As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Green Lantern Thread

• Options
    Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    its too bad Lo3W wont be over until like what

August?

Sars_Boy on
  • Options
    KyleWPetersonKyleWPeterson Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I was surprised it was delayed so hard in the first place. I thought Perez was pretty good at staying on schedule.

EDIT

Anyone else notice how the GL oath incorporates part of the Sinestro Corps oath in it? I'm still going to say that Sinestro rejoins the corps after Blackest Night.

KyleWPeterson on
  • Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I was surprised it was delayed so hard in the first place. I thought Perez was pretty good at staying on schedule.

EDIT

Anyone else notice how the GL oath incorporates part of the Sinestro Corps oath in it? I'm still going to say that Sinestro rejoins the corps after Blackest Night.
    Yes, because murdering everyone is a great way to become a cop again.

Bloods End on
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

EDIT

I also like the "THROUGH BLACKEST NIGHT" part.

Transporter on
  • Options
    Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2009
    Wildcat wrote: »
    Like that stops anyone sucking off Hal.

Isn't there a school of thought that Parallax is a sub-conscious creation of Hal's from Zero Hour, made as a way of shifting the blame from him?

That school of thought would be wrong since we've been told that it's the manifestation of fear/yellow and was the source of the impurity

Me Too! on
  • Options
    edited February 2009

EDIT

also it indicates that the other corps wont be around too long

which kind of sucks, really

but then, im not really surprised

Sars_Boy on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    The corps may not, but the emotional spectrum still exists in the 31st century.

KyleWPeterson on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    well yeah

Sars_Boy on
  • Options
    SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I think people are putting way too much into that Lo3W thing...

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Me Too! wrote: »

Isn't there a school of thought that Parallax is a sub-conscious creation of Hal's from Zero Hour, made as a way of shifting the blame from him?

That school of thought would be wrong since we've been told that it's the manifestation of fear/yellow and was the source of the impurity
    Which was the explanation given after all of creation was rebooted, so ...

Wildcat on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Sentry wrote: »
    I think people are putting way too much into that Lo3W thing...
    not really

they're both being written by the same guy, so it kind of makes sense that he would know how shit turns out

Sars_Boy on
  • Options
    RansRans Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

that would be pretty hilarious and would be as "comic book logical" a way to dump Hal if his sales ever got low. as logical as inventing a fear parasite in the first place, anyway.

Rans on
  • Options
    MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Rans wrote: »

that would be pretty hilarious and would be as "comic book logical" a way to dump Hal if his sales ever got low. as logical as inventing a fear parasite in the first place, anyway.

Logic? Whats that?

Like how they spent the majority of the ION Limited Series explaining how Kyle's Ion abilities were a mixture of both Starheart and Corps energy. But then Sinestro Corps starts up and nope - just a Space Whale.

And they hand it off to Sodom(y) Yat the fucking Daxamite and what have they done with him/it? Other than getting bitch slapped around by Superboy Prime?

MagicPrime on
    BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    MagicPrime wrote: »

Logic? Whats that?

Like how they spent the majority of the ION Limited Series explaining how Kyle's Ion abilities were a mixture of both Starheart and Corps energy. But then Sinestro Corps starts up and nope - just a Space Whale.

And they hand it off to Sodom(y) Yat the fucking Daxamite and what have they done with him/it? Other than getting bitch slapped around by Superboy Prime?

He also got beat by Mogol....like badly beat.

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009

o_O What the hell are you talking about? "Getting bitch slapped around by Superboy Prime"? Because Superboy Prime is such a pussy, right? He hadn't just beat the shit out of the entire Justice League, Justice Society, Teen Titans, Outsiders and every other superhero on the planet, right? Jesus christ.

Unco-ordinated on
    Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

o_O What the hell are you talking about? "Getting bitch slapped around by Superboy Prime"? Because Superboy Prime is such a pussy, right? He hadn't just beat the shit out of the entire Justice League, Justice Society, Teen Titans, Outsiders and every other superhero on the planet, right? Jesus christ.

Less about the defeat, more about the fact that this is one of the only highlights of his career as Ion. (Or hell, his career period)

Sodam Yat is pretty fuckin' bland.

Almost as bland as Hal Jordan ohohohoho.

Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Maybe having him sex up the 13 year old will add some spice back to the character.

Hmm... come to think of it, the guy IS Hal...

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
  • Options
    IrohIroh Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Fiaryn wrote: »

Less about the defeat, more about the fact that this is one of the only highlights of his career as Ion. (Or hell, his career period)

Sodam Yat is pretty fuckin' bland.

Almost as bland as Hal Jordan ohohohoho.
    Who cares which lantern is Ion anymore? All that matters is that it made Kyle a better character.

Iroh on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Not really. Kyle has been boring as shit ever since he lost his Ion status. Last month's big reveal that
    Soranik Natu is who his heart desires
    is the first interesting storyline that he has had since the Sinestro War.

Before that Kyle has been nothing more than Guy Gardner's bitch for the restaurant.

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    RansRans Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

Logic? Whats that?

please note the quotations around and phrasing of comic book logic

Rans on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Not really. Kyle has been boring as shit ever since he lost his Ion status. Last month's big reveal that
    Soranik Natu is who his heart desires
    is the first interesting storyline that he has had since the Sinestro War.

Before that Kyle has been nothing more than Guy Gardner's bitch for the restaurant.

Kyle and Guy should not share the same comic book. It's just too much. Either let Guy lead the GLC or let Kyle do it. Frankly, that's one of the reasons I want Kyle to become a Blue Lantern so much... maybe that would give him his own book again.

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Sars_Boy wrote: »

EDIT

also it indicates that the other corps wont be around too long

which kind of sucks, really

but then, im not really surprised

Couldn't the oath used in the preview possibly be a personal version Sodom came up with? There's been more then one GL who's used their own take during a recharge.

Owenashi on
  • Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    You who are wicked, evil and mean
    I'm the nastiest creep you've ever seen!
    Come one, come all, put up a fight
    I'll pound your butts with Green Lantern's light!
    Yowza.

Jack T. Chance's oath was pretty badass when I was a kid. Now? What with the butt-pounding? Kiiiinda gay. Still a bitchin' character though.

Munch on
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    It's the "Yowza" at the end that makes it.

durandal4532 on
    Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Agreed.

Wildcat on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Don't forget the best one.

In loudest din or hush profound
    My ears hear evil's slightest sound
    Let those who toll out evil's knell
    Beware my power, the F-Sharp Bell!

KyleWPeterson on
  • Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I just had the most horrifying thought on a black Lantern...
    Bart Allen. All the powers of the a Black Lantern and he can eat brains faster than a skinny asian in a hot dog eating contest D:

Psychotic One on
  • Options
    AlgertmanAlgertman Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Don't forget the best one.

In loudest din or hush profound
    My ears hear evil's slightest sound
    Let those who toll out evil's knell
    Beware my power, the F-Sharp Bell!

Hell Yes!

Algertman on
  • Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Bart Allen. All the powers of the a Black Lantern and he can eat brains faster than a skinny asian in a hot dog eating contest D:

Legion of Three Worlds

Bloods End on
  • Options
    MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

You missed my point, but Fiaryn got it.

MagicPrime on
    BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Bloods End wrote: »

Legion of Three Worlds

Can you provide a Legion spoiler? I'm not reading that one.

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited February 2009
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Bloods End wrote: »

Legion of Three Worlds

Can you provide a Legion spoiler? I'm not reading that one.

Nothing with Bart has happened yet. Geoff Johns has just said Bart fans should read Legion

It's also really good and only two issues in (#3 comes out this week) so you should pick it up

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    He also said we'd find out who was in that Lightning Rod in issue three I believe.

KyleWPeterson on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited February 2009
    it's johnny quick!

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    NAPNAP Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    The end of GL #37 was a definite "Oh shit!" moment. I recently reread the entire series and it really plays out like one really long movie. Definitely one of the best comics I've ever read.

I hope Johns starts writing the Flash again after Rebirth in a couple months. I have mixed feelings about Barry coming back but it should still be pretty cool.

NAP on
    PSN & XBL gamertags in spoiler tag:
    PSN: napharris
    NAP26.jpg

Add me for SF4, I'll play anyone.
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    hmm... I don't know how I felt about the end of 37. It was somewhere between "Oh shit!" and "Bullshit!"

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
  • Options
    Futt BuckerFutt Bucker CTRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    So, the Origins and Omens backup in Adventure Comics #0 pretty much confirmed another Black Lantern.
    Conner Kent

Futt Bucker on
    My color is black to the blind
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Sentry wrote: »
    hmm... I don't know how I felt about the end of 37. It was somewhere between "Oh shit!" and "Bullshit!"

For me, it's gonna depend on whether or not it's all resolved by the end of 38, or if it carries on much further.

Golden Yak on
    H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I guess Geoff Johns let out another Black Lantern in a recent issue of ToyFare.
    Ronnie Raymond.

KyleWPeterson on
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited February 2009
    that means nothing to me! someone explain that

DJ Eebs on