As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Re-syncing an Ipod and a clean hard drive(Solved)

GorkGork Registered User regular
edited June 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
So my hard drive died and had to be replaced with a new one. The new hard drive obviously did not contain any of my music or the copy of Itunes my Ipod is registered to. Is there any way to import everything into a new install of Itunes automatically? I've had to do this before, but because of the copy protection, I was forced to manually copy all songs off the Ipod into Itunes' folders and then rename everything properly by hand. This is a mildly time consuming and irritating process which I would rather skip. Any suggestions?

Gork on

• Options
    Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Open iTunes, open your account in the Store, then plug in the iPod and there should be a "transfer purchases" option. You may have to transfer one song manually first to get it to authorize your computer.

Phoenix-D on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Ah, I should clarify that most of my library was self imported from CDs.

Gork on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Alternatively, are there any programs that will let me import music bought from iTunes onto my iPod without using iTunes itself? That would let me bypass the need to resync with iTunes.

Gork on
  • Options
    NexusSixNexusSix Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Have you tried ilounge? You should be able to find some good resources there.

NexusSix on
    REASON - Version 1.0B7 Gatling type 3 mm hypervelocity railgun system
    Ng Security Industries, Inc.
    PRERELEASE VERSION-NOT FOR FIELD USE - DO NOT TEST IN A POPULATED AREA
    -ULTIMA RATIO REGUM-
  • Options
    wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    ya, there are lots of third party apps that should let you pull the music off the iPod. google knows them well.

wunderbar on
    XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    NexusSix wrote: »
    Have you tried ilounge? You should be able to find some good resources there.

Five minutes and I got pointed to Music Rescue. Thanks kindly.

Gork on
This discussion has been closed.