Options

[chat] and Let Die

• Options
    JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Johannen wrote: »
    I have been to the pub, drunk no alcohol and come back. I'm pretty sure that was a victory of some kind right there, i've been trying to do that for months.

Johannen, did you get punched?

James on
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    so i'm at the indie coffee shop hangout after a workout. got some wendy's chili and at the shop I get a refreshing orange italian soda to cool off my burnt tongue ( a horror which is always visited upon me when I eat wendy's chili. )

so I order my soda from the most emo dude i have ever seen. he is bedecked with charms and symbols, as though to ward away evil. his black hair has the sidesweep thing and it covers exactly one half of his face. his clothing is also black. he does not meet my gaze, but rather keeps his eyes downcast.

I had thought individuals such as this only existed on teh interwebs. It seems I was sorely mistaken - and believe me, I have seen my fair share of emo kids, from the semi emo hipsters to the downtrodden faux suicidal. This seems to be the next step in emo.

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    JohannenJohannen Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Coldred wrote: »
    I have been to the pub, drunk no alcohol and come back. I'm pretty sure that was a victory of some kind right there, i've been trying to do that for months.

I don't understand.

Basically I had a night at the pub where I didn't drink any booze. I've come to realise that I have a very small problem with alcohol and how I find it very hard not to drink it when I go to a pub or on a night out. Going to the pub and not drinking a drop of booze was just nice to know that I could do it comfortably and still have a really good time.

Johannen on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    James wrote: »

Johannen, did you get punched?

Lol, no he wasn't there.

Also, I was told that he felt really embarrased about doing it and was really sorry and all that. Which is fair enough but doesn't mean that I like him or anything.

Johannen on
  • Options
    The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Better Joe: GI or hannen?

The Green Eyed Monster on
  • Options
    MahnmutMahnmut Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    so i'm at the indie coffee shop hangout after a workout. got some wendy's chili and at the shop I get a refreshing orange italian soda to cool off my burnt tongue ( a horror which is always visited upon me when I eat wendy's chili. )

so I order my soda from the most emo dude i have ever seen. he is bedecked with charms and symbols, as though to ward away evil. his black hair has the sidesweep thing and it covers exactly one half of his face. his clothing is also black. he does not meet my gaze, but rather keeps his eyes downcast.

I had thought individuals such as this only existed on teh interwebs. It seems I was sorely mistaken - and believe me, I have seen my fair share of emo kids, from the semi emo hipsters to the downtrodden faux suicidal. This seems to be the next step in emo.

Shouldn't that just cross over into 'goth?'

Mahnmut on
    Steam/LoL: Jericho89
  • Options
    The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    celery77 wrote: »
    Better Hannah: Barbara or Daryl?

The Green Eyed Monster on
  • Options
    LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Marx wrote: »
    I think everyone can agree that Nirvana does not "kick ass", right?
    Agreed. They are hideously overrated.

They're still pretty good though. Just because x band is "overrated" doesn't instantly make them shite. Unless you're the sort of music snob who can't abide "mainstream" music.

Nirvana tends to have some pretty irritating fans and Kobaine/Courtney and all that have soured what little enjoyment I could gain from the music. I think sometimes it can be rather hard to separate the musician and the music. It's why I like to remain ignorant of all my favourite artists.

Leitner on
  • Options
    ColdredColdred Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    celery77 wrote: »

Because GI Joe is a wanker, I'm going to go with hannen, although I don't know who he is.

Coldred on
    sig1-1.jpg
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    edited June 2007

Is it wrong that when I read this, my first thought was "Where is your emo god now?"

AngelHedgie on
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    NerissaNerissa Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    OK, I'm off... I may pop in once or twice from my mom's but otherwise, catch y'all in a couple of weeks. :)

Nerissa on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Mahnmut wrote: »

Yeah that's more goth than emo.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited June 2007
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Feral wrote: »
    Mahnmut wrote: »

Yeah that's more goth than emo.

the swoopy hair alone makes me think it's emo.

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2007
    Nerissa wrote: »
    OK, I'm off... I may pop in once or twice from my mom's but otherwise, catch y'all in a couple of weeks. :)

Bye bye!

_J_ on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    I challenge any of you not to like Benny And The Jets by Elton John.

Edit: Also, _J_ you killed the [chat]. (god I remember when that used to happen to me all the fucking time).

Johannen on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    the swoopy hair alone makes me think it's emo.

Well in all honesty there isn't a clear delineation between the two.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    edited June 2007
    I challenge any of you not to like Benny And The Jets by Elton John.

I challenge you to not like grunge. Marx did it and I killed him! Five times!

James on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    I'm sorry James, I hate grunge.

Johannen on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Also, is it me

or does the entirety of SE++

post like this.

Where everything

is spaced out

so that it can be read in parts and segments?

Johannen on
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2007
    Whee, Mixers and Elixirs tonight at the Museum of Natural Science. I do not know if it's a date exactly or just a friends thing. The situation should be clarified soon enough.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    ColdredColdred Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Heh, how come the "D&D sucks" thread is the longest one in the whining forum?

Coldred on
    sig1-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2007

:(

James on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Also, is it me

or does the entirety of SE++

post like this.

Where everything

is spaced out

so that it can be read in parts and segments?

sounds about right. I like to seperate into paragraphs but that's just not helpful.

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    edited June 2007

*pats on back*

I'm too much of a hippy. I like Free Bird, Justin Timberlake, John Mayer, Jeff Buckley, Timbaland, QOTSA, Foo Fighters, Some Elton John and Beatles.
    I like a shitload of stuff but my major pet hates are Hardcore Rap and Grunge/Mosh music.

Johannen on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Edit: Also, _J_ you killed the [chat]. (god I remember when that used to happen to me all the fucking time).

I did not kills!

_J_ on
  • Options
    edited June 2007

People don't like it when other people don't have the same opinion as they, apparently.

Feral on

• Options
    edited June 2007
    Feral wrote: »

People don't like it when other people don't have the same opinion as they, apparently.

Well, we are kind of pedantic assholes.

_J_ on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    I'm off to bed dear [chat]. I bid you adieu and hope that you are happy in the times in which I don't know if you are happy or not. I hope you have fun and laughs and that you all become sexually satisfied by beautiful women, even if you are women.

Goodnight.

Johannen on
  • Options
    edited June 2007

*pats on back*

I'm too much of a hippy. I like Free Bird, Justin Timberlake, John Mayer, Jeff Buckley, Timbaland, QOTSA, Foo Fighters, Some Elton John and Beatles.
    I like a shitload of stuff but my major pet hates are Hardcore Rap and Grunge/Mosh music.

Alternative rock is cool too. I like Jeff Buckley, QotSA, Foo Fighters, Elton John, and Beatles. Plus Foo Fighters is sorta grunge. Some of it anyways.

James on
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited June 2007

Because I'm having fun.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I should really finish Paradise Lost tonight before I get sleepy.

Then I have to decide what to read next.

Elendil on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    I'm off to bed dear [chat]. I bid you adieu and hope that you are happy in the times in which I don't know if you are happy or not. I hope you have fun and laughs and that you all become sexually satisfied by beautiful women, even if you are women.

Goodnight.

Goodnight Johbannen. There may be drunk poasting tonight so keep in touch!

James on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Elendil wrote: »

The snake did it.

Oh, sorry, SPOILER.

_J_ on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    _J_ wrote: »

The snake did it.

Oh, sorry, SPOILER.
    I'm totally past that part. I think Satan's not even in the poem from this point, which is kind of depressing.

Elendil on
  • Options
    edited June 2007

The snake did it.

Oh, sorry, SPOILER.
    I'm totally past that part. I think Satan's not even in the poem from this point, which is kind of depressing.

After the first bit he becomes a whiny emo kid anyways.

James on
  • Options
    edited June 2007

The snake did it.

Oh, sorry, SPOILER.

Satan would be emo....wouldn't he?

_J_ on
  • Options
    edited June 2007

The snake did it.

Oh, sorry, SPOILER.

Satan would be emo....wouldn't he?

or goth?

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    edited June 2007

The snake did it.

Oh, sorry, SPOILER.

I like book 3 and 4 Satan best. The flashback Satan is a dick, though an entertaining one. The Fall Satan is just depressing.

Elendil on
  • Options
    RandomtaskRandomtask Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    It's like those miserable psalms. They're SOOOO depressing.

Randomtask on
    Most men pursue pleasure with such breathless haste that they hurry past it.
    - Soren Kierkegaard
This discussion has been closed.