As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[chat] With the Lower Decks

OrcaOrca Also known as EspressosaurusWrexRegistered User regular
edited March 3 in Debate and/or Discourse
Choose your favorite Star Trek character of ALL TIME

For the best Star Trek series of ALL TIME

Why should you watch Lower Decks?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oeBLLgq3b8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lz9HQlx2Nec

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHVQ2BckZn4

Orca on

[chat] With the Lower Decks 51 votes

Beckett Mariner
9%
QuidLoren Michaelvalhalla130AtomikaPowerpuppies 5 votes
Brad Boimler
9%
JacobkoshPeewiJokermanDonkey KongGiantGeek2020 5 votes
D'Vana Tendi
31%
see317RichyWeaverdlinfinitiRhesus PositiveGnome-Interruptusoverride367BurnageSealOrcaAuralynxSnicketysnickKanaTuminYoshisummonsHavelock2.0 16 votes
Sam Rutherford
1%
MrMister 1 vote
Carol Freeman
1%
[Expletive deleted] 1 vote
Jack Ransom
1%
jungleroomx 1 vote
Shaxs
15%
NoneoftheaboveelectricitylikesmeHaphazardamateurhourHevachMazzyxzepherinmaraji 8 votes
T'Ana
9%
ElldrenAiouaHahnsoo1InfamyDeferredEuclid 5 votes
T'Lyn
9%
P10TubularLuggagehlprmnkyEddySneaks 5 votes
Peanut Hamper
7%
MulysaSemproniusHappylilElfdurandal4532Zilla360 4 votes

• HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    NO CHANUS??

PSN: Honkalot
  • OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    D'Vana Tendi
    Honk wrote: »
    NO CHANUS??

Chanus plays Peanut Hamper.

• A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    I don’t know who any of these are

Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
  • amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Shaxs
    FUUUUUUUUUUUCK I need to think about this.

are YOU on the beer list?
    D'Vana Tendi
    I don’t know who any of these are

Well maybe you should watch Lower Decks!

• AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    T'Ana
    T'ana is, indeed, the best.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Shaxs
    I voted

are YOU on the beer list?
  • TuminTumin Registered User regular
    D'Vana Tendi
    I dont wash the lower deck and I sure as heck wont look at it

D'Vana Tendi
    Aioua wrote: »
    T'ana is, indeed, the best.
    I voted

Now kiss!

• MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    Platypus > panda > koala

• syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited March 3
    I fell into a weird YouTube hole where a black guy who had never experienced rage against the machine but started a series on listening to music where he is reaching cross the aisle to listen to rock/white stuff, and three episodes in he decided to listen to killing in the name of.

And on the second verse it clicked. Like - on camera “some of those who work forces…”

and now rage is this guy’s favorite band and has just chased it for song after song.

And his love is absolutely genuine and I fucking love it.

YouTube has really changed couch surfing, huh.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
    D'Vana Tendi
    Mim wrote: »
    Platypus > panda > koala

Yeah I mean I think thats probably the best order to have them thrown into the spike pit

• Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    D'Vana Tendi
    Tendi is waifu

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe
    D'Vana Tendi
    Maybe throw Havelock in first

D'Vana Tendi
    Tendi is waifu

HOW DARE YOU TALK ABOUT THE MISTRESS OF THE WINTER CONSTELLATIONS WITH SUCH FAMILIARITY!

• jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Jack Ransom
    Dragons Dogma 2 has me fascinated.

The fact you can get done with a horrible battle by the skin of your teeth and still be in danger is awesome. The survival aspects of it are unique for an open world action rpg and I love the fact that planning and preparation is important here. They also made fast travel costly as fuck, camping dangerous if you do it in the same spot over and over, and portable tents/campground stuff extremely heavy.

• Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    edited March 3
    D'Vana Tendi
    I love that her and Sam freak out about holding hands and at the end think nothing of laying on top of each other in a crawlspace while they work

I am rooting hard for that ship

Havelock2.0 on
    D'Vana Tendi
    Holy shit what is this Platoon cast

D'Vana Tendi
    I love that her and Sam freak out about holding hands and then at the end are comfortable laying on top of each other in a crawlspace while they work

At the same time I hope they only ship that ship on like the last episode of the last season of the show

• EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Hear ye, hear ye. I'm officially promoting Bumble Match to the rank of Hungarian Girl.

• HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I thought lower decks was the show with people working the rich people yachts

PSN: Honkalot
    D'Vana Tendi
    Tumin wrote: »
    Holy shit what is this Platoon cast

I never knew that was Robert Downy Junior!

• OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited March 3
    syndalis wrote: »
    I fell into a weird YouTube hole where a black guy who had never experienced rage against the machine but started a series on listening to music where he is reaching cross the aisle to listen to rock/white stuff, and three episodes in he decided to listen to killing in the name of.

And on the second verse it clicked. Like - on camera “some of those who work forces…”

and now killing is this guy’s favorite band and has just chased it for song after song.

this is a really popular genre of youtube video- so and so listens to popular whatever for the first time. and at least for me, my algorithm only ever feeds me black people doing this sort of reaction. i think it's for the novelty of it- white people enjoy with a sort of benevolent, condescending pride as a 24 year old black dude hears skynyrd for the first time. it's also a genre where you really, really want to follow the don't-read-comments rule. i never really see hateful racism but there's tons of cringey and clunky THIS IS WHAT GOOD MUSIC USED TO SOUND LIKE. SEEING YOUR JOY AT HEARING IT MADE ME WANT TO CRY BECAUSE THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN WE DON'T DIVIDE EACH OTHER, WE CAN COME TOGETHER ACROSS THE DECADES BY THE POWER OF REAL MUSIC, UNLIKE THE NOISE TODAY

63 year old bill from ohio i need you to never type that ever again

Organichu on
    D'Vana Tendi
    Orca wrote: »
    I love that her and Sam freak out about holding hands and then at the end are comfortable laying on top of each other in a crawlspace while they work

At the same time I hope they only ship that ship on like the last episode of the last season of the show

Just Ross and Rachel it the entire way?

You goddamn monster

Echo wrote: »
    Hear ye, hear ye. I'm officially promoting Bumble Match to the rank of Hungarian Girl.

hmmm i just had my best first date in a long time the other day. up next, on this season of Mods Find Love????..

• EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    T'Lyn
    I have no clue who these people (organisms?) are so I voted based on linguistic euphony and likely sexiness.

It came down to T'Ana (naturally euphonic and flowing even with that apostrophe) and T'Lyn, who I assume is the hotter T'Ana.

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
    D'Vana Tendi
    Organichu wrote: »
    Echo wrote: »

hmmm i just had my best first date in a long time the other day. up next, on this season of Mods Find Love????..

So the first step to finding love is to become a mod?

hm

guess I'm okay being single then

edited March 3
    D'Vana Tendi
    Maybe a nice Jewish boy could do the RATM bit on Youtube

as a treat

Tumin on
  • syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular

and now killing is this guy’s favorite band and has just chased it for song after song.

this is a really popular genre of youtube video- so and so listens to popular whatever for the first time. and at least for me, my algorithm only ever feeds me black people doing this sort of reaction. i think it's for the novelty of it- white people enjoy with a sort of benevolent, condescending pride as a 24 year old black dude hears skynyrd for the first time. it's also a genre where you really, really want to follow the don't-read-comments rule. i never really see hateful racism but there's tons of cringey and clunky THIS IS WHAT GOOD MUSIC USED TO SOUND LIKE. SEEING YOUR JOY AT HEARING IT MADE ME WANT TO TRY BECAUSE THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN WE DON'T DIVIDE EACH OTHER, WE CAN COME TOGETHER ACROSS THE DECADES BY THE POWER OF REAL MUSIC, UNLIKE THE NOISE TODAY

Oh no. No.

Like - I’ve been this guy tho.

Like, in Serbia and hearing an absolute fucking banger of their region that would have been my jam but for exposure.

I think this might tickle me differently.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
    D'Vana Tendi
    Eddy wrote: »
    I have no clue who these people (organisms?) are so I voted based on linguistic euphony and likely sexiness.

It came down to T'Ana (naturally euphonic and flowing even with that apostrophe) and T'Lyn, who I assume is the hotter T'Ana.

You dun goofed, friendo

You could have been an angry cat doctor

this is a really popular genre of youtube video- so and so listens to popular whatever for the first time. and at least for me, my algorithm only ever feeds me black people doing this sort of reaction. i think it's for the novelty of it- white people enjoy with a sort of benevolent, condescending pride as a 24 year old black dude hears skynyrd for the first time. it's also a genre where you really, really want to follow the don't-read-comments rule. i never really see hateful racism but there's tons of cringey and clunky THIS IS WHAT GOOD MUSIC USED TO SOUND LIKE. SEEING YOUR JOY AT HEARING IT MADE ME WANT TO TRY BECAUSE THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN WE DON'T DIVIDE EACH OTHER, WE CAN COME TOGETHER ACROSS THE DECADES BY THE POWER OF REAL MUSIC, UNLIKE THE NOISE TODAY

Oh no. No.

Like - I’ve been this guy tho.

Like, in Serbia and hearing an absolute fucking banger of their region that would have been my jam but for exposure.

I think this might tickle me differently.

show me your driver's license and prove your name isn't bill

• zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Shaxs
    I voted
    You chose
    Wisely

i google t'ana and t'lyn, assuming they were both the same sort of alien but they seem to be different species

• EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    T'Lyn
    My ignorance is counted just as much as your knowledge. I love being a low-info voter!

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
    edited March 3
    D'Vana Tendi
    I would 100% play a Star Trek Lower Decks adjacent 2d20 game.

I love that it fully acknowledges the lethality of being on a Federation ship and that no you actually want a boring ass assignment. At least you have a better chance of not dying an awful death just because your square-jawed Security officer got some galactic strange in the holodeck the other day

Havelock2.0 on
    edited March 3
    D'Vana Tendi
    If you can watch this and not want to check out the rest of the series, you hate Star Trek:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lz9HQlx2Nec

or even just their intro

tells you exactly what it's all about

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sr4bomaqMTE

Orca on
  • AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Beckett Mariner
    Y’all sleeping on the champ smdhab

D'Vana Tendi
    Atomika wrote: »
    Y’all sleeping on the champ smdhab

Too obvious IMO

• ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    -
    Honk wrote: »
    I thought lower decks was the show with people working the rich people yachts

no thats a scientology documentary

D'Vana Tendi
    T’Lyn is also waifu

I want to see her go through pon farr and tear apart Boimler

This discussion has been closed.