Options

Final Fantasy VII: Rebirth With a Vengeance

• Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Also, finished a certain grasslands side quest and was again confronted with someone making a clearly false statement about one of my party members. Actually, I had to Google it to see if maybe it wasn’t just a character doing a bit and maybe I was wrong.
    m8dmqjdpvktm.jpeg

At least I wasn’t the only one second guessing myself!

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod
    yeah his design is ambiguously canine and feline
    no you do not ever find out if he's a dog or a cat, he's whatever species that he is

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    He’s clearly a cat! Drives me nuts! Also be very careful googling anything about this game. I got spoiled just going to bloody igns main page

• Options
    I have always seen him 100% as a cat and I assumed the farmer thing was just a bit and Red was going to complain about it.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod
    his head is kind of dog shaped, long snout. He's probably supposed to be more of a cat but Nomura was not great at drawing cats in 1994-5 I guess.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Red XIII is a Red XIII

But that is definitely feline

• Options
    LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
    Felicanis Ignis

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    He's a lab-rat-dog.

• Options
    I hope there’s some reflection on (spoilers for remake)
    jessie dying
    at some point in this story, just a line would be nice

• Options
    edited March 4
    Man I don’t get fort condor at all, the second battle is impossible

Nevermind just beat it, with like 2 seconds to spare

Prohass on
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Prohass wrote: »
    Man I don’t get fort condor at all, the second battle is impossible

The only one that gave me any problem was the last one. Main thing is to pay attention to the rock, paper, scissor stuff, don’t forget to throw out a cleric once in awhile, and time your heroes for key moments.

• Options
    never dienever die Registered User regular
    Chapter 5, I lost my shit:
    At this Chester Cheeto look Red was sporting:

lscdk3kr2chy.jpeg

• Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    Red straight-up howls like a wolf at times

• Options
    You mean meowing

• Options
    Cats howl. You want to see a cat howl? I’ll show you a cat howl!

• Options
    Junon spoilers

• Options
    BadablackBadablack Registered User regular
    I guess FF15 had to crawl so that this game could run, because this does open world a million times better than that ever did.

FC: 1435-5383-0883
  • Options
    Badablack wrote: »
    I guess FF15 had to crawl so that this game could run, because this does open world a million times better than that ever did.
    I do miss drop ships tho. I feel like random helicopters dropping off shinra troops would’ve been perfect here

• Options
    edited March 4
    Man the vr challenge where you have to stagger enemies, but they’re so damn weak that if you use elements that stagger them, those elements kill them.

Edit And as is tradition I got it just after complaining

Prohass on
  • Options
    v8ij6ekdtkvh.jpeg

Imma call Rebirth “7 New” now

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited March 4
    Man the vr challenge where you have to stagger enemies, but they’re so damn weak that if you use elements that stagger them, those elements kill them

Any chance the elemental abilities might be in the sweet spot still?

EDIT: alternately would swapping to dynamic difficulty buff them enough to survive?

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited March 4
    Lanz wrote: »
    Man the vr challenge where you have to stagger enemies, but they’re so damn weak that if you use elements that stagger them, those elements kill them

Any chance the elemental abilities might be in the sweet spot still?

EDIT: alternately would swapping to dynamic difficulty buff them enough to survive?

Yeah clouds like air whoosh attacks and the sonic boom ability did it

I’m confused by the parade formations, do I wanna make it easier or harder?

Prohass on
  • Options
    edited March 4
    Junon spoilers
    i swear some of these parade button presses I’m getting dead on and it still misses, and I wish restarting it didn’t require skipping the cutscene every time

Ah well super goofy fun. I assume you just need more positive votes than negative?

Edit oh dang I lost the shinra Oscar’s

Redid it and got 100,000, hopefully that’s enough for them to love me, really love me!

Prohass on
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Can't say enough how good the music is in this

• Options
    BadablackBadablack Registered User regular
    My one single negative with this game is the moogles. These are the most awful moogles I have ever seen in any final fantasy game.

FC: 1435-5383-0883
  • Options
    edited March 4
    My one single negative with this game is the moogles. These are the most awful moogles I have ever seen in any final fantasy game.

That’s pretty harsh kupo

Also junon
    my poor 7th infantry lads, i looked after you so well, you danced and I gave you potions, you’re my boy blue!

Sunrise, sunset

Prohass on
  • Options
    Made it to the outskirts of Junon.

Man, this game is so good looking. The art direction on these cities is fantastic.

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Under Junon, live footage of Aerith and Priscilla

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular

The moogles in this game look like Hojo hybridized a Koala and the Snuggle Bear.

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    I consistently hate moogles so these ones honestly didn't even chart

• Options
    I’m up to costa del and I’m hoping that (remake spoilers)
    at some point they mention or have a kind of remembrance thing for Jessie, like I’m pretty sure they know 100% that she died right? So it’s weird that they haven’t really taken time to mention her

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    I’m up to costa del and I’m hoping that (remake spoilers)
    at some point they mention or have a kind of remembrance thing for Jessie, like I’m pretty sure they know 100% that she died right? So it’s weird that they haven’t really taken time to mention her
    If you want a status check on this based on my playtime so far (just got through Gold Saucer)
    Yeah, they give her a pretty nice callout while you're running around the saucer

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    Writing annoyance, part 2.

When accepting the quest: "They're a real mysterious one, that merc, they really are."

When completing the quest: "She's a real female merc that girl, aint her."

• Options
    Ribbit

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    I just realized there’s no soccer ball mini game in Costa Del Sol!

It’s the first thing the game has missed that I was expecting.

Unless something comes up later

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    My only gripe about Fort Condor is that the way the hero system works is dumb. Just let us have all three heroes!

The way the minigame works you can only realistically get enough energy built up to deploy two, and which two you get is going to strongly depend on what rock-paper-scissors units you deploy to counter the enemy, so having you pick heroes in advance is silly because all you're really doing is gambling if you haven't played the map before (after which it's trivial to know what you'll need to deploy)

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    My hot take is that the only moogles worth a damn are the FFVI ones.

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    DJ Eebs wrote: »
    Can't say enough how good the music is in this

It makes just running through fields that much better.

And speaking of music all the different battle tracks(so many different ones!?!) That play during the battle simulator are bangers.

• Options
    Have Barret occasionally hum the victory melody at the end of a fight is also just the best little touch and I’m glad they kept that around from Remake.