Check out this thread for an update on DJ Eebs.

[chat]less

EddyEddy Gengar the BittersweetRegistered User regular
edited May 23 in Debate and/or Discourse
About to take off from Düsseldorf and there is no way I am going to make a poll.

So we are without one.

Discuss.

Editor's note: this was written by syndalis, edited by Organichu, and Eddy is a patsy/martyr/college football player awash in Name, Image, and Likeness money

"and the morning stars I have seen
and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
Eddy on

• NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    I’LL FUCKING KILL YOU

I’LL KILL YOU

• EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited May 19
    This is actually an homage to the nihilism of Godard's Breathless

Eddy on
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Neco wrote: »
    I’LL FUCKING KILL YOU

I’LL KILL YOU

please neco don't hurt 'em

• syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    a

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    I’LL FUCKING KILL YOU

I’LL KILL YOU

please neco don't hurt 'em

Neco don't you hurt 'em
    (Unh Unh!)
    Neco don't you hurt 'em
    (Unh!)
    Don't you hurt 'em Neco!

• A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    ugh don’t want to go to work

at least i only work mid shift today

Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    I was in Dusseldorf once. I had a good burg there thanks to Mojo_jojo

• EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited May 19
    Rick & Morty fans and YouTube essays always say that it's a nihilist show, but I actually argue it's a show about nihilism, like Seinfeld in a way. But its themes and what it's trying to say, as much as the writers deign to actually have one, is much more about having an absurdist existentialist worldview in the face of nihilism; Rick isn't meant to be a hero and he certainly isn't the writers' ideological headspace

It's a good show but I can't believe The Vat of Acid Episode won an emmy over Bojack's A View From Halfway Down. Now that's nihilism

Eddy on
  • syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    I was in Dusseldorf once. I had a good burg there thanks to Mojo_jojo

Great blood sausage and schnitzel here.

Alt Beer is endemic tho - was legit hard to find a dark wheat beer.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Alt beer
    Emo lager
    Pop punk cider
    EDM barleywine

• amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Ska Seltzer

are YOU on the beer list?
  • amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    It comes in a three pack because you pickituppickituppickitup

• GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    It comes in a three pack because you pickituppickituppickitup

*Superman automatically starts playing*

• WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    100 bottles of beer on the wall

the only two that aren't IPAs are a red stripe and a corona

• DrezDrez Registered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    About to take off from Düsseldorf and there is no way I am going to make a poll.

So we are without one.

Discuss.

I see so obviously you hate Poll-land.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
    Drez what kinda ring you thinking of? Princess cut? Rose Gold? Cursed Artifact?

Has anyone seen the newest Taken movie? I believe it is called Schindler’s List 2: List Harder

Drez what kinda ring you thinking of? Princess cut? Rose Gold? Cursed Artifact?

Yeah…

There have been some not great developments in our relationship recently so things are a bit on hold now. We have to work through a few things if we can first. Sudden but it’s important we’re both happy.

• GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    I will create the poll:

Best Pole?
    *barbershop pole
    *maypole
    *pole fitness
    *Chanus pole-vaulting

Please remember to place your choice at the top of each one of your posts in this thread.

It probably would have been a princessy cut because one of my pet names for her was маленькая принцесса - “malenkaya princessa” or little princess.

Gim wrote: »
    I will create the poll:

Best Pole?
    *barbershop pole
    *maypole
    *pole fitness
    *Chanus pole-vaulting

Please remember to place your choice at the top of each one of your posts in this thread.

Best Pole I knew was named Wzjukiewajzewskier Juweiski which is pronounced “Wooster” (one word).

well shit.

sorry bud. I hope things work out.

well shit.

sorry bud. I hope things work out.

Thanks

• JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited May 19
    I had a dream last night where I, and a bunch of other people who I "knew" were forumers, were on a lovely beach sitting cross-legged on towels; one of the people was Jeffe, as his old bandito avatar.

@Organichu was up front and was giving us a practical seminar on...breastfeeding? He told us to pick up our training baby and practice. I was very self-conscious about my hairy nipples. Chu kept using the word "latch" in a way that made me feel slightly uncomfortable, which knowing him I am sure was deliberate.

Jacobkosh on
  • QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Devs you're killing me. You've made a really fun game. I should be playing it not watching cutscenes.

Can't really soak my neck in a bath but I'm gonna have one anyways

• japanjapan Registered User regular
    Please return your training baby to the container when you are finished

I don’t know why I even put up with you people anymore

All you do is fail me time and time again

• AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular

This is worse than the other people how?

• TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    we're afraid that success would cause you to move on.
    thus we fail over and over to keep you in our embrace

Bless your heart.
  • MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    edited May 19
    Eddy wrote: »
    Rick & Morty fans and YouTube essays always say that it's a nihilist show, but I actually argue it's a show about nihilism, like Seinfeld in a way. But its themes and what it's trying to say, as much as the writers deign to actually have one, is much more about having an absurdist existentialist worldview in the face of nihilism; Rick isn't meant to be a hero and he certainly isn't the writers' ideological headspace

It's a good show but I can't believe The Vat of Acid Episode won an emmy over Bojack's A View From Halfway Down. Now that's nihilism

Rick (and Beth) get absolutely annihilated by the psychiatrist in season 1--and it's not like they let off him later. Writers are very direct that that dude ain't right. I always thought that hero Rick was a weird reading of the show.

I wasn't in the online convo about it so maybe there are reasons people think that? But they're obscure to me.

MrMister on
  • TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    watching this OJ doc and they got a bunch of former LAPD cops to appear and justify the Rodney King beating

a bold move to make in like 2016

first time doing the spelling bee in a while and of course one of the letters today is z

• AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited May 19
    so people who watched Fallout, are you able to answer in a non spoilers way if it has an ending or if they're just hoping to make more seasons some time maybe

also, I guess, was it good, does it start good or do I need to get through x episodes, etc

I realized I can't google this, not unless I want to be able to use youtube without being inundated with tons of spoilers from shorts and videos with that infuriating way they write titles of clips these days

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • japanjapan Registered User regular

9b0qbkmjweuy.png

• nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited May 19
    It has a reasonably satisfying ending. Most of the central questions of the first season are answered by the end. It does setup more. They're already greenlit for a season 2.

It is very good and captured the feeling of the games well if you like those it'll probably work for you. Take an ep or two to really get going.

nexuscrawler on
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    so people who watched Fallout, are you able to answer in a non spoilers way if it has an ending or if they're just hoping to make more seasons some time maybe

also, I guess, was it good, does it start good or do I need to get through x episodes, etc

I realized I can't google this, not unless I want to be able to use youtube without being inundated with tons of spoilers from shorts and videos with that infuriating way they write titles of clips these days

The answer to your question is both

Questions get answered, more get asked, ends kinda sorta cliffhanger-y

As to whether it’s good, I like it so anyone to disagree is a terrible person but you should have an idea of what you think of it but the end of the first episode, second at the most

• TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »

It’s very good, you don’t need to wait X number of episodes, it basically wraps up the questions of S1 while setting itself up for a second season which has been greenlit already

• KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    What is the best way to play Minecraft now?

• nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Excuse me Neco I can agree with you and still be a terrible person thank you very much

This discussion has been closed.