Options

Anyone From Michigan Going to PAX 05

Brass MonkeyBrass Monkey Registered User regular
edited January 2005 in PAX Archive
Anyone going to PAX 05 from michigan i ask this cause as of right now i would b the only one going that i know and it be nice if i can find someone aroudn here that is going to maybe take a plane together or some shit just to make it a little easier.

I live in Bloomfield HIlls 30 mins form Detroit.

Brass Monkey on

• Options
    DrakenulDrakenul Registered User regular
    edited January 2005
    I'm so there. I went last year, and plan on it again. And I was thinking of the same thing, going with someone else from around here.

I'm in Wayne, so, not too far from Detroit either.

Drakenul on
  • Options
    edited January 2005
    ahh good maybe we get some more people or something, i not entire sure on the price, for like 1 plane ticket it looks like 300$ and a room like 40$ or somethig a night, not including normal food and the pax tickets

Brass Monkey on
  • Options
    Achilles Last StandAchilles Last Stand Registered User regular
    edited January 2005
    If someone can figure out a cost for airline ticket from Detroit to Seattle or wherever, the PAX ticket, and a hotel room for three nights, I'd appreciate it. Also, for you southern Michigan bastards, could I park my car somewhere for free if I drive down to meet you guys? I live near Charlevoix, Michigan.

Achilles Last Stand on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DrakenulDrakenul Registered User regular
    edited January 2005
    Last year my plane ticket was $333, although a check or Orbitz or Priceline (or some other sites) would give you a more accurate estimate for that cost. Also, I'm sure there are some free public parking lots down here in Wayne/Westland that you park in for a few days and not even get noticed. The hotel though, if we get the same deal as last year from the Doubletree, is pretty much the killer part of the price if you don't get a roomie. Trust me on that one.

But if either of you two want to meet me and start any plans for getting to PAX, come down to the Murray's Auto Parts store on Wayne road in Westland. I work there, and it's pretty much the place I'm at the most. I'll even give my schedule if possible to help you decide on a time to go (if you do of course).

Drakenul on
  • Options
    edited January 2005
    Well a few things, the going price of airline tickets seem to be 330-350 for cheapers tickets, i'm sure if you do some promotial bullshit you can get that price knocked down, my only problem is i am transfering to a different college, or trying to next year, fall semester, and i think it starts in august. I really want to go to PAX, and i will if i can work some shit out which since i'm a genious i can :lol: anyways, i not so sure about the whole parking on like some street, i don't know how much it cost if you get tolled and impounded but i bet it isn't cheap, besides i know one of my family members could most likely drive me to Metro or whatever airport. I suggest trying to find a friend or someone to drive you there and pick you up. I am up for seeing if we can work out some sort of room situation, cheaper cost and helps you know at least one other person at PAX, hopefully none of you are assholes 8) . lol anyways I should be going and if not i will be able to let you know atleast 1 month in advance hopefully if not more.

I will see about going to Murrays, but i have no idea what your name is and i don't want to appear like some moron, so if you can reply or pm me or what ever that would be nice.

Brass Monkey on