Options

[hole] chat

Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
What’s your best story about holes

My grandfather had a dirt business, with a GI BIll degree from Purdue in dirtology or something

He owned a bog in rural northeast Ohio, some diggers, a dozer, and a dump truck. He personally would dig up the bog, load his truck, and then bring it back to his 3-acre home in the middle of suburban Cleveland on a busy connector street, and dump mountains of premium top soil on his driveway where he would then have people drive by to ogle his dirt and ask for him to deliver some to their homes

So as a kid, I got to play on his giant piles of dirt, they seemed like 20 foot high piles back then but were probably about 8’-10’

…..anyway my best hole story is an anti-hole story I guess

• Options
    AvalonGuardAvalonGuard Registered User regular
    Piles are pretty good though, I lived at a place for a couple years as a kid where the snow plows would push all the snow on the street into one gigantic pile, and that was mad fun.

When we moved, we moved to a place where after a short walk in the woods, you ended up in a place where they were just starting some construction and there were many very large dirt piles. That was also mad fun.

• Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    Does it count as a hole if it's fully above ground and dug into a giant snow mound?

• Options
    Hell yeah it does

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    My favorite story about a hole?

Could be The Ladykillers...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNX6W0aXJqk

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    WAFFLES

• Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    what's the deepest hole you ever dug?

me and my friends did a 5x5x5, Holes style

• Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    personally, i think live through this was better than celebrity skin but i feel like i am in the minority here

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    I dug plenty of foxholes and never once found any foxes. I was lied to!

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    One year my sailing club requested volunteers to widen the channel at the mouth of the marina to make it easier to launch without running around

This entailed several hours of digging into the shingle at the bank of the channel and throwing it into the sea so that the tide would take it out

It was basically digging an amphibious hole

I used the time to rehearse my lines for A Midsummer Night's Dream, and I think the increased blood flow due to strenuous activity improved my retention, as I had all of Oberon's part ready by the end of the weekend

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    ProlegomenaProlegomena Frictionless Spinning The VoidRegistered User regular
    what was that move about the hole

• Options
    Sir PlatypusSir Platypus Registered User regular
    I feel like The Core should win by default.

• Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    We used to have a lab who was a chronic hole digger.

We had this s lawn with a manzanita in the middle of it.

One night, after feeding the horse, I walked back to the house across the lawn. When I passed the manzanita, the ground gave way and I ended up in a pit up to my waist.

The dog had dug *under the tree* and created a pit trap on the other side.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    HOLES?!?!?

• Options
    UrielUriel Registered User regular
    Dunkin calls em munchkins

• Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    I'm mad at Dunkin' for no longer bein' Donuts

they have forgotten the face of their father

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    816733502e78f64e1e6d851dbb490aac.jpg

I've got a hole in me pocket

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Let me tell you about a woman who dug a hole under her house a built a tunnel.

• Options
    Blake T wrote: »
    Let me tell you about a woman who dug a hole under her house a built a tunnel.

https://youtu.be/AoimD6X93yg?si=VTaPwl80sjLnwEBc

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    What does everyone think is the scariest kind of hole? Personally I find these always make my guts feel weird

g11p864ppl5v.jpg
    (picture source)

• Options
    It’s cause it’s a hole in a hole

• Options
    AlexandierAlexandier Registered User regular
    The Hole that Hungers

• Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    I always thought the comparisons between Love and Ono were unfair. Love was unconventional, sure, but she bought a raw emotion and pathos to her work that was noticeably lacking in Ono’s work.

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    Whole chat is more like it

• Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    What does everyone think is the scariest kind of hole? Personally I find these always make my guts feel weird

g11p864ppl5v.jpg
    (picture source)

Micro black hole

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular

g11p864ppl5v.jpg
    (picture source)

when they said don't go swimming after you just ate they weren't kidding, people

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Water is not to be trusted.

• Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    "Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    this is the thread where we get excited about dorohedoro season 2, right

uodr9chp1a0w.png

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    No clue what that is but sure I think I can be excited by that

• Options
    NeonHillZoneNeonHillZone Registered User regular
    No clue what that is but sure I think I can be excited by that

THAT’S
    DOROHEDORO

• Options
    A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    this thread reminded me of the excellent dorohedoro ops and eds and if they were on apple music

turns out they were!

Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
  • Options
    my favorite holes are often crevasses

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Mathematically that’s not a hole.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Neither are you but you don't see us sitting in judgment.

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    I think we are, maybe?

One long one

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    Quantum TigerQuantum Tiger Registered User regular
    The recent storms in the UK have knocked down a bit of my fence, rotten fence post is the culprit

In order to replace it I've had to dig a hole, then smash the concrete up with a new sledgehammer

I feel very powerful. Like I've done a good day's work

• Options
    Hooooooole