As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Wii Remote Disconnecting

CherrnCherrn Registered User regular
edited June 2007 in Games and Technology
I've recently begun playing Wii Sports again, but I have problems with my Wii Remote. Most of the time it works fine, but sometimes, especially during Baseball, it basically disconnects after every swing. Nothing during pitching, only after every swing. Sometimes it just disconnects and makes that horrible "FWAP" noise when reconnecting, and other times it starts rumbling uncontrollably before dropping off.

It's only really a major problem in Baseball, but it happens during Tennis sometimes as well. I tried it in Zelda and it's the same thing; mostly it works fine, but sometimes it just disconnects randomly - rarely it just doesn't work at all. It's pissing me off enormously, mostly because buying a new remote is so stupidly expensive.

Has anyone had the same problem? Is there a solution or am I fucked? Yes, the battery level is fine. I've tried putting in new ones, but nothing changes. I was told to fool around with the sensitivity settings, but that doesn't solve anything, either.

All creature will die and all the things will be broken. That's the law of samurai.
Cherrn on

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Sounds like the motion sensor is damaged

Do they offer any kind of replacements or anything?

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    Doc HollidayDoc Holliday Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Nintendo replaced a Wii remote I had with a faulty motion sensor. Just use the form on their website.

Doc Holliday on
    PSN & Live: buckwilson
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    What's your distance away from the sensor? And is there anything hitting the sync button that could be screwing things up? Sounds like a motion sensor problem to me as well, just covering bases.

One thing I would like on the next generation of Wiimotes is an off button or slider or something.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    CherrnCherrn Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    What's your distance away from the sensor? And is there anything hitting the sync button that could be screwing things up? Sounds like a motion sensor problem to me as well, just covering bases.

I'm standing in front of my TV, I'd say 3 feet on average. Nothing hitting the sync button as far as I can tell. It probably is a motion sensor problem - though I don't know if Nintendo Denmark actually replaces stuff like that; they don't have a form or anything. Though I suppose it couldn't hurt to ask.

Cherrn on
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken. That's the law of samurai.