Options

Error While Attempting to Edit Post

ForarForar #432Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
Upon attempting to edit a post to provide further context, when I tried to hit save, I was treated to an error I haven't seen before: Unknown column 'DispatchUUID' in 'field list'

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!

• Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Attempting to edit this thread gave a different error that was a popup at the top of the screen, rather than a little lightbulb on the bottom left.

{ "Code": 1054, "Exception": "Unknown column 'DispatchUUID' in 'field list'", "Class": "Gdn_UserException" }

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Experiencing the same

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    Ditto here. Chrome. I have to look at my typos instead of fixing them and it's making me antsy.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Man in the MistsMan in the Mists Registered User regular
    edited May 14
    I also got the "Unknown column 'DispatchUUID' in 'field list" error in Firefox.

If you're seeing this, then Powerpuppies is right that the issue is fixed.

Man in the Mists on
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Now all my typos and wrong word choices will have to live forever...

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited May 14
    Yeah, editing is broken

Edit:!!!

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Is it broken in mobile, too?

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Yep, Chrome mobile browser

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Same here, chrome on android.

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    A search through the Vanilla forums issue board and the GitHub repository don't show any returns for DispatchUUID, and the only hit on Google returns to this thread.

UUID = Universally Unique Identifiers, which is how the backend software likely identifies our posts. Sounds like a pretty important column to be missing. Though what's even more strange is that it is being invoked in the context of "UserException" and it is when you would assume they'd insert a new version of the post (Because the old version doesn't go away) and get taken back to your original post.

I suspect there may be something broken with deleted users or some other table that says who is what around here. I'd love to pop the hood off of things and see the logs.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    Looks fixed to me

sig.gif
  • Options
    jmcdonaldjmcdonald I voted, did you? DC(ish)Registered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »
    A search through the Vanilla forums issue board and the GitHub repository don't show any returns for DispatchUUID, and the only hit on Google returns to this thread.

UUID = Universally Unique Identifiers, which is how the backend software likely identifies our posts. Sounds like a pretty important column to be missing. Though what's even more strange is that it is being invoked in the context of "UserException" and it is when you would assume they'd insert a new version of the post (Because the old version doesn't go away) and get taken back to your original post.

I suspect there may be something broken with deleted users or some other table that says who is what around here. I'd love to pop the hood off of things and see the logs.

Little Bobby tables strikes again

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    And now I get an error when attempting to add a bookmark
    "call to member function result() on string"

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    make a new thread for that

BahamutZERO.gif