Options

[NFL] Thread: Snoop Dogg Likes Green

• Options
    PailryderPailryder Registered User regular
    st. louis already rejected spending money for a team, which is why the rams left i thought?

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Kansas does like to spite Missouri. Would they spend 1.5 Billion to do it?

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Moving the team to Topeka and being like “hey, we never specified which Kansas city”

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    Pailryder wrote: »
    st. louis already rejected spending money for a team, which is why the rams left i thought?

I thought the city did pay some money but then the new owner moved them anyway, because he was always going to. Didn’t he have to pay the city back after he moved the team?

• Options
    GyralGyral Registered User regular
    dlinfiniti wrote: »
    The niners can help subsidize their stadium for the low low price of Patrick mahomes and Chris Jones

To get them to play in SF or to get them to not play in the SB

Why not both?

25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • Options
    Marathon wrote: »
    Pailryder wrote: »

I thought the city did pay some money but then the new owner moved them anyway, because he was always going to. Didn’t he have to pay the city back after he moved the team?

huh, yeah the story is more interesting than i thought
    https://everythingmidwest.com/why-did-rams-leave-st-louis/

basically they were promised a new stadium and it was never delivered so the owner sued to get out of the contract, won, but also had to pay to leave...interesting all around. but also i would think that would make other owners leery of going to st louis

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    US TV markets larger than Kansas City (34) without an NFL team:

Orlando (15)
    Sacramento (20)
    Raleigh/Durham (22)
    Portland (23)
    St. Louis (24)
    Salt Lake City (27)
    San Diego (30)
    San Antonio (31)
    Hartford (32)
    Columbus (33)

Which doesn't mean much since an owner would move a team to a city that gives them a free $1bn stadium even if it was in fucking Fairbanks, Alaska.

• Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    All I know is if they move they should try to beat the Raven's move in cowardice
    It's been decades and no owner has tried to do anything like that since

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited April 5

Orlando (15)
    Sacramento (20)
    Raleigh/Durham (22)
    Portland (23)
    St. Louis (24)
    Salt Lake City (27)
    San Diego (30)
    San Antonio (31)
    Hartford (32)
    Columbus (33)

Which doesn't mean much since an owner would move a team to a city that gives them a free $1bn stadium even if it was in fucking Fairbanks, Alaska.
    Orlando not having a team does feel weird
    Sacramento would violate the unwritten "two teams max per state" rule
    Charlotte is right there
    Portland is too close to Seattle
    We just saw how St Louis turned out
    SLC is a no because Mormons don't go to things on Sunday
    San Diego similar reasons to St Louis
    San Antonio similar reasons to Sacramento
    Hartford is actually an interesting option
    Columbus people already have the misery of the Browns

ObiFett on
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Orlando feels weird but Sacramento is bad?

• Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular

Orlando (15)
    Sacramento (20)
    Raleigh/Durham (22)
    Portland (23)
    St. Louis (24)
    Salt Lake City (27)
    San Diego (30)
    San Antonio (31)
    Hartford (32)
    Columbus (33)

Columbus is a small market with three other smallish market teams within like two hours drive. With Detroit and Chicago in the neighborhood too. There's not a lot of uncommitted fans.

Ditto Hartford with New England, both New York teams and Buffalo sucking up the oxygen.

California already has three teams but the Chargers are irrelevant and moving to SD might get you a lot of spite fans on day one.

San Antonio looks a lot better on paper when Texas doesn't maybe have the best quarterback of the next generation under contract.

The Southeast is fairly saturated and college football is still a not so small factor when talking NC.

Portland locals and politicians likely make a lot of stink about the name.

Orlando won't but you'd be the fourth team in Florida, which is also cursed.

I think St Louis would work the best.

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Options

I literally forgot that Tampa Bay and Jacksonville exist :D

• Options
    Atlas in ChainsAtlas in Chains Registered User regular
    Send them to Paris and change the name to The Chefs.

• Options
    Send them to Paris and change the name to The Chefs.

Great googly moogly.

• Options
    MorganVMorganV Registered User regular

Yeah, Cali has three, had four. But Florida already has three. I know it's easy to forget. :)

And while distance isn't really a thing (most of the north east teams are comfortable day trip driving distances from at least one other), Orlando to Tampa being at just over 80 miles would be the closest of two teams that don't share a facility.

Oakland was (under 20 from SF), but that's no longer a thing.

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Los Jefes de Mexico City

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    lazegamerlazegamer The magnanimous cyberspaceRegistered User regular
    RedTide wrote: »

Orlando (15)
    Sacramento (20)
    Raleigh/Durham (22)
    Portland (23)
    St. Louis (24)
    Salt Lake City (27)
    San Diego (30)
    San Antonio (31)
    Hartford (32)
    Columbus (33)

Columbus is a small market with three other smallish market teams within like two hours drive. With Detroit and Chicago in the neighborhood too. There's not a lot of uncommitted fans.

Ditto Hartford with New England, both New York teams and Buffalo sucking up the oxygen.

California already has three teams but the Chargers are irrelevant and moving to SD might get you a lot of spite fans on day one.

San Antonio looks a lot better on paper when Texas doesn't maybe have the best quarterback of the next generation under contract.

The Southeast is fairly saturated and college football is still a not so small factor when talking NC.

NC could mostly give a flip about college football, it's basketball country. I don't think there is enough to split the fan base with Charlotte though.

I would download a car.
  • Options
    lazegamer wrote: »
    RedTide wrote: »

Orlando (15)
    Sacramento (20)
    Raleigh/Durham (22)
    Portland (23)
    St. Louis (24)
    Salt Lake City (27)
    San Diego (30)
    San Antonio (31)
    Hartford (32)
    Columbus (33)

NC could mostly give a flip about college football, it's basketball country. I don't think there is enough to split the fan base with Charlotte though.

You're also basically just splitting the Carolinas with the Panthers, you're otherwise surrounded.

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    edited April 5
    Columbus has a pro football team

We’re also like equidistant between not just Cleveland and Cincy, but also Pittsburgh, Indy, and Detroit

Besides the Buckeyes, I have 5 pro football teams all within a 2.5 hour drive from me. And 2 more 5 hours away. And 4 more 6 hours away. We can drive to 40% of NFL stadiums and come back after the game on the same day.

Basically what I’m getting at is Columbus is already the center of pro football

Captain Inertia on
  • Options
    edited April 5
    Columbus has a pro football team

We’re also like equidistant between not just Cleveland and Cincy, but also Pittsburgh, Indy, and Detroit

Besides the Buckeyes, I have 5 pro football teams all within a 2.5 hour drive from me. And 2 more 5 hours away. And 4 more 6 hours away. We can drive to 40% of NFL stadiums and come back after the game on the same day.

Basically what I’m getting at is Columbus is already the center of pro football

So, you're the Atlanta Delta Hub of football teams? Prominent for the ability to get the hell out of there and go somewhere interesting?

MorganV on
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular

Orlando (15)
    Sacramento (20)
    Raleigh/Durham (22)
    Portland (23)
    St. Louis (24)
    Salt Lake City (27)
    San Diego (30)
    San Antonio (31)
    Hartford (32)
    Columbus (33)

The Rams new Stadium in LA was financed privately. Kroenke wasn't chasing public money, he was chasing the chance at the second-largest sports market in the country and in hindsight it was ridiculous that the NFL didn't have a home team in that market as long as it did.

Not apologizing for Kroenke who is still a piece of shit, but I feel its important to point out that its possible to attract a pro sports franchise without gifting them billions of public dollars.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    And what owner would consider San Antonio without being gifted a stadium from public money?

If this were to play out a la the Kansas City Oakland Athletics, the team already tried to get the local municipal sack-o-cash. They could have tried to finance their own and didn't.

Some think part of the issue was that the extension was tied to both teams. And that if they'd been separated it might have turned out differently. No word on which team would have benefitted more favorably.

Either way, I expect the Chiefs to try again for public funding and succeed (They're a good team!) and the Royals end up in Portland or Buffalo or Albuquerque or some other place (Because they suck!)

• Options
    Butters wrote: »

Orlando (15)
    Sacramento (20)
    Raleigh/Durham (22)
    Portland (23)
    St. Louis (24)
    Salt Lake City (27)
    San Diego (30)
    San Antonio (31)
    Hartford (32)
    Columbus (33)

The Rams new Stadium in LA was financed privately. Kroenke wasn't chasing public money, he was chasing the chance at the second-largest sports market in the country and in hindsight it was ridiculous that the NFL didn't have a home team in that market as long as it did.

Not apologizing for Kroenke who is still a piece of shit, but I feel its important to point out that its possible to attract a pro sports franchise without gifting them billions of public dollars.

I dunno, I think the use of it as bait was very important. How many teams got public funding for new stadiums because the demands were "or we'll move to L.A."?

But also, while L.A. might be a large market, it didn't have a great history with turning that market share into dollars.

I mean, if it wasn't for the McVay miracle run (one losing season, five playoffs, two SB and a ring), would anyone really give a shit about the Rams who wasn't already invested?

The Chargers frequently get outnumbered by their opponent's fans.

Having a big market doesn't matter that much if the audience aren't interested. And given how many people in LA are transplants, they often bring their teams with them.

So while it was weird that they didn't get a team for as long as they did, it doesn't surprise me.

• Options
    The NFL needed LA more than LA needed the NFL.

• Options
    The Chargers are another story because they headed North with their tail in between their legs and had to beg for couch space from the Rams; a team that used to call LA home after all

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    Kane Red RobeKane Red Robe Master of Magic ArcanusRegistered User regular
    The Chargers are another story because they headed North with their tail in between their legs and had to beg for couch space from the Rams; a team that used to call LA home after all

Yeah the San Diego Chargers were never going to have a lot of fans in Los Angeles. LA and SD do not have high opinions of one another.

• Options

Yeah the San Diego Chargers were never going to have a lot of fans in Los Angeles. LA and SD do not have high opinions of one another.

And the Rams planned their move for years while it seemed the Chargers ownership always expected that SD officials would cave and LA was a hastily planned option B.

• Options
    ESPN extends their deal with Peyton Manning's production company to 2034. So, at least there will likely be more Manningcasts in the future.

• Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    edited April 11
    One of the more...infamous alumni of my alma mater is dead, as OJ Simpson passes from cancer at 76.

Edit: This thread is a good explanation of why his criminal acquittal was celebrated, particularly in the Black community. It's worth reading.

AngelHedgie on
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    NFL teams trying to talk themselves into Spencer Rattler is hilarious. Currently thought of in the second round.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Not a doctor Tree townRegistered User regular
    One of the more...infamous alumni of my alma mater is dead, as OJ Simpson passes from cancer at 76.

Edit: This thread is a good explanation of why his criminal acquittal was celebrated, particularly in the Black community. It's worth reading.

Fuck...cancer?? Maybe not, this one time.

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    It got Rush Limbaugh too

somehow still NFL related

• Options

Nah, fuck cancer.

• Options

Nah, fuck cancer.

Sometimes bothsideserism is appropriate.

Like Wagner marching on Moscow.

Or McCarthy v Gaetz.

• Options
    edited April 11
    look, sometimes i just want funny news, not angry news ok?

Pailryder on
  • Options
    Okay...

Rodgers did a podcast were he Rodger'd it up. So, fuck that asshole. No more mentions until he at least takes a fifth snap.

• Options
  • Options
    Okay...

Rodgers did a podcast were he Rodger'd it up. So, fuck that asshole. No more mentions until he at least takes a fifth snap.

omg I looked up the transcript and that guy is so far off the deep-end that I'm drowning in self-righteousness being proven right for hating the guy the entire time he was on the Packers. He always seemed so slimy to me and I was fucking correct from the beginning

• Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    edited April 12
    Sure, liking good things is great, but have you tried being right about hating bad things when everyone else still liked them?

Shadowen on
  • Options
    Hey, guys! Brady totes wants to honour the mega-million FOX broadcast contract!

But, hey, you know, if any winning team wants to sign him for a playoff run, he'd be interested.

Here's the deal, Tom... You retire, and then we all move on to the next hotness. And you can spend the rest of eternity being called the GOAT because you won so many Super Bowls. Even if somebody comes along and collects better overall stats than you. Because team-backed results are the only thing that will matter, somehow. Cool?