As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Marvel Solicits for September 2007

• Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Whoo, I'm really pleased that they're using that Iron Rocketeer cover! Particularly as I just bought the Rocketeer poster that it's based on. (Plus, I love you Dex.)

Also, my mancrush on Sentry compels me to buy 5 copies of Front Line 5. RE: Sentry's wife - didn't I see a solicitation for Mighty Avengers suggesting she might be 'killed'?

Love that Cable and Deadpool cover; Deadpool looks interestingly awesome. For some reason I kinda thought 'Bob the Hydra Guy as Bucky' when I saw it.

Plus, I might actually have to BUY a Wolverine: Origins issue. Who'd have thought it?

Wildcat on
  • Options
    AlgertmanAlgertman Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Bloods End wrote: »
    Howard Chakyin is going to ruin the Iron Fist annual.

And I do not like the idea of Paul Jenkins on a Penance mini.

I don't know that I like Jenkins on anything at this point.

I agree, and I highly enjoyed some of his older stuff.

Algertman on
  • Options
    The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Howard Chakyin is going to ruin the Iron Fist annual.

And I do not like the idea of Paul Jenkins on a Penance mini.

I don't know that I like Jenkins on anything at this point.

All he writes now is shit and the Sentry.

Ironically this was another name for Civil War: The Return

It'd be nice if he didn't bring the Sentry into every fucking thing he wrote.

Jesus, he basically jerked off over himself for creating him in his backup in one of those Stan Lee Meets: issues.

Thats how he introduces himself now.

" Hello I'm Paul Jenkins. I write things about the Sentry. And make uncomfortable and vaguely insulting analogies involving comic books and tragic war events."

The Civil War is like the Holocaust for superheroes and also THE VOID AND THE SENTRY ARE ONE.

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Briareos wrote: »
    wwtMask wrote: »
    Nope, that's Sally. And the only time I'll care about Sally is if she's getting the crapped kicked out of her dumb ass. This goes for Ben Urich as well. They can both go get stomped.

How can you say that about good, old Ben? That's fine for Sally Floyd, but what did Ben do to make you hate him?

HULK DOESN'T CARE ABOUT MYSPACE

but has he ever been to a NASCAR race?

Algertman on
  • Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    HULK SMASH DALE JR.

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    So no Rogue on the X-Men cover? Maybe she's hanging out with the Astonishings or the Uncanny crew? Right.. guys? Right?

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Rogue has been central to Carey's run, I doubt they are going to get rid of her.

I'm more worried about the lack of Beast in post-Endangered Species previews D:

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Actually nevermind those are all baddies right?

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Algertman wrote: »
    Briareos wrote: »
    Nope, that's Sally. And the only time I'll care about Sally is if she's getting the crapped kicked out of her dumb ass. This goes for Ben Urich as well. They can both go get stomped.

How can you say that about good, old Ben? That's fine for Sally Floyd, but what did Ben do to make you hate him?

HULK DOESN'T CARE ABOUT MYSPACE

but has he ever been to a NASCAR race?

I bet he's a baseball fan.

"WHAT GAME WAS UMP WATCHING!? RAWWWR! HULK NOT SEE STRIKE! HULK ONLY SEE BALL! HULK SMASH PUNY YANKEES!"

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Balefuego wrote: »
    Rogue has been central to Carey's run, I doubt they are going to get rid of her.

Think they could be changing Beast look again? Myabe that's why and they don't want tp spoil it

Algertman on
  • Options
    weenusweenus Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Algertman wrote: »
    Balefuego wrote: »

Think they could be changing Beast look again? Myabe that's why and they don't want tp spoil it

He has a valid argument, considering that Endangered Species is supposed to be Beast centric. Maybe its the closing Beast storyline?

weenus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hooraydiation wrote: And I don't care how distraught you are. It's just impolite to shoot yourself when someone has their dick inside you.
  • Options
    CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Malkor wrote: »
    Actually nevermind those are all baddies right?

Yep. Mr. Sinister... Some Marauders...
    Mystique...

Crimsondude on
  • Options
    wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Full solicits are up: http://www.newsarama.com/marvelnew/Sept07/solicitations.html. I'll update the OP in a little while.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Options
    HooraydiationHooraydiation Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    FFPwrPk4.jpg

Ha ha!

Are they seriously canceling Irredeemable Ant-Man?

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I still can't decide if I like the cover for Nico's Mystic Arcana issue. I mean, the art is excellent, but...I dunno. She looks way more "hard" Goth/Punk than she does in the comics.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    FFPwrPk4.jpg

Ha ha!

It's all cute and innocent until Doom punches them in the face.

Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
  • Options
    SquashuaSquashua __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2007
    YAY MARVEL!

Your solicits never fail to entertain!

This month we are blessed with...
    DINO TONGUE-PEENAR!

shanna002.jpg

She knifed him for going after a lick... and lil' greenie is in shock!

Anti-Sexist Bloggers... attack! :D

Squashua on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Fucking shit, Ant-Man is cancelled. I'm not surprised, just disappointed, because it's a great book. The sales have been really too low on that book. I blame comic fans with no taste. :x

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Judging by the bemused look, it happens to her all the time.

But yeah, that's kind of fucked up.

Is that a disembodied head?

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Judging by the bemused look, it happens to her all the time.

I wouldn't say "bemused" so much as "drunk and trying really hard to take a massive shit."

Whoever drew that face needs to really learn how a human face looks when it's angry.

Also, isn't Mystic Arcana: Sister Grimm the first time ANY of the Runaways have been involved in anything outside their own book? (I'm counting Runaways/Young Avengers as partly their own book)

And I am so gay for those Spider-man covers. I love the classic look. And the "Only 399 cents!" made me smile.

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Well, they've been mentioned a few times, and I think they were brought up in one of the non-YA/Runaways Civil War tie-ins (the Daily Bugle thing, I think).

And there was a cameo in Marvel Zombies vs. Army of Darkness.

But yeah, this is definitely the biggest non-Runaways book thing they've been involved in.

EDIT: Until/Unless there's a big "the Skrull's are taking over"event. I'd expect they'd get a bit of face time there.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Blackjack wrote: »
    Well, they've been mentioned a few times, and I think they were brought up in one of the non-YA/Runaways Civil War tie-ins (the Daily Bugle thing, I think).

And there was a cameo in Marvel Zombies vs. Army of Darkness.

But yeah, this is definitely the biggest non-Runaways book thing they've been involved in.

EDIT: Until/Unless there's a big "the Skrull's are taking over"event. I'd expect they'd get a bit of face time there.

Consider that Loners (aka Excelsior) got their own miniseries, technically as a spin-off from Runaways.

Squashua on
  • Options
    FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    You can't really call sexism on Shanna the She-Devil as pretty much the entire point of that book is cheesecake.

It would be like yelling at a chair for being comfortable.

Furu on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Furu wrote: »
    You can't really call sexism on Shanna the She-Devil as pretty much the entire point of that book is cheesecake.

It would be like yelling at a chair for being comfortable.

Yeah, the line for Shanna is drawn just before the point where she's actually getting sexually assaulted by a dinosaur.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Fucking shit, Ant-Man is cancelled. I'm not surprised, just disappointed, because it's a great book. The sales have been really too low on that book. I blame comic fans with no taste. :x

Hopefully if the digests do well it'll get brought back for a second "season" ala She-Hulk. But a book about an Ant-Man legacy hero had about as good a chance as one of DC's various third-tier legacies. I feel bad for Kirkman though. All his good shit keeps getting cancelled while Ult. X-Men keeps on trucking along and being mediocre.

Munch on
  • Options
    Desktop HippieDesktop Hippie Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Blackjack wrote: »
    I still can't decide if I like the cover for Nico's Mystic Arcana issue. I mean, the art is excellent, but...I dunno. She looks way more "hard" Goth/Punk than she does in the comics.

I think they exaggerated her look so she would be strikingly different to Magik and Scarlet Witch, as well as give a clue to her whole mixed up teen vibe. Even with the ultra goth look, it's still a kickass cover. I like it.

Desktop Hippie on
  • Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    edited June 2007
    SVTU003.jpg

huaghlughlghghlahaghlauahluagh

Whippy on
  • Options
    Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    The Spot could seriously fuck peoples shit up

Sars_Boy on
  • Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Yeah, but he wouldn't because he's the Spot.

Dex Dynamo on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Munch wrote: »

Hopefully if the digests do well it'll get brought back for a second "season" ala She-Hulk. But a book about an Ant-Man legacy hero had about as good a chance as one of DC's various third-tier legacies. I feel bad for Kirkman though. All his good shit keeps getting cancelled while Ult. X-Men keeps on trucking along and being mediocre.

Once again, I blame comic fans with no taste. Hopefully some awesome writer will take Eric O'Grady and put him in a comic they're writing.

Hold on, I just had a dream about Eric joining Nextwave in the place of Machine Man. I'm now weeping because we'll never see it. Why? Because of motherfucking comic fans with fucking no taste.

wwtMask on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Dex Dynamo wrote: »
    Yeah, but he wouldn't because he's the Spot.

Wasn't the problem with The Spot the fact that he isn't in peak physical condition, and on top of that punches like a cheerleader?

Someone should give him a gun or something.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    OH god a mini-series where MODOK gets a team of supervillians together for the ultimate heist.

where do I sign up for that action

Furu on
  • Options
    SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited June 2007

You could have stopped buying Black Panther and the Fantastic Four with the Black Panther and Storm and bought three copies of Antman instead.

What I'm trying to say is, you have no one to blame but yourself. ;-)

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Well Fantastic Four with Black Panther is being written by McDuffy, isn't it?

He's pretty good, last I heard. It's Hudlin we've got issues with.

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Well Fantastic Four with Black Panther is being written by McDuffy, isn't it?

He's pretty good, last I heard. It's Hudlin we've got issues with.

McDuffie is going to be the new writer on Justice League of America once Brad Meltzer leaves.
    McDuffie wrote a ton of JLU and Static Shock episodes.

His website.

Squashua on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    McDuffie is awesome.

Furu on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Sentry wrote: »

You could have stopped buying Black Panther and the Fantastic Four with the Black Panther and Storm and bought three copies of Antman instead.

What I'm trying to say is, you have no one to blame but yourself. ;-)

If I have to choose between BP and Ant-Man, Ant-Man loses. Though I guess I didn't have to choose, because I bought all three books.

wwtMask on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    McDuffie is awesome.

Yeah, he's got the writing chops for the big books all right. He was the main writer of pretty much every title that came out of (sadly short-lived) Milestone Comics. Plus he did Beyond!, finished up the FF Civil War arc, and his first solo arc on FF was pretty cool.

wwtMask on
  • Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Bad Karma wrote: »
    FFPwrPk4.jpg

Ha ha!

It's all cute and innocent until Doom punches them in the face.

Why is Popeye wearing Doom's armor?

MuddBudd on
    There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    McDuffie is awesome.

Yeah, he's got the writing chops for the big books all right. He was the main writer of pretty much every title that came out of (sadly short-lived) Milestone Comics. Plus he did Beyond!, finished up the FF Civil War arc, and his first solo arc on FF was pretty cool.

His FF was like being given cake when compared to getting kicked in the nuts that was JMS's run.

Bloods End on