Options

[NFL] Thread: Snoop Dogg Likes Green

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    The skyline chili looking like diarrhea fired from a blunderbus is sublime.
    Skyline Chili, is just chili Mac but worst.

• Options
    marajimaraji Registered User regular
    This is so dumb

Using the Sims allowed them to do some very funny things

Besides, Indianapolis did theirs in Farming Simulator 22

It was a complete miss for me, but I’ll admit that I’m probably not the target audience.

• Options
    Atlas in ChainsAtlas in Chains Registered User regular
    admanb wrote: »
    Or I checked the list and saw exactly how many current players both games have. You can aim your marketing at 30k people world wide, but I might try to be relevant to Los Angeles.

30k simultaneous players on a weekday at 1pm isn’t “30k people worldwide.”

30k is its peak for the last month. I'm sure this is the best pick for a city of 3.8 million. Couldn't be beat, no notes, I'm off to play Candy Crush Saga.

• Options
    PailryderPailryder Registered User regular
    you don't need the currently played to be 1 billion people. There's a reason they picked the Sims. Age demographic, along with notoriety = funny + good

• Options
    TicaldfjamTicaldfjam Snoqualmie, WARegistered User regular
    edited May 17
    Geez Aaron, since you love Vlad so fucking much , why not just take your ass to Russia.

Preferably in a High Rise, with Windows with nice views, just in case.

When I'm lamenting on goddamned Brett Farve , you done fucked up.

Ticaldfjam on
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Some NFL exec has basically confirmed he's the reason why the team is so heavy on national TV.

Remember kids: it was Kaep who was a real distraction!

• Options
    edited May 17
    Some NFL exec has basically confirmed he's the reason why the team is so heavy on national TV.

Remember kids: it was Kaep who was a real distraction!

Is there an NFL player of Ukrainian ethnicity playing? Give em a free shot at Aaron, just saying.

Ticaldfjam on
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Only three born in Ukraine. None active. Don't know about any with Ukrainian descent.

• Options
    here's your interesting stat of the day. of the 4 teams in the afc east, the jets rank 5th in division titles (the colts used to be in the east)

• Options
    Also, WTF NY Giants. You play in the NHL now?

The Nike NY Giants City Unis are LMFAO horrible.

• Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    Ticaldfjam wrote: »

The ones for their 100th anniversary? Yeah, those are ugly as hell

• Options
    MorganVMorganV Registered User regular
    Grossi did a "Teams react to schedule" video, and I thought he was making a funny with the Steelers bemoaning their end of season schedule. Then I looked, and fuck me.

In their last eight games, they play their entire division twice, the Eagles (at Philly), and the Chiefs in Week 17 (which is usually a round they're still playing for 1st seed).

BAL, @CLE, @CIN, CLE, @PHI, @BAL, KC, CIN.

That's kinda absurd. Sure, their early schedule isn't as bad, but that's a gruelling EoY.

• Options
    MorganV wrote: »
    Grossi did a "Teams react to schedule" video, and I thought he was making a funny with the Steelers bemoaning their end of season schedule. Then I looked, and fuck me.

In their last eight games, they play their entire division twice, the Eagles (at Philly), and the Chiefs in Week 17 (which is usually a round they're still playing for 1st seed).

BAL, @CLE, @CIN, CLE, @PHI, @BAL, KC, CIN.

That's kinda absurd. Sure, their early schedule isn't as bad, but that's a gruelling EoY.

I really feel that off Sunday games should have an offset. They get to go on the road December 21st and 25th, Saturday and Wednesday. Teams should never have only 3 off days between games, that's terrible for them and it's a shit product anyway. Thursday football sucks.

• Options
    Marathon wrote: »
    Ticaldfjam wrote: »

The ones for their 100th anniversary? Yeah, those are ugly as hell

I think they're better than the bumble bees. But it still isn't a great look.

• Options
    Greg Olsen won the Sports Emmy yesterday for event analyst. That's not NFL specific, he's the best analyst in sports. Another network should poach him for their top spot because he's going to be wasted with his coming demotion.

• Options
    Greg Olsen won the Sports Emmy yesterday for event analyst. That's not NFL specific, he's the best analyst in sports. Another network should poach him for their top spot because he's going to be wasted with his coming demotion.

Yeah, I really hope he goes somewhere else, and Brady stinks.

You can hire Brady. But having him leapfrog to the front of the line with next to zero experience in the role, and with not much more experience being personable (I've always found him to be a smug humorless prick, but I admit to a bias there), just feels insulting to someone who's proven themselves.

This isn't a rookie taking over for an aging veteran. This is paying a rookie what, 10 times as much, to take the job of the MVP.

• Options
    HeirHeir Ausitn, TXRegistered User regular
    With Brady being hired, what is Olsen being demoted to?

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    Brady doesn't even come off as smug for me. His entire crafted facade is somehow more boring and fake then A-rods.

Like I can tolerate arrogance to a certain point because he was legitimately great. There's just nothing there to react to

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Heir wrote: »
    With Brady being hired, what is Olsen being demoted to?

Not on the national/“game of the week” team

• Options
    GyralGyral Registered User regular
    So, not on Cowboys games like 50% of the time.

25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • Options
    I mean, Greg called the Super Bowl. That's not going to team 2, ever.

• Options
    Chicago selected for Hard Knocks.

• Options
    https://www.espn.com.au/nfl/story/_/id/40276938/sources-49ers-give-christian-mccaffrey-2-year-38m-extension
    "49ers reward RB Christian McCaffrey with 2-year extension"
    Reigning Offensive Player of the Year Christian McCaffrey once again has reset the running back market, signing a two-year extension with the San Francisco 49ers averaging $19 million per year, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter on Tuesday.

Running backs are definitely undervalued. I may not be a 49ers fan, but I definitely respect what McCaffrey has done, and he deserves all of this.

It helps that they're paying their QB nothing. So might as well frontload this while you can. Though you gotta feel for Purdy, given what QB's typically get.

• Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    Chicago selected for Hard Knocks.

Makes sense. Between the team showing some signs of improvement and after this offseason the Bears are about the most interesting going into the season as I can ever remember.

• Options
    MorganV wrote: »
    https://www.espn.com.au/nfl/story/_/id/40276938/sources-49ers-give-christian-mccaffrey-2-year-38m-extension
    "49ers reward RB Christian McCaffrey with 2-year extension"
    Reigning Offensive Player of the Year Christian McCaffrey once again has reset the running back market, signing a two-year extension with the San Francisco 49ers averaging $19 million per year, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter on Tuesday.

Running backs are definitely undervalued. I may not be a 49ers fan, but I definitely respect what McCaffrey has done, and he deserves all of this.

It helps that they're paying their QB nothing. So might as well frontload this while you can. Though you gotta feel for Purdy, given what QB's typically get.

That team knows its window is NOW. In two years, Trent Williams will retire and they won't be able to afford to keep half of their vets.

25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • Options
    lazegamerlazegamer The magnanimous cyberspaceRegistered User regular
    You don't let one of the best RB's to ever play the game walk out the door.

Unless you're stupid. Stupid Panthers.

I would download a car.
  • Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Not a doctor Tree townRegistered User regular
    edited June 4
    lazegamer wrote: »

CMC, DJ Moore, Caleb Williams

Vs

Bryce Young

I know that’s not necessarily how it would have played out, but still…

Doctor Detroit on
  • Options
    lazegamer wrote: »

CMC, DJ Moore, Caleb Williams

Vs

Bryce Young

I know that’s not necessarily how it would have played out, but still…

The problem is, we're likely never going to know if Young is any good, or if like several other teams before them, a top ranked prospect installed without any help on a team so bad that they deserved to be eligible for the first pick, flames out.

I mean, he's on his third head coach. And second OC. Anyone that got recruited the year prior, is on their FIFTH Coach, THIRD OC.

That's gonna stunt development.

Will Bryce Young be a failure? Maybe. Probably. But the deck has been stacked against him being anything but.

• Options
    Unfortunately, that's the team David Tepper deserves. It's like he's trying to Major League the Panthers.

25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    edited June 5
    A lot of these issues feel like the front office meddling. Many teams Spend their draft Capital on a quarterback, before they are ready for that. Carolina has so many needs they need to plug their lines, both offense and defense they running backs wide receivers tight ends, I think they even need a fucking kicker. They really just need a new football team. Drafting a quarterback when they did was really not necessary, they should’ve traded down and filled as many gaps as possible. Spend a couple years, actually rebuilding, instead of throwing a quarterback into the Meat grinder.

zepherin on
  • Options
    zepherin wrote: »
    A lot of these issues feel like the front office meddling. Many teams Spend their draft Capital on a quarterback, before they are ready for that. Carolina has so many needs they need to plug their lines, both offense and defense they running backs wide receivers tight ends, I think they even need a fucking kicker. They really just need a new football team. Drafting a quarterback when they did was really not necessary, they should’ve traded down and filled as many gaps as possible. Spend a couple years, actually rebuilding, instead of throwing a quarterback into the Meat grinder.

Part of it as well, is that you don't need to draft a QB that early. I've gone over this in the past, but Mahomes was pick 10. Rodgers in the 20's. Brady famously near the end.

Going back to 2009 and Stafford (oldest player still playing), only Cam Newton once, Andrew Luck once, and Joe Burrow twice, have made it deep into the playoffs, as a QB for the team that drafted them.

You need a talented QB to go far. Especially repeatedly. You don't do it by drafting a potential with nothing around him. Newton had Olsen and a stacked defence. Burrows has a stacked roster. Andrew Luck... well, there's a reason he retired.

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Bryce was always a shot in the dark even if he went to a team like the 49ers. He's really really small for an NFL QB.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    Oh no
    Not CMC
    fuckin EA
    Haven't his tendons been through enough

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    The #Jaguars have reached a deal with their star QB Trevor Lawrence. Sources says they are giving the former No. 1 pick a 5-year extension worth $275M — $55M a year — with $200M guaranteed and $142M fully.
    https://x.com/RapSheet/status/1801385458272027119

• Options
    Pailryder wrote: »
    The #Jaguars have reached a deal with their star QB Trevor Lawrence. Sources says they are giving the former No. 1 pick a 5-year extension worth $275M — $55M a year — with $200M guaranteed and $142M fully.
    https://x.com/RapSheet/status/1801385458272027119

Let's ignore how big an impact that paying this much for one position does when you're trying to build a team around him.

The fact that there's nearly $60M in difference in "guaranteed money", is just so fucking dumb.

That's also ignoring the fact that these contracts almost never complete. EoY3 they're gonna look to renegotiate, even if it takes another year or so.

• Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Apparently, the Colts aren't able to use Lucas Oil Stadium at the moment due to water on the field.

An Olympic size pool's worth, as they're using it for the swimming trials.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    They shouldn’t need it right now, should they? Everyone’s in camp and there aren’t any games scheduled for a few more months.

Don’t most teams have a practice facility separate from the stadium?

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    Joke post is joke post.

• Options
    Hah, I saw this in the comments of Draw Play, and I'm wondering if it'll be a factor.

The Eagles/Packers game in Brazil is gonna be in the Corinthians Arena, in São Paulo. One of their biggest rivals is Palmeiras.
    The rivalry between the two clubs is considered Brazil's greatest, and the most intense in country, entering the conversation of being one of the biggest rivalries in the world, and considerably one of the oldest as well. Their matches are known as the Paulista Derby.

Here's the Palmeiras kit.
    3ybksd1euogb.png

I'm sure nothing untoward will happen. Because as the world knows, soccer fans have a reputation for being the most rational and level-headed of fans, especially when it comes to dealing with hated rivals.

Weirdly enough, here's one of the Corinthians shirts.
    t0ycuhwnfq5e.png

So maybe the only group that won't get boos will be the refs?

• Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited June 14
    do we think Brazilians don't know the difference between the two sports and will be enraged by the sight of a color like they were bulls charging a matador?

admanb on