As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Voicestick Problems...

Just1life2live4Just1life2live4 Registered User regular
edited June 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
Long story short, I'm stationed in Germany and pay at least 40 bucks a month on phone cards to call home. Last night I signed up for Voicestick (a VOIP service) for the unlimited global plan. Problem is that my computer won't connect to their servers.

We all route our internet through 1 of 2 routers (wireless or hardwire, I'm on the wireless), but there are other guys using Voicestick on my router. My computer is a Dell XPS 1710, so it came with the usual crap that dell ships installed on thier computers. I deleted the pre-installed McAfee suite in favor of my own anti virus. Some of the guys are running the program on Vista already, so I know the program will work with Vista. I have tried making the program an exception on the Windows Firewall and even disabling the firewall temporarily. On a probably related note, I also cannot get any P2P or Bit Torrent software to work.

Any clue? Did Dell put some sort of port blocker on my computer I am overlooking? Or should I talk to the guy running our routers? I appreciate any help in advance!

Just1life2live4 on