As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Dog, Cats, and other pets

SASA Registered User regular
edited June 2007 in Social Entropy++
Hey guys.

My beagle just died like an hour ago. I'm super sad. He was (oh god I had to use past tense) pretty ill this past year, i.e. weak joints and several large benign tumors. This past week he stopped eating all his food so I knew something was up.

Today I watched him go outside, probably to take a piss, but something was wrong. I saw he was breathing funny and he stopped at the foot of the patio stairs. When I was about to go outside to check on him, I saw it happen. He fell down about 5 stairs onto his back. Yelling for my parents to come, I ran outside to his aid. He was urinating laying on back and seemed to be passed out. My father came out and helped me carry him to the car. I knew then that poor Chance wasn't going to be coming home.

At the vet, it was pretty clear that we needed to put him to sleep to ease his suffering. What followed was a bit a waiting and a touching farewell as the doctor injected him with the anesthetic and subsequently the needle that made him pass away.

R.I.P
Chance

1993-2007

:(

chance.gif

Feel free to post pictures and tell stories about your own pets to cheer me up.

WoW: Revash (Cho'Gall)
3DS: 5241-1953-7031
SA on

• Dublo7Dublo7 Registered User regular
    edited June 2007

That sucks man.

However, 14 years is pretty old for a dog, so you must have done a good job raising him.

Dublo7 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Aww. These threads always make me so sad.

Straightzi on
  • DavoidDavoid Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I'm sorry to hear that. The loss of a pet is always rough. There's just such an emotional bond...

I only really have one story along those lines, but it's not very good, or long... really, I had a cat that was in the family since I was born, and I must have been in grade 6 around this time, but I was leaving for school in the morning, and it ran up to me, so I picked it up, and, well, it just died right there. I remember staring at it, putting it down, and running directly to school.

Davoid on
    rqv6.png
  • SASA Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    He would have turned 14 later this month...

:(:(:(

SA on
  • I'd Fuck Chuck Lidell UpI'd Fuck Chuck Lidell Up Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I had a dog live to 16.

crazy having a dog all your life then it not being there

I'd Fuck Chuck Lidell Up on
  • STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Man, sorry to hear about your loss. I know it dosen't mean shit to you now, but you can take comfort in the fact that at least he isin't suffering anymore.

STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
    edited June 2007
    I used to have a mouse, which once survived a cat attack. The cat took his fucking eye, but I managed to run out and scare the prick away.
    Anyway, I used to carry this mouse around the house with me all the time. He's either just chill on my shoulder, or sit in my shirt pocket.
    One day I came home from school, and I went to give him some new feed. He was curled up in his tissues, stiff as a board, dead.
    I ran inside, started going insane and crying, I collapsed on a couch, and my mum asked me what was wrong. I just screamed "HE'S DEAD! HE'S FUCKING DEAD! AAAAAAAHHH".
    I loved that Mouse.

Dublo7 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2007
    I recall being in shock for the entire day too, and because I was always last to leave the house, and first to come home, I had to come home knowing the first thing I'd encounter would be... yea..

Davoid on
    rqv6.png
    edited June 2007
    Davoid wrote: »
    I recall being in shock for the entire day too, and because I was always last to leave the house, and first to come home, I had to come home knowing the first thing I'd encounter would be... yea..

Dublo7 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LemmingLemming Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I'm sorry to hear that. The loss of a pet is always rough. There's just such an emotional bond...

I only really have one story along those lines, but it's not very good, or long... really, I had a cat that was in the family since I was born, and I must have been in grade 6 around this time, but I was leaving for school in the morning, and it ran up to me, so I picked it up, and, well, it just died right there. I remember staring at it, putting it down, and running directly to school.

Oh my god

I'm sorry but I laughed at this

Lemming on
    edited June 2007
    I have a cat (who currently lives with my grandparents, because we live on a traffic busy street) that's lived for about 14 years. He's quite an angry cat but for some reason, he only shows affection to me and my grandparents.
    He's got a big lump on his chest, which the vet said cannot be removed, but is not endangering him. Because he's so old, chances are he wouldn't survive surgery anyway.
    Also, he's gone almost totally blind, but he can still manage to find his way around the house perfectly. It's quite incredible.
    I named him after Raphael, the ninja turtle.

Dublo7 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2007
    Lemming wrote: »

Oh my god

I'm sorry but I laughed at this

Yea, in retrospect it's sort of absurd. I mean, it took me like, a year to really get over it, but things get easier with time.

Davoid on
    rqv6.png
    edited June 2007
    Dublo7 wrote: »
    I have a cat (who currently lives with my grandparents, because we live on a traffic busy street) that's lived for about 14 years. He's quite an angry cat but for some reason, he only shows affection to me and my grandparents.
    He's got a big lump on his chest, which the vet said cannot be removed, but is not endangering him. Because he's so old, chances are he wouldn't survive surgery anyway.
    Also, he's gone almost totally blind, but he can still manage to find his way around the house perfectly. It's quite incredible.
    I named him after Raphael, the ninja turtle.

Actually, the whiskers on a cats face are great for sensory purposes. Detecting vibrations in the air and minute currents and that. Really gives them an edge.

Davoid on
    rqv6.png
  • CarnivoreCarnivore Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Cats > Dogs

Carnivore on
    hihi.jpg
  • TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited June 2007
    I have three dogs which are still alive so

y'know

obviously a much better pet owner

Tube on
  • ToastlyToastly Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    some one post sad dog

Toastly on
  • Water Polo GirlWater Polo Girl Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I work at a Vet hospital. Its always so sad to see people putting their animals asleep.

I'm sorry, dude.

Also, this is Atticus.
    picture129ao9.jpg

Water Polo Girl on
    Juggernaut, indeed.
  • SASA Registered User regular
    edited June 2007

y'know

:x

SA on
    edited June 2007
    SA wrote: »

y'know

If you want some hints man

I'll help you out

hint 1: try not to kill your pets

Tube on
  • FalloutFallout GIRL'S DAY WAS PRETTY GOOD WHILE THEY LASTEDRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    ...:|

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • ShenanigansShenanigans Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    My dog used to hunt and kill woodland creatures and once saved four girls from a pedophile that was advancing on them (with his dong hanging out of his zipper) but now he's old so he just kind of lies about now. He's still really awesome and totally chill.

Also, he loves Christmas and always opens his own presents. And for some reason always knows which ones are his.

Shenanigans on
  • StaleStale Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    This is my boy Frisco, he's an awesome Rottie, about 8 years old. Best damn guard dog ever. period.

DSC00344.jpg

This is my girl Katie, an awesome Redbone Coonhound, she's my little angel.

DSC00341.jpg

This was my little man Snatch. He was a mutt, runt of the litter. Sadly he never made it past puppy, but he was pretty adorable and went easy and without any pain from heart trouble.

DSC00323.jpg

I also now have a Corgi, named oddly enough, Corgi. No picture of him though.

I really miss my kids as they are back home with the wife in IL.

Stale on
    easysig2.jpg
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I have a sheltie

she is named mardi gras

she is adorable

PiptheFair on
  • SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Oh god that picture of Chance.

His face looks just like my dog.

He's a Beagle/Cocker Spaniel. And he's getting on in years. And he's overweight.

:(:(:(:(

Worries me.

SirToasty on
  • TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I've always had rabbits

They are pretty rad you guys

TheySlashThem on
  • UltimatePineappleUltimatePineapple Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    SirToasty wrote: »
    Oh god that picture of Chance.

His face looks just like my dog.

He's a Beagle/Cocker Spaniel. And he's getting on in years. And he's overweight.

:(:(:(:(

Worries me.

Hey Andrew

I forget which dog is that

Isnt that the one who killed the rabbits and that single raccoon?

UltimatePineapple on
    Sig.jpg
  • WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    edited June 2007

y'know

I'll help you out

you so silly

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
    edited June 2007
    rabbits are so fragile. you can look at them the wrong way and they'll die

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
  • GafotoGafoto Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I was browsing dog breeds online but the more I look at how every frigging purebred has some horrible problem, the more I just want to browse around and get a mutt. I really want a dog that is already housetrained and already around a year old so I know it won't actually turn into a damn great dane. I think I'd feel better about myself, having rescued an animal from possible death too.

Gafoto on
    sierracrest.jpg
    edited June 2007
    Wren wrote: »

y'know

I'll help you out

you so silly

uh so I read the thread properly and in the context of the dog being put down rather than dying of old age which I assumed, my comment about killing the pet was unimaginably cruel and uncalled for. So sorry.

Tube on
    edited June 2007

y'know

I'll help you out

you so silly

uh so I read the thread properly and in the context of the dog being put down rather than dying of old age which I assumed, my comment about killing the pet was unimaginably cruel and uncalled for. So sorry.

ha ha

inappropriate

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
  • CarnivoreCarnivore Registered User regular
    edited June 2007

y'know

I'll help you out

you so silly

ha ha

inappropriate

he's missing an O and a T in his title somewhere.

Carnivore on
    hihi.jpg
    edited June 2007
    uh, apologising doesn't preclude me from pouring wrath upon my lessers guys. I have a very small penis and am not afraid to take that out on forumers.

Tube on
  • SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I can't post about my dog to make you feel better, because she's still missing.

Argh fuck I made myself sad

Sheri on
    edited June 2007
    Sheri wrote: »

HAHA MY DOG IS STILL HERE BECAUSE HE LOVES ME THE MOST

I HAVE LEARNED NOTHING

Tube on
  • SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Sheri wrote: »

HAHA MY DOG IS STILL HERE BECAUSE HE LOVES ME THE MOST

I HAVE LEARNED NOTHING

I hate you, Tube.

You're not my real father!

Sheri on
  • HyperAquaBlastHyperAquaBlast Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    340673327_a9cd7f53e1_o.jpg

HyperAquaBlast on
    steam_sig.png