Check out this thread for an update on DJ Eebs.

[chat]

• japanjapan Registered User regular
    Presented in the spirit of "huh, that's kind of interesting"

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7nR0vIUkyRg

• P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    one of my internet friends replaying elden ring has been talking about how holy shit this is the first time i tried katana and i didn't realize it was so good
    samurai jump attacking through the entire game with their base katana

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    chat
    Got the dog to eat a little more. Making a quick store run for hot chip.

• EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    chat
    I am also jump attacking even though no true practitioner of kendo would ever let their feet off the battlefield

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    chat
    what about the long spear build?

PSN: Honkalot
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    chat
    Arch if scientists were so smart how come they haven't figured out how to make money?

Because we have been convinced we're doing it for love of the game for so long

• amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Arch science has enough club kids. Y'all need to unionize

Brains 4 Pay!

are YOU on the beer list?
  • EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    chat
    Honk wrote: »
    what about the long spear build?

Playing co-op with as many people as possible in a tight sarissa formation

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
    TV ads for the Scotland game are wall-to-wall gambling ads, and this:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=H4JEFd5CZlQ

• KamiroKamiro Registered User regular
    edited June 14
    Due to the weather, the USA vs Ireland Cricket World Cup game was cancelled, which somehow gives USA a point, which allows them to advance to the Super 8s. This means that the tickets we bought a few months ago for the semi final games are going to be USA vs West Indies. I imagine it's gonna be nuts cause we'll be surrounded by mostly West Indies fans.

Someone teach me the rules so I know how to cheer. I've already bought my USA jersey

Kamiro on
  • AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Understanding cricket is the first step in losing cricket

• Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    What happens if USA wins the ashes

You go in the cage, cage goes in the water, you go in the water. Shark's in the water, our shark.
  • Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    did I say that right

You go in the cage, cage goes in the water, you go in the water. Shark's in the water, our shark.
  • A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    Kamiro wrote: »
    Due to the weather, the USA vs Ireland Cricket World Cup game was cancelled, which somehow gives USA a point, which allows them to advance to the Super 8s. This means that the tickets we bought a few months ago for the semi final games are going to be USA vs West Indies. I imagine it's gonna be nuts cause we'll be surrounded by mostly West Indies fans.

Someone teach me the rules so I know how to cheer. I've already bought my USA jersey

Here’s a guide to cricket using baseball terms from somebody who has loved both games:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfhTPGSy1aM

Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364

Unsure if a bit, but the ashes are not a tournament trophy, they're held by whoever is the winner of the most recent test between England and Australia

Like the Calcutta cup in rugby

• HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    chat

Arise ashenwinning one

PSN: Honkalot
  • GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    chat

Brains 4 Pay!

What about all us stupids? Can we gang together for monetary gain?

• A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular

I think that’s a specifically an England-Australia thing

Also this is the T20 world cup, not test cricket, which means matches aren’t days long

Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
  • KamiroKamiro Registered User regular
    My wife is watching an Indian Cricket Drama about sports bet fixing so maybe we'll learn something from that

• LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    chat
    oh wow Kingdom Hearts finally released on Steam, thanks for the heads up @Drez

today has been upgraded to very okay!

• HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    chat
    I can't decide which would be funnier if the US actually goes all the way in the Cricket World Cup

That Americans become insufferably smug about cricket or that Americans continue to not care at all about cricket

• bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    chat
    I saw a job listing the other day that was looking for "software engineers" with a phd in chemistry or biology because it was something to do with lab sciences and data analysis.

I'm not... I'm not sure they know what a software engineer is.

You might have to hire two people, and have them work as a team.

Kind of a strange concept to CEOs I guess?

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Gim wrote: »

Brains 4 Pay!

What about all us stupids? Can we gang together for monetary gain?

Yeah we rob the scientists

japan wrote: »

Unsure if a bit, but the ashes are not a tournament trophy, they're held by whoever is the winner of the most recent test between England and Australia

I see

No it wasn’t a bit

• ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    chat
    Eddy wrote: »
    I'm starting a new playthrough of Elden Ring and want to do a full samurai build but damn is the Prisoner battlemage build stupid good

This is what honor, what having a code feels like tho
    my samurai build was going to be cross-naginata and uchi with unsheathe in the right hand and an uchi with piercing fang and a short spear with spectral lance in the offhand

really fun to swap around and use each of the weapons in different scenarios

i'm playing DS3 again for some reason instead

• GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    chat
    Lucedes wrote: »
    oh wow Kingdom Hearts finally released on Steam, thanks for the heads up Drez

I saw that yesterday!

So...is it just a collection of everything that's been released so far?

We're team USA and Australia and England are gonna have to fucking figure it out.

Welcome to Jackass!

• LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    chat
    Gim wrote: »
    Lucedes wrote: »
    oh wow Kingdom Hearts finally released on Steam, thanks for the heads up Drez

I saw that yesterday!

So...is it just a collection of everything that's been released so far?

it looks mostly like that, but i think 358/2 and re:coded are Just The Cutscenes and not actual ports, because ???

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

so what happens if the US wins

Allegedly a voice of reason.

I see

No it wasn’t a bit

The story is quite fun
    wiki wrote:
    The term originated in a satirical obituary published in a British newspaper, The Sporting Times, immediately after Australia's 1882 victory at The Oval, its first Test win on English soil. The obituary stated that English cricket had died, and that "the body will be cremated and the ashes taken to Australia".

The mythical ashes immediately became associated with the 1882–83 series played in Australia, before which the English captain Ivo Bligh had vowed to "regain those ashes". The English media therefore dubbed the tour the quest to regain the Ashes.

After England won two of the three Tests on the tour, a small urn was presented to Bligh in Melbourne. The contents of the urn are reputed to be the ashes of a wooden bail, and were humorously described as "the ashes of Australian cricket".

Not that England would ever be melodramatic about sporting failure

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    one of the language Instagram people i follow posted a "how to ask for directions like a Japanese" video

and why is it "an American" sounds normal and fine but "a Japanese" just sounds racist

• TuminTumin Registered User regular
    chat
    Chanus wrote: »

so what happens if the US wins

War

• DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    Our pakistani consultant brought in biryani today.

It's delicious but I was not ready for Pakistani normal levels of spice at lunch.

I. Am. SWEATING.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    chat
    one of the language Instagram people i follow posted a "how to ask for directions like a Japanese" video

and why is it "an American" sounds normal and fine but "a Japanese" just sounds racist

Probably because racists use it a lot.

"You're not one of them (insert foreign group here) are you?" type shit.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
    bowen wrote: »

Probably because racists use it a lot.

"You're not one of them (insert foreign group here) are you?" type shit.

i suppose "one of them X" does have a particular flavor

• TuminTumin Registered User regular
    chat
    How to ask for directions like a white man

• DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    chat
    Doodmann wrote: »
    Our pakistani consultant brought in biryani today.

It's delicious but I was not ready for Pakistani normal levels of spice at lunch.

I. Am. SWEATING.

My old junior analyst, pre-covid, was originally from Southern India.

He brought in homemade curry his sister made that was "mild" for us one day.

It was so good. So not mild.

u7stthr17eud.png
    Tumin wrote: »
    How to ask for directions like a white man

TOE SHOW KAN WAH DOE KOE DE SOO KA

This discussion has been closed.