Check out this thread for an update on DJ Eebs.

CS: WTF

Aqua DarkAqua Dark Registered User regular
edited June 2007 in Games and Technology
I am a huge FPS fan, ilke unreal, i like CS, i like DoD, i even like Red Orchestra. I am also a fan of the hack and slash frist person rpg's, I just like the movement so much more than haveing to follow my guy in thrid person.

Tha being said, I have been playing alot of CS:Source and in no other shooter have i found a more obnoctious community than CS. Those asshole love to talkshit to anything that moves. Even if you are totally dominating them they will call you a noob loser and claim they are better than you. I really like in game chat but for the love of god i find myself muting it more than using it.

So this is a post for all those whole love FPS's but wish the angry assholes and retarded 12 year olds would just STFU!

There are such things as stupid questions, and you know what they are: so do not ask them!

World of Warcraft IS a drug, if you are playing it seek rehab immediately.
Aqua Dark on

• ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    O...okay? I'm not really sure what we're supposed to discuss here. It seems to be pretty common knowledge that games like Counterstrike and WoW have poor "communities."

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Sounds like every FPS in the whole world. "Omg this game is great, but the obnoxious racist 14 year olds make it unbearable to play!" That's why I avoid FPS.

spookymuffin on
    PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
  • zanetheinsanezanetheinsane Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Step 1: Log on to Battle.net for 2 minutes
    Step 2: Kill self.

That's about what I go through everytime I want to play DotA. :P

zanetheinsane on
  • LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Where do people find all these obnoxious kids/people. I rarely ever seem to run into them on Live or PC gaming? Am I just astronomically lucky?

Leitner on
  • RookRook Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Leitner wrote: »
    Where do people find all these obnoxious kids/people. I rarely ever seem to run into them on Live or PC gaming? Am I just astronomically lucky?

I think it's a geographical thing. American servers tend to be the worst, UK servers are usually ok, and Europeans are usually pretty nice.

Rook on
  • GertBeefGertBeef Registered User regular
    edited June 2007

You are astronomically lucky you Nazi Lizard Jew.

GertBeef on
    gertsig.jpg
  • IrohIroh Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Escape » Player List » Mute In-Game

Someone needs to post the shitcock comic.
    Sounds like every FPS in the whole world. "Omg this game is great, but the obnoxious racist 14 year olds make it unbearable to play!" That's why I avoid FPS.

This is a retarded reason to disregard shooters. If you pay attention to what servers you choose to play on, the experience is a lot more enjoyable.

Iroh on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • JerikTelorianJerikTelorian Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    BF2 isn't so bad, if you're looking for respite within the genre. You can only VOIP with people in a squad with that game, (or to the commander and back if you are a squad leader) so really, you could go lone-wolf the entire game and never hear a single annoying 14 year old talk.

Of course, there's still the chat logs, but nobody reads them in BF2 anyway.

JerikTelorian on
    SteamID -- JerikTelorian
    XBL: LiquidSnake2061
    Shade wrote: »
    Anyone notice how some things (mattresses and the copy machines in Highrise) are totally impenetrable? A steel wall, yeah that makes sense, but bullets should obliterate copy machines.

I don't know about you, but I always buy a bullet proof printer. Its a lot more expensive, but I think the advantages are apparent.
  • DroolDrool Science! AustinRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I never pay attention to the chat in CS, and if someone starts talking shit over voice then fuck them it takes two seconds to mute them. Most servers only let you talk with people who are on your team, and I rarely find people talking shit on team mates, unless they get TK'd. Honestly, I think in all my years of playing FPS games online I can only remember muting a couple of people, and I only muted them because they were pipeing annoying music.

Drool on
  • NeadenNeaden Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I think in general the source mod community seems to behave a lot better then CS:S. Playing Dystopia, Dead Rising, etc. I've never really had a problem with annoying whiny kids.

Neaden on
  • BoilerbirdBoilerbird Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    <sarcasm>I am shocked - /SHOCKED/ - that there are immature assholes playing Counterstrike Source.
    That certainly didn't happen with the Halflife mod.</sarcasm>

Strangely enough, I haven't seen this problem with FEAR or Rainbow Six: Vegas, even though they're vaguely similar games. I don't know if it's just the servers I played on, or what. I think your best bet, if you're really bothered by it, is to turn off voice and ignore the chat text - even though that'll hurt your team's performance in a team-based game.

Boilerbird on
    "The Lord of Murder shall perish. But in his doom he shall spawn a score of mortal progeny. Chaos will be sown from their passage."
    -So sayeth the wise Alaundo

Mario Kart friend code: 227.692.747.075
    Tetris friend code: 742.696.731.030
    Pokemon code: 2921 5590 8486
    Super Smash Bros. Brawl: 0602-5937-3565
  • Waka LakaWaka Laka Riding the stuffed Unicorn If ya know what I mean.Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    If you go for more of a Simulation Level Shooter, you will find less immature gamers, simply because they can't run and spam like total tools

Operation Flashpoint and Armed Assault come to mind. Most immature gamers quit these games post haste.

Waka Laka on
  • redfenixredfenix Aka'd as rfix Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    20040319h.jpg

redfenix on
  • PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I guess I must be lucky. I've heard a lot about how CS players are extremely terrible, but I haven't met any like that.

Peewi on
  • wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    The mute button is your friend.

wunderbar on
    XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
  • MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    WTF is FTW backwards. I was playing some GMod yesterday, on a random server. I had fun, didn't run into anyone annoying. It's been a long time since I've played CS without friends or by myself on a non-passworded server.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Waka Laka wrote: »
    If you go for more of a Simulation Level Shooter, you will find less immature gamers, simply because they can't run and spam like total tools

Operation Flashpoint and Armed Assault come to mind. Most immature gamers quit these games post haste.

I don't know. I've heard you find more gun nuts, the kind that read soldier of fortune and they're a hundred times more irritating then some guy singing along badly to some song or other.

Leitner on
  • EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Well, I tend to play with those [PA] clan guys, and I know they're all assholes from experience.

The more popular the game, the bigger the community, the more chance there is you'll run into a gigantic arsehole. I blame the mainstream. For everything!

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I love baiting them though. Especially in CS:S.

So Im pretty good at CS. Very good in fact. That's what 3 solid years playing nothing but CS will do to you in Uni.

So if I go on a server, its usually random, and some asshole starts calling me out or just generally being an ass Ill grab the awp (which, as a matter of honour, I never use normally) and just go to town.

40 kills later and he will be all 'YOU FUCKING NOOB ALL YOU DO IS AWP THERE'S NO SKILL IN THAT FUCKER'

And then I go into a TMP frenzy. The TMP is so fucking overpowered in CS:S. So is the AK.

The_Scarab on
  • EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I used to play FireArms back when the aug was an undeniably overpowered weapon- I remember when the opposing team persisted in using it, when I was still oblivious to the issue, and thought people were just bitching about nothing- and proceeded to select one myself and murder them continously. Then I accepted there was something wrong with it.

Oh, and I remember playing Desert Crisis on the day of release and having someone dub the dual SMGs a "pussy weapon". Some people could do with a kneecapping outside of the game.

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    A Weapon for Pussies.

The_Scarab on
  • tehmarkentehmarken BrooklynRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    In Source games, you can hit escape, goto Player List, and mute whoever you want. I do this often.

That, and I try to find clan servers to play on, as there's usually an admin around to kick douches out. And also playing on Canadian servers. Half the time they're french, so I can't even understand what the pre-pubescent shit-mouths are saying.

tehmarken on
  • Waka LakaWaka Laka Riding the stuffed Unicorn If ya know what I mean.Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Waka Laka wrote: »

I don't know. I've heard you find more gun nuts, the kind that read soldier of fortune and they're a hundred times more irritating then some guy singing along badly to some song or other.

The small community I stick with are more about talking tactics and such, we would often talk no more about the weapons other than "Is this good for X,Y,Z situation, should I go grenades, LAW ect ect"

When you get some serious players and not so much gun Nerds, its the greates thing ever.

Waka Laka on
  • slacktronslacktron Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    tehmarken wrote: »
    In Source games, you can hit escape, goto Player List, and mute whoever you want. I do this often.

That, and I try to find clan servers to play on, as there's usually an admin around to kick douches out.

That's the key, finding a good server. I find that I have three or four regular haunts with good admins and they weed out the idiots quickly.

Another cool thing about this strategy is that you start to get familiar with the other regulars and you can all laugh about it when some doofus starts piping up. It's almost worth it to have some smacktard start running off at the mouth just to see the backlash.

slacktron on
    slacktron_zombie_fighter_sig.jpg
  • WykedWyked Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    the key to pc gaming, especially with CS, is to find a server you call home.

look for a relaxed guild, check out their server, enjoy, play.

there should be plenty of servers out there with admins on constantly that will boot out the obnoxious players.

Wyked on
  • hamburger helperhamburger helper Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I remember blasting tito puento and an assortment of latin music over my xbox live headset while playing halo 2 a while back.

But I guess we're sort of bitching about idiots like me :/

EDIT: and CS

hamburger helper on
    statimg.php?id=280&theme=1
  • SkyGheNeSkyGheNe Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    See, you may think they are 12 year olds, but in reality they are anywhere between 18 and 40.

See: cal forums.

Full of dead weights that, in all honesty, the planet wouldn't miss if they were dead.

SkyGheNe on