Options

Google Fi unenrolled me?

chromdomchromdom Who?Where?Registered User regular
Checking on my phone this morning, and it looks like Google Fi is no longer my plan. I have wifi, but no mobile data, phone, or text. Mobile data was working yesterday...
I don't recall getting any messages about this. Has anyone heard anything about Google making changes or unenrolling people?

• Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    edited April 20
    Super weird. I was going through the plan setup, didn't finish it, but the plan started working again.

???

Looks like the Google Fi app may have froze up or lost communication or something. Once I got that unjammed, it started working again.

chromdom on
  • Options
    ChallChall Registered User regular
    chromdom wrote: »
    Super weird. I was going through the plan setup, didn't finish it, but the plan started working again.

???

Looks like the Google Fi app may have froze up or lost communication or something. Once I got that unjammed, it started working again.

I have a Pixel 6a on Fi and had an issue with no mobile data / text / phone service. The solution I found was to turn the phone off, eject and reseat the SIM card, then turn back on and it was fine. Glad to see your solution worked too, I'll try that first if I have that issue again

• Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Yeah, I'm on a 6a too. Wonder if it's a glitch with the phone itself, but good to know there are multiple ways around it.

• Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    I think it's more how TMo de-prioritizes secondary networks like Fi.

We moved to Fi about 3 months ago and had a few problems on multiple phone models.

Things seem to be okay for me right now but I'm considering moving to Cricket/Boost to get on the ATT network.