Options

The Great [Phalla] Detective - Day Six - Putting the Gang Back Together

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    edited May 2023
    Actually Endless_Serpent voted for kime last page. Tosorak missed it in their list.

E: two pages ago. Worst totp ever.

silence1186 on
  • Options
    premiumpremium Registered User regular
    heffling
    Sorry for my lack of being around today, work has been much busier than expected

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    This will be my last vote close announcement, someone please announce vote close.
    12 minutes left.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    edited May 2023
    [quolence1186;c-45621391"]
    38thDoe wrote: »
    Player List:
    [*] @jdarksun
    [*]
    [*] @Virgil_Leads_You
    [*]
    [/quote]

Still need votes.

silence1186 on
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    This will be my last vote close announcement, someone please announce vote close.
    12 minutes left.

The vote is closed!

Oh wait, you probably meant to do it at the proper time...

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    i rarely talk much in soft networks - idk what they even do that you can't say in thread most of the time

if you tell me my role name, tho...

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
  • Options
    caught up on thread

uh

last minute shenanigans seem pretty impossible but wow this was basically unanimous overnight

• Options
    Lucedes wrote: »
    caught up on thread

uh

last minute shenanigans seem pretty impossible but wow this was basically unanimous overnight
    Yeah I don't like giant bandwagons

Also I forgot that I'm 3hrs earlier than the vote close and thought I had another three hours.

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Kime you're a rogue and a rabble-rouser :pensive:

we have two minutes left

• Options
    edited May 2023

Big Ben says 3pm in the breakaway colonies, so vote should be closed.

silence1186 on
  • Options
    BOAT CLOTHESED

• Options
    spool32 wrote: »
    Kime you're a rogue and a rabble-rouser :pensive:

we have two minutes left
    Is the spread of 2 votes wide enough to not be causing chaos? :grin:

• Options
    12 minutes left.

and THAT is close. Smoke 'em if you got 'em.

• Options

Big Ben says 3pm in the breakaway colonies, so vote should be closed.
    Lucedes wrote: »
    BOAT CLOTHESED
    12 minutes left.

and THAT is close. Smoke 'em if you got 'em.

Everyone everyone the vote is closed! :tongue::tongue:

Steam profile
  • Options
    Looks like the only person who didn't vote was Virgil_Leads_You.
    I missed Endless_Serpents' vote on kime earlier.

• Options
    JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    So now that vote has closed, orders are in, I can reveal that Premium has been seered as Mafia. Wanted to get that out just in case I died tonight.

• Options
    edited May 2023
    If JayKaos isn't mafia, someone did an incredible job setting them up.

silence1186 on
  • Options
    "Someone" being Gizzy in this case lol

Gizzy started the wagon, Infidel proposed a Phoenix-D counterwagon. Phoenix-D jumped on JayKaos, followed by - oh, hey, silence1186.

(third vote on the wagon? mafia.)

It was off to the races at that point. Heffing, spool32, AustinP0027, and HeavyVillain jumped on. There were a few votes in between, but it didn't really change things. Phoenix-D didn't get any more votes until Romantic Undead a couple hours ago.

• Options
    JPants wrote: »
    So now that vote has closed, orders are in, I can reveal that Premium has been seered as Mafia. Wanted to get that out just in case I died tonight.

What a coincidence, because I vigged Premium tonight!

(This is a joke. I did not do this. Do not spend the day arguing tomorrow when that doesn't happen. If it miraculously does happen then give me the credit but recognize that you are giving me credit for something I didn't do (but you should anyways because I'm awesome).)

Steam profile
  • Options
    too late, i'm already voting kime for lying about vigging premium

• Options
    edited May 2023
    jdarksun wrote: »
    "Someone" being Gizzy in this case lol

Gizzy started the wagon, Infidel proposed a Phoenix-D counterwagon. Phoenix-D jumped on JayKaos, followed by - oh, hey, silence1186.

(third vote on the wagon? mafia.)

It was off to the races at that point. Heffing, spool32, AustinP0027, and HeavyVillain jumped on. There were a few votes in between, but it didn't really change things. Phoenix-D didn't get any more votes until Romantic Undead a couple hours ago.

By my count it's Gizzy, Lucedes, Phoenix, then me, Heffling (who switched later), spool, Austin, HeavyV.

But my thinking was either:

If Gizzy and Austin, who corroborated each other's PMs from Mamawolf, are telling the truth, Mamawolf aka Ratigan managed to seed the death of JayKaos from beyond the grave with their PMs from nights earlier, which is a Grand Plan if I ever heard one if Jay ends up village. If Jay is mafia then Mama probably just gave away too much in PMs.

Alternatively, if Gizzy and/or Austin didn't accurately represent a PM they may or may not have received, they set up JayKaos to die themselves.

I think that logic checks out?

silence1186 on
  • Options
    GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    I just found it odd that Mamawolf seemed to be messaging only people who voted for JayKaos to try to "understand why"
    She reached out to me, AustinP by mistake, and told AustinP she was trying to talk to Lucedes (I missed if Lucedes confirmed any kind of communication).

I guess she talked to Lostninja as well, but lostninja is on one of the mvibe lists and voted for Heffling which I don't understand.
    Maybe she reached out to every single person in PM about their votes? If so, it didn't seem like it from thread.

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    I'm playing around with some additional ways of recording vote counts. If you like my spreadsheets, check out Day 3 (prototype) and tell me what you think.

jdarksun on
  • Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Lucedes hasn't confirmed that I've seen yeah, so afaik it's just Gizzy and Austin so far reporting on these PMs. Which could just be a lie but honestly MamaWolf just doing that to try to fish out any networks is more likely, so if you're looking for mafia in that bandwagon they could be anywhere in the middle somewhere.

I'd be more annoyed if I thought anyone was setting me up intentionally but honestly this is probably just luck of the draw.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    I'm playing around with some additional ways of recording vote counts. If you like my spreadsheets, check out Day 3 (prototype) and tell me what you think.

Generally like this but I'm not following the "by" column and the blank lines.

• Options
    i don’t chat a ton in soft networks but mamawolf did reach out to me

nothing of real substance was said tho

• Options
    Column explanations:
    Timestamp - date and time the vote was made
    Vote - the vote made
    By (formerly "Player") - the player that voted
    Count - running total; the number of times the player in the Vote column has been voted at this point in time
    Duplicate? - error checking column; if this is "Yes" it means a player appears more than once in the By column
    Previous Vote - in the case that a player makes multiple Votes, this column contains the previous Vote made by a player
    Previous Vote By (formerly "By") - in the case that a player makes multiple Votes, this column contains the player that made the previous Vote

...I'm not actually sure I cleared anything up with that. :|

When somebody votes again, I copy that data out of the "Vote" and "By" columns so it isn't counted in the Count column. It gets archived in the Previous Vote and Previous Vote By columns.

• Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    I was going to call out premiums terrible vote post but I see that’s redundant now.

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    I feel like I may die today so putting it out there and hopefully I don’t get a special killed:

Spool feels rather engaged in neither a villager/special nor mafia way. A bit concerned they may be SK or neutral. Have been PMing but also their thread posts read this way to me.

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    HeavyVillainHeavyVillain Registered User regular
    edited May 2023
    Column explanations:
    Vote - the vote made
    Count - running total; the number of times the player in the Vote column has been voted at this point in time
    Duplicate? - error checking column; if this is "Yes" it means a player appears more than once in the By column
    Previous Vote - in the case that a player makes multiple Votes, this column contains the previous Vote made by a player
    Previous Vote By (formerly "By") - in the case that a player makes multiple Votes, this column contains the player that made the previous Vote

When somebody votes again, I copy that data out of the "Vote" and "By" columns so it isn't counted in the Count column. It gets archived in the Previous Vote and Previous Vote By columns.

I mean I'm not sure you cleared anything up either and I dont totally get it but enough babble, props for all the work the spreadsheet is very useful and you have our thanks!

HeavyVillain on
  • Options
    Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    Am I like the only person no one has contacted? Because that's kind of hilarious.

• Options
    Phoenix-D wrote: »
    Am I like the only person no one has contacted? Because that's kind of hilarious.
    Nah, people don't contact me either. I'm usually dead on Day 3 regardless.

• Options
    JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    Phoenix-D wrote: »
    Nah, people don't contact me either. I'm usually dead on Day 3 regardless.

I think this is why Infidel usually makes big swings/moves early in games. Obi too sometimes.

• Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    Column explanations:
    Vote - the vote made

Do you list the inactives?

• Options
    Heffling wrote: »
    Column explanations:
    Vote - the vote made

Do you list the inactives?

If you sort it by anything but the timestamp your count function breaks.

• Options
    Is it kosher to still talk about the game?

• Options
    Heffling wrote: »
    Is it kosher to still talk about the game?

Yes, traditionally you're fine to talk about the game in between vote close and the narration/results.

Steam profile
  • Options
    Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    THE DEAD SPEAK