Options

PbP- Fast & Furious - Everyone drifts all the time. It's impossible to drive straight

MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
edited June 12 in Critical Failures
Fast_and_Furious_Highway_Heist_1-1000x600.jpg

Get ready for an exciting new mission based on the blockbuster movie series, playing as Dom, Brian, Letty, Roman, and the rest of Team Toretto on a harrowing high-speed heist! Go up against heavily-armed enemies with your hot cars, daring driving, and jaw-dropping vehicle-to-vehicle leaps of faith. Whether you are taking down a swerving semi filled with valuable cargo, stopping a rampaging tank in its tracks, or bringing down a high-tech helicopter as it rains fire from the skies, you’ll have to work together to take advantage of every team member’s strengths.

The Manual

Rules - the short of it
Players take their turn in any order they wish each round.

Each player gets 2 actions on their turn:

Drive- Move a number of spaces up to your SPEED stat. Diagonals are valid.
Leap- Exit your vehicle and leap on top of any vehicle a number of spaces up to your ATHLETIC stat. May re-enter your vehicle if you end on it.
Force- (difficulty 3 CONTROL check) Force an enemy SUV to move up to 2 spaces.
Shake- (difficulty 2 CONTROL check) While driving, eliminate on foot enemy standing on your vehicle.
Ram- (difficulty 3 SPEED check) Destroy enemy SUV, turns into a wreck.
Brawl- (difficulty 2 ATHLETIC check) On foot, eliminate foot enemy on roof of same vehicle as you.
Hijack enemy SUV- (difficulty 2 ATHLETIC check) Take control of enemy SUV you are standing on. It becomes your new player vehicle at full health.
Take boost token- Take 1 boost token (max 3). Immediately end your turn.
Stunt- Attempt any face up stunt card.

After actions, roll the enemy die.
1- Enemy SUVs activate
2- Enemy SUVs activate
3- Enemy foot tokens activate
4- Draw enemy card
5- Main enemy moves 1 north. Draw enemy card.
6- Main enemy moves 1 south. Draw enemy card.

Skill check die
1- blank
2- 1 boost
3- 1 boost
4- 1 success
5- 1 success, 1 boost
6- 2 success

Active player may spend 1 boost after a roll to count all boosts as successes.
Any player may spend 1 boost before the active player roll to add 2 additional dice (max 5).


End of round:
All wrecks move back (west) 4 spaces
All unmanned player vehicles move back (west) 1 space
All player vehicles and enemy SUVs hit by a wreck this way are eliminated.
Advance all stunt cards. Draw new stunt card.
Game ends in defeat if final level 3 stunt card moves off table.

The other rule is that all actions must be posted in character and in flavor.

MrBody on
«1345

Posts

  • Options
    MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    edited June 4
    Former British SAS operative, Owen Shaw is stealing a computer chip to create a "Nightshade" device that can shut down all power, intending to sell it to the highest bidder. The crew accept the mission in exchange for pardons.
    Shaw might have commandeered more than a computer chip.
    p377bqx1bzgs.jpg

    Family just got bigger. I need 3 crew members for the upcoming heist. You wouldn't turn your back on family, would you?

    Post to join, and submit your Fast & Furious name.
    You're not allowed to use H.P. "Horsepower" Lovecraft, because I just took it.
    h65zk5suupqu.png

    MrBody on
  • Options
    BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    edited June 10
    I thought people who actually knew the game would jump on this, but since it's been a few days I'll put my foot on the gas.

    Pulling up to the starting line: August "Augs of War" Derleth, continuing the Cthulu Drifthos.

    fkd7oaoev6em.jpg

    Edit: Damn! "Eldrift Horror" was right there!

    Bursar on
    GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    Spoilered until images are unborked. egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • Options
    ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    Brave of you to assume others know how to play a F&F game by the Funko company. :tongue:
    That said, I'm also surprised there was no movement on this. Maybe we're all just spoiled by actual digital implementations of games these days?

    Read the manual and don't mind joining the crew. One note: you got the boost Assist rules wrong in your blurb. Assisting a team mate adds 2 dice to their roll (still capped at 5 total) and does not impact the boost symbols.

    I also regret to inform you I'm not a Lovecraft/Cthulhu fan so I offer little in the way of puns. Miguel "The Romantic" Cervantes is still at your service.
    mi4vg74ghj0e.png

  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    edited June 11
    Oh, okay, if this is a thing then I pretty much have to take Clark "Sourpuss" Ashton Smith.

    5yg3jta5t9jk.jpg


    e: Let's go with the half-size bad image manipulation.

    Auralynx on
  • Options
    MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    edited June 12
    Ha! Good to know when the game itself doesn't draw people in, go with an additional gimmick theme!

    Scenario
    y53jf1ovkh8u.jpg


    The Crew
    I just randomized who got what for this one.
    32uz687uh9mq.jpg
    5j1ulejca8d7.jpg
    acak1w9t52xm.jpg
    blkdy3rjxhh1.jpg

    MrBody on
  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    The cachinnating rumble of engines draws us ever-nearer to our encounter with the machinery of damnation, brethren.

  • Options
    MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    edited June 12
    maxresdefault.jpg


    Round 1

    1/7 stunt cards out
    n0q0ftsaf37v.jpg

    "Horsepower" Lovecraft (MrBody)

    August "Augs of War" Derleth (Bursar)

    Miguel "The Romantic" Cervantes (ArcticLancer

    Clark "Sourpuss" Ashton Smith (Auralynx)

    (I forgot what the classic forum text colors were. "Goldenrod" for yellow was all I could recall). If anyone could fill in what red and clue were)

    MrBody on
  • Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    dodgerblue

  • Options
    MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    edited June 12
    Player turns are taken in whatever order you want every round. I'll just kick things off. Everyone can confer, or just post if you haven't gone yet. Shouldn't matter too much 1st round.

    Horsepower Lovecraft floors it, for an indescribable amount of speed
    Drive - B2 to E4
    Drive - E4 to H5


    I figure set up to start forcing SUVs to the front of the tank. I'll put myself next to ones with goons on foot, so I can use my free shake off ability to get rid of them.

    There's also setting SUVs up for the stunt. That card is going to go away at the end of round 3. Free boosts for the taking.

    MrBody on
  • Options
    MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    edited June 12
    Ack, I've forgotten the roll commands too. Someone remind me if I screw this up.

    "roll" 1d6

    MrBody on
  • Options
    MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    edited June 12
    ,

    MrBody on
  • Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Last thing for today:

    In case anyone has forgotten, once the game is underway we’ll roll using the forum’s own friendly dice roller, Geth. All you got to do is type something like:

    Geth roll 1d6 for Rolling Dice
    Geth roll 1d20+1 for Strength Save

    There’s a bunch of more complex formulas, but I tend to forget them myself:

    Format

    XdY to roll X dice of Y sides.
    Prefix N# to roll the dice N separate times.
    Operators allowed are +, -, *, and / which follow order of operations. Division rounds down. Use parentheses if needed. Full format is any number of terms combined with the operators, where term is a literal number or a roll. N can be a term itself.
    Combinatorics are possible as well. N-choose-K results can be of the form NcK, the value will be the number of combinations to choose K items from a set of N items, and return a random one of these sets in the details. (i.e. 4c2 might result in 6 [4c2=1,3]) Permutations are possible in the form NpK. These terms are useful for generating sequences.


    Options

    Append the following modifiers as desired, if using multiple then they must be added in the order below. Some combinations may be invalid.

    rZ - reroll die if result is Z or lower
    roZ - reroll die only once if result is Z or lower
    mZ - count result as Z if roll is lower than Z
    eZ or oZ - extra / open roll when the die is Z or higher, extra grants one bonus roll only
    kZ or lZ - keep the highest / lowest Z rolls, drop others
    tZ - target number Z, count rolls that meet or exceed Z as successes (if Z > Y, implicit oY)
    hZ - hits Z, count rolls that meet or exceed Z as successes, max roll grants bonus roll (implicit oY) (WoD)
    xZ - hits Z, count rolls that meet or exceed Z as successes, max roll grants bonus success (Exalted)
    uZ - under Z, count rolls that are equal to or under Z as successes
    ! - when at the end of any roll, turns on verbose mode (shows all dice rerolled and modified)


    Some D&D roll examples:

    2d20k1+5 for a roll with Advantage and a +5 modifier
    2d20l1+5 for a roll with Disadvantage and a +5 modifier
    1d12ro2+3 for a Great Weapon Fighting style damage reroll where you reroll once if the first result is a 1 or 2 (in this example the character has a +3 modifier to their damage roll)
    1d20+1d4+5 for a roll with Bless and a +5 modifier
    1d20-1d4+5 for a roll with Bane and a +5 modifier
    5#1d20+1 for rolling 1d20+1 five times

  • Options
    ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    @discrider
    You're going to be an honorary member of the crew. Want to be my pet dog or parrot or something? I'll try and work it into the flavor.

  • Options
    MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    edited June 12
    How could I forget geth?

    geth roll 1d6 for Enemy die

    Enemy foot tokens activate
    H6 foot enemy leaps onto Yellow car in H5


    Next crew member up.

    xviobreqoj3z.jpg

    "Horsepower" Lovecraft (MrBody)

    August "Augs of War" Derleth (Bursar)
    Miguel "The Romantic" Cervantes (ArcticLancer
    Clark "Sourpuss" Ashton Smith (Auralynx)

    Enemy die:
    1d6 3 [1d6=3]

    MrBody on
  • Options
    BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    If the enemy cars had moved, Augs could have tried to smash the NW one directly into the tank. C'est la vie.

    Just strategizing out loud here:
    I have to assume there's a way to replenish the enemy SUVs, so there shouldn't be a problem with removing some without launching them at the target. Augs isn't built for Control, so Forcing an enemy into position to perform the Stunt doesn't have good chances for him. I don't want to quarterback the team, so I'm just going to attempt to deal with the chump in the upper left - smashing the car will cause the standing guy to jump to my car, who can be punched out next turn.

    I'll roll for my actions and the enemy die here, then summarize what I think the results are and tag MrBody in a followup post.

    Drive - B3 to E2
    RAM

    Geth, roll 4d6 for Crashy Crashy
    Geth, roll 1d6 for Enemy

    Crashy Crashy:
    4d6 11 [4d6=1, 6, 2, 2]
    Enemy:
    1d6 2 [1d6=2]

    GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    Spoilered until images are unborked. egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • Options
    BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    Looks like the results are Blank, 2 Success, Boost, Boost
    I'll spend one of my starting Boosts to turn those into Successes for a total of 4, destroying the SUV.
    Augs's car rockets ahead, but with a very different trajectory than Horsepower's: straight ahead and delivering a vicious sideswipe to one of the SUVs. The meathead on top manages to leap to the relative safety of the car that just destroyed his previous ride.

    SUV at E1 is destroyed
    E1 foot enemy leaps to Black car at E2
    LAUNCH IT! - Move the Wreck from E1 to D1

    Enemy SUVs activate
    Enemy car moves H1 > G2
    Enemy car moves E6 > E5
    Enemy car at H6 attempts to Slam @MrBody for 3 damage - Defense roll needed

    GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    Spoilered until images are unborked. egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • Options
    MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    edited June 13
    geth roll 3d6 for ram defense

    Zero defense. Take full 3 damage. 8-3 = 5

    Yes, many enemy cards spawn new SUVs and foot enemies.

    ram defense:
    3d6 7 [3d6=2, 2, 3]

    MrBody on
  • Options
    ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    (I'll make the next move, but it's 11:30 and I'm headed to bed so you'll have to wait until the morning for me)

  • Options
    MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    “May the merciful god, if indeed there be such, guard those hours when no power of the will, or drug that the cunning of man devises, can keep me from the chasm of sleep. Death is merciful, for there is no return therefrom, but with him who has come back out of the nethermost chambers of night, haggard and knowing, peace rests nevermore.”

  • Options
    MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    Don't forget that all wrecks move 4 spaces West at the end of a round, and any car/SUV in the way is instantly eliminated.

  • Options
    MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    Looking back at my turn, I probably should have been setting myself up for the stunt instead of pulling out front, since I get double boost benefit from stunts. Oh well.

    Besides stunts, it's ideal to create wrecks in front of the tank. But it also takes damage if it moves up or down into a wreck. So creating a wreck above or below can still pay off if the enemy die makes it move onto it.

  • Options
    MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    edited June 13
    sx0xch5qgu54.jpg


    "Horsepower" Lovecraft (MrBody)

    August "Augs of War" Derleth (Bursar)
    Miguel "The Romantic" Cervantes (ArcticLancer)
    Clark "Sourpuss" Ashton Smith (Auralynx)

    MrBody on
  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    I think I can move to G1 and then ram the SUV, if I'm understanding the rules correctly?

  • Options
    BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    Auralynx wrote: »
    I think I can move to G1 and then ram the SUV, if I'm understanding the rules correctly?

    With 5 in Speed, heck yeah you can!

    GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    Spoilered until images are unborked. egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Bursar wrote: »
    Auralynx wrote: »
    I think I can move to G1 and then ram the SUV, if I'm understanding the rules correctly?

    With 5 in Speed, heck yeah you can!

    Looking again, however, I'm not sure that ends all that well for you?

  • Options
    ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    edited June 13
    Watching Horsepower put the pedal down and pull ahead while Augs sets the first of many SUVs a flying wreck, Miguel looks to Sourpuss on his right. He gives a wave and a nod before that charming Spanish droll comes over the airwaves:
    "Care for a game of leap frog, mi amigo?"

    The Romantic surges ahead and engages with the remaining trailing SUV.

    1: Speed 4 move to F6
    2: Force enemy SUV (E5) (3 dice + 1 for the supercar's active ability)

    Geth, roll 4d6 for Force Attempt
    Geth, roll 1d6 for Enemy Action

    Force Attempt:
    4d6 11 [4d6=1, 3, 6, 1]
    Enemy Action:
    1d6 5 [1d6=5]

    ArcticLancer on
  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    edited June 13
    His first impressions of the mysterious Spaniard had been positive, but still, doubt clouded his mind. Of Horsepower and his overzealous protégé he was confident, but this other and antediluvian driver was a new acquaintance.

    It seemed to him fortunate, perhaps foreordained, that the circumstances permitted a test of the ancient scrivener's driving abilities. He would simply arrange the opportunity; it was up to the Romantic to take it.

    I'll Drive to F6...

    And Force the E5 SUV to D4.


    Geth, roll 3d6 for Force

    Force:
    3d6 12 [3d6=5, 6, 1]

    Auralynx on
  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    edited June 13
    I think that worked? I won't take its space.

    Do the stunt, Lancer!

    E: hah! Same idea. I guess cancel mine out.

    Auralynx on
  • Options
    ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    edited June 13
    It dawns on me we should probably roll enemy action after other roll actions since it impacts a bunch of results. Lesson learned. Also come on now, dice, geez.
    I'll spend my starting boost token to make the 3 into a success, which with the two from the 6 meets the 3 for the Force action.

    Pulling ahead of the trailing escort, Miguel deftly nudges and swerves the vehicle. The driver is better than he expected, but an extra shove does the trick, pushing the already off-balance driver beyond their limit. The Romantic grins.

    Force SUV (E5) to D4. (This was going to be my move before knowing the tank would move out of the way, so playing it fair.)

    Enemy action: 5
    Tank moves North and draw an event card. (Boo hiss)

    ArcticLancer on
  • Options
    ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    Heh, your result was even better than mine. Alas and alack ...

  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Indeed!

    Let's see what emergent horrors the vicissitudes of chance impose.

  • Options
    ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    geth roll 3d4 for tentacles :tongue:

    tentacles:
    3d4 7 [3d4=1, 4, 2]

  • Options
    MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    I'm curious why it went from 4d6 to 3d6?

    Anyway

    Enemy Card
    RAMPAGE SOUTH
    Side-Swipe: Move the Tank two spaces South. Each Wreck it hits is removed and deals 1 damage to the Tank. Each enemy SUV the Tank hits is placed in the nearest empty space. Each Player Vehicle the Tank hits is placed in the nearest empty space and dealt 4 damage (roll defense).

    Foot Patrol: Place an enemy foot on top of each enemy SUV.

    When Activated- Nothing happens.

  • Options
    MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    edited June 13
    For a moment a sliver of possibility glimmered before I realized that the opportunity had passed. As our nemesis' terpsichorean maneuverings drew just as much caution as those of a bull avoiding a picador, but had equally little effect, it became clear that the vehicles had aligned.

    Sweeping hawk-like into the space between the tank and one of its lesser attendants, Sourpuss slams on the breaks and is rewarded with a spectacle.

    Move to E4

    Geth, roll 3d6 for Leap Frog

    Leap Frog:
    3d6 15 [3d6=5, 5, 5]

    Auralynx on
  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    edited June 13
    E: I believe I just succeeded at Leap Frog, so here's the enemy die.

    Geth, roll 1d6 for enemy die

    enemy die:
    1d6 2 [1d6=2]

    Auralynx on
  • Options
    MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    edited June 13
    You get to move the G1 SUV one space towards you.

    Other SUV slams me for 3 damage.

    geth roll 3d6 for defense

    3 damage - 3 success = 0

    defense:
    3d6 13 [3d6=4, 6, 3]

    MrBody on
  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Let's put him in F2.

  • Options
    ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    edited June 13
    The Romantic watches first in his rear view mirror, then to his left as Sourpuss pulls into formation. Still shaken from his previous engagement, the SUV driver is completely unprepared. As the wheels lift off the ground and the massive truck lurches through the air, Miguel imagines the shock on Shaw's face when it lands roof-down on the top of his tank.

    CRUNCH

    When the SUV remains lurch off the side of tank and the trailing smoke clears, he looks to Sourpuss and flashes a wide smile, then pumps one fist in the air.


    "Ci, mi amigo! Ha ha HA! That's what I'm talking about!"

    ArcticLancer on
  • Options
    MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    Round 2
    nefmutjk60fn.jpg

    Scenario
    y53jf1ovkh8u.jpg


    The Crew
    I just randomized who got what for this one.
    32uz687uh9mq.jpg
    5j1ulejca8d7.jpg
    acak1w9t52xm.jpg
    blkdy3rjxhh1.jpg

    Health
    Tank: 11/12
    5/8 2 boosts
    8/8 1 boost
    8/8 1 boost
    8/8 3 boosts

Sign In or Register to comment.