As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Game On] XIII: Got Drunk Last Night and...Whoa, where'd this tattoo come from?

unpurposedunpurposed Registered User regular
edited June 2007 in Games and Technology
Inspired by the recent thread on best sequel-less games, I decided to make a thread on that cel-shaded of games: XIII.
g131.jpg

Taken from Wikipedia:

XIII (pronounced: Thirteen) is a first-person shooter video game released for PlayStation 2, GameCube, Xbox, Mac and the PC, and based on the Belgian XIII comic series. XIII was developed and published by Ubisoft and released on November 25, 2003. The game was published for Mac OS X by Feral Interactive. The PC DVD-ROM version has recently been re-released in the UK under the Sold-Out Software budget games label.
XIII.jpg

The plot of the game centers on the main character, who has awakened with amnesia. XIII is unique in that the characters and weaponry are cel-shaded, giving a deliberately comic book style appearance, including onomatopoeic words contained in bubbles for sound effects.
%5CXBOX%20XIII%20Multi.jpg

The story begins at Brighton Beach in Brooklyn, New York City where XIII awakes, badly wounded and with no memory of his past. The game roughly follows the storyline of the first five volumes of the comic (the first fifteen issues), although there are several additions to the storyline, and changes were made to better adapt the story to game format. The game ends at the exact point where the comic's fifth volume ended, and as such, the complete story is unfinished, leaving room for a sequel. Sales performance for XIII has been lower than expected, despite its positive reception (Game Rankings: 74%). As such, a sequel is unlikely, and no announcements have been made.

So in the interest of staying entertained, Game ON! The Ubisoft servers are still online and people still play online religiously.

Install your game and install the unofficial 1.4 patch from HERE

Have fun!

unpurposed on

• Options
    ScrabbleDudeScrabbleDude Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I need to finish this one. I got to a snow level and couldn't get past it, but always thought it was a fantastic game.

ScrabbleDude on
  • Options
    Smacky The FrogSmacky The Frog Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I was so hyped for this game when it came out.

I ended up being disappointed. It was a little bland and surprisingly generic for me.

Smacky The Frog on
    wahjahbanner.jpg
  • Options
    BallmanBallman Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I tried playing through this on the realistic mode, and just got my ass handed to me on that snow level. I went back a few weeks later and tried it on Arcade and just blew through the whole game. I'd say 74% is an apt rating for the game.

Ballman on
  • Options
    unpurposedunpurposed Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    It's not necessarily the best FPS out there, but I find it a welcome addition to a library of bland WWII shooters and the same old futuristic plot. Besides, it's just entertaining, and the soundtrack is one of the best I've heard for a game. Very involving.

unpurposed on