Options

[PAX Unplugged] 2023 - Tickets available now!

Crippl3Crippl3 ohnoRegistered User regular
edited July 2023 in Social Entropy++
pax-unplugged-logo.png?ssl=1

PAX Unplugged is the Tabletop PAX! Board Games, RPGs, Card Games, Puzzles, Miniatures, Wargames, as long as it's not a video game it's here! It's still got everything else PAX has, with a massive Freeplay area with a tabletop library you can check out all the games from, panels form people in the industry and fans talking about the hobby and the business, the Omegathon mystery tournament, Pinny Arcade trading, a huge expo hall full of vendors and game developers, overpriced food in the convention center right next to way better restaurants right next door, and tons more.
The show in Philadelphia at the Pennsylvania Convention Center on December 1-3. Tickets and hotels available now!
Tickets: https://www.showclix.com/event/pax-unplugged-2023-lihkjnh890nkjnz5jzb
Hotel booking: https://book.passkey.com/event/50565511/owner/14227/home

Anyway I'm going to this thing and I wanted to see if anyone else was, or was at least interested!

Crippl3 on

• Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    I went last year for just Saturday, then spent Sunday running around Philly with friends, and it was real fun. No concrete plans yet but I have to imagine I'll try and go again if at all possible

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited July 2023
    I've been to East a bunch and South (RIP) the last two times but never went to Unplugged, I got a chance because some of my family moved to the area and I was able to use that to convince my folks to go lol
    I'm excited, but somewhat nervous. I've been having a ton of issues with my back and my neck (major spinal issues) since 2020 or so, I have a lot of trouble standing or walking for more than just a couple minutes at a time. I really hope I can get myself into the shape I'll need to be in for this before December.

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    I am intrigued by this but really wish they'd go back to having PAXes at decent travel times

While Dec 1-3 is feasible in terms of timing for me, a Canadian, it seems that it is less so for those who celebrate US Thanksgiving

But it is also... December, in Philly. And East is now March, in Boston?? Who is booking these times??? May at least got you decent Boston weather.

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    UrielUriel Registered User regular
    How feasible is a drive from Toledo to Philly?

• Options
    edited July 2023
    How feasible is a drive from Toledo to Philly?

I do the drive from Baltimore to Detroit once in a while and that's basically the exact same route for a lot of it, it's not too bad as long as you take a couple good breaks -- thankfully the Pennsylvania turnpike through west/central PA has plenty of good places to stop without having to leave the toll zone. Western PA is also just a very pretty mountain drive.

Philly itself is a little intense to drive in but the public transit system is good so there's a real chance you could find a transit-accessible parking garage a few miles outside of the city and take a train in the last few miles

Edit: @Crippl3 the good news about Unplugged is that since it's mostly boardgame and tabletop demos, the whole con floor is designed around giving you places to sit and hang out a while to play games

Mortal Sky on
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    turns out I don't get to go to this
    my body fucking hates me and wants me to be in pain and die, my neck is quote "the neck of a 65 year old man" according to my pain doctor and I have arthritis in my spine so I can't fucking walk, I was supposed to get a mobility scooter but the ocmpany that sells them hasn't gotten back to me about it so I owuldn't be able to get around
    my folks say I shouldn't go because my neck is getting worse, I can barely move my right arm and my shoulder and arm and neck wont stop hurting for 3 days nothing fucking helps, we canceled our hotel and I'm giving my badge to the friend I was supposed to go with so he can take someone else

It's not fair why don't I get to go this was going to be a fun time I needed to go to this I was working on a new post and everything about the schedule and things to do

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    oh geez I'm so sorry dude, that's an absolute shit situation

I'll still be around, fairly open Friday afternoon/evening in particular since my partner's off playing Crokinole in a tournament

• Options
    I ended up playing beer pong last night in a South Philly basement, PAX Unplugged rules

• Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    Oh hey! If you’re at this go check out the wehrlegig games booth, I got to screen print some fun posters and booth decoration for them!

Also Molly house looks sick

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited December 2023
    They should schedule PAX Unplugged for a time that is less actively hostile imo

I would still kind of like to go, but December is a fucked up time to have a convention anywhere, let alone Philly

Maddoc on
  • Options
    Maddoc wrote: »
    They should schedule PAX Unplugged for a time that is less actively hostile imo

I would still kind of like to go, but December is a fucked up time to have a convention anywhere, let alone Philly

It's pretty nice out here right now honestly

Last night was a little cold and rainy but today is like 55° and no wind or rain to speak of

• Options
    I went to a really cool pinball arcade and they had board games like Pandemic and Codenames and chess, so I basically went to Unplugged today