disappoint in the postseason

• Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    I love their energy and their grit, but the Magic have to be the worst shooting playoff team I have ever seen.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    I just have PTSD about the Cavs looking good early vs the Magic in the postseason

So many 30-point first half leads blown before Lebron decided he needed to move to Florida….

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Nirya wrote: »
    Pelicans are categorically incapable of beating the Lakers, which sucks because the Lakers are categorically incapable of beating the Nuggets.

Just bumping this for no reason.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    Denver just giving LA all the hope before snuffing that candle. Those last five minutes were great theatre.

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    edited April 23
    Joker just man handled ad to tie the game . The game winner was insane as well. That said the lakers were so tired overtime wasnt ending well for them

EspantaPajaro on
  • Options
    On the flip for the Lakers, Lebron looks like he can keep playing long enough for them to replenish assets to flip for Dame

• Options
    Doc is 2nd lol.
    Tom Thibodeau’s Knicks finished 50-32, earning the No. 2 seed in the East.

But New York's success and his two NBA Coach of the Year awards haven't endeared Thibs to players, who have marked him as the coach they'd least like to play for 𝙖𝙜𝙖𝙞𝙣.

• Options
    burboburbo Registered User regular
    That's funny, because I thought that Doc's whole deal was that he was a "player's coach" and that he knew got along well with the stars and whatnot. Seems like maybe he gets along well with them, until they play for him and realize that he throws them under the bus as soon as they inevitably fail together.

• Options
    Five Years Ago Today . . .
    w9yryristywu.png

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    I'm surprised nobody else has been in this thread shrieking about it, so I'll just say that the last 60 seconds of the Knicks/Sixers game last night was an absolute fucking travesty and every official involved should be sent away, far, far away.

I mean look, I'm all for letting them play, but that was absolute horseshit.

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    Peen wrote: »
    I'm surprised nobody else has been in this thread shrieking about it, so I'll just say that the last 60 seconds of the Knicks/Sixers game last night was an absolute fucking travesty and every official involved should be sent away, far, far away.

I mean look, I'm all for letting them play, but that was absolute horseshit.

Don't worry the NBA reviewed it and said Maxey got fouled twice and Nurse should have gotten the timeout so it's all ok now.

• Options
    The worst part is that I don't even know if that's a joke!

• Options
    that was the result of the l2m report.

idk it’s just so bad, it fucking sucks.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    NBA: "Mistakes were made. Oh, well, NEXT!"

• Options
    Meanwhile, Luka had a pretty damn good game (especially on defense) and the Mav's role players technically didn't play bad enough to lose

I absolutely take a 1-1 split coming out of LA, especially after that game 1 disaster

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    edited April 24
    Knight_ wrote: »
    that was the result of the l2m report.

idk it’s just so bad, it fucking sucks.

I love Philly and also think they get too angry too often y'all deffo got robbed it was horse shit

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    I'd have been normal mad if they lost but I'd have understood it, the Knicks played a hell of a complete team game and they shot the lights out of the building, they couldn't miss down the stretch in either game and that was impressive to see (if extremely annoying as a fan of the opposing team). I also never really expected to win the series, Embiid is too banged up and their bench is still a little suspect for me (Tobias is so far off the cliff that he may never be heard from again and Buddy Hield can't throw a rock in the ocean, it's kind of baffling). I just want them to come out and annihilate the Knicks tonight and at least get a moral victory for the home crowd.

• Options
    TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    Do I dare allow myself to be excited by the Wolves? Because they've looked pretty good so far.

• Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    Peen wrote: »
    I'd have been normal mad if they lost but I'd have understood it, the Knicks played a hell of a complete team game and they shot the lights out of the building, they couldn't miss down the stretch in either game and that was impressive to see (if extremely annoying as a fan of the opposing team). I also never really expected to win the series, Embiid is too banged up and their bench is still a little suspect for me (Tobias is so far off the cliff that he may never be heard from again and Buddy Hield can't throw a rock in the ocean, it's kind of baffling). I just want them to come out and annihilate the Knicks tonight and at least get a moral victory for the home crowd.

Brunson has only been playing okay the last couple games so it'll be interesting to see if he can break out in the next couple games. If he can't that's bad news for the Knicks whether they take this series or not.

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Options
    Tynnan wrote: »
    Do I dare allow myself to be excited by the Wolves? Because they've looked pretty good so far.

Possibly, the Suns were probably their worst matchup (not toughest, that’s Denver)

Gobert is still a choke artist and KAT has no dawg in him BUT Mike Conley is low-key one of the most impactful players ever (his teams just always “work”) and Ant looks closest to pulling off some Jordan playoffs cosplay

• Options
    I wonder if other teams can take anything away from what the Sixers have been doing with Brunson because they've played him well all season.

• Options
    Ripped off Defector comments:

Inside all of us there are two wolves. Both have wins against the Suns.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    Naz Reid

• Options
    joe mazzula is so overmatched in playoff basketball, it’s very funny that boston still has this dude coaching that team

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    I dunno, the Heat shooting 53% from 3 doesn’t seem sustainable…..

• Options
    no, but they’ve done it before. and they basically played porzingis off the court.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 25
    I dunno, the Heat shooting 53% from 3 doesn’t seem sustainable…..

The Celtics shrinking under pressure is. It's not like they didn't have a super deep roster last year and it's not like they actually defeated the Sixers so much as the Sixers absolutely shit the bed in games 6 and 7.

Butters on
  • Options
    Spo is a magician.