Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Black is white and white is black

TubeTube Administrator, ClubPA admin
edited July 2007 in Debate and/or Discourse
I defy you to prove otherwise.

Hobnail wrote: »
This forum has taken everything from me
Tube on
«13

Posts

  • FirstComradeStalinFirstComradeStalin Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Black is the absence of white.

    FirstComradeStalin on
    Picture1-4.png
  • TubeTube Administrator, ClubPA admin
    edited June 2007
    WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS A PILE ON

    YOU D&DERS ARE ALL RETARDED

    PILING ON ME BECAUSE I HAVE A DIFFERENT VIEW TO YOU

    GOD THIS FORUM SUCKS

    Tube on
    Hobnail wrote: »
    This forum has taken everything from me
  • FirstComradeStalinFirstComradeStalin Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Tits or gtfo

    FirstComradeStalin on
    Picture1-4.png
  • monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Neither are colors, so who cares.

    moniker on
  • ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited June 2007
    An object is defined as black when it absorbs light of all frequencies. An object is defined as white when it reflects light of all frequencies. Given that the respective properties are defined as being very different things, it is demonstrably incorrect to say that they're the same thing.

    Now, you could claim victory by asserting that you have different definitions for "black" and "white" that are actually the same, or that what you mean is "Mr. Black is a white guy, and Mr. White is a black guy," but that's sort of cheating.

    ElJeffe on
    Maddie: "I named my feet. The left one is flip and the right one is flop. Oh, and also I named my flip-flops."

    I make tweet.
  • TubeTube Administrator, ClubPA admin
    edited June 2007
    Oh right so my viewpoint is less valid than yours

    you're retarded

    Tube on
    Hobnail wrote: »
    This forum has taken everything from me
  • ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited June 2007
    I mean, GRARRR <insert ad hom here>

    ElJeffe on
    Maddie: "I named my feet. The left one is flip and the right one is flop. Oh, and also I named my flip-flops."

    I make tweet.
  • The Black HunterThe Black Hunter Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    The fact is Black was named black, and recorded as such. Unless you have proof from an earlier age of the official naming of black and/or white then the previous remains as fact.


    ALSO: REVENGE THREAD! TO ARMS!

    The Black Hunter on
  • ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited June 2007
    Oh right so my viewpoint is less valid than yours

    you're retarded

    Wait, we need to more rigidly define "valid" before this conversation can continue.

    ElJeffe on
    Maddie: "I named my feet. The left one is flip and the right one is flop. Oh, and also I named my flip-flops."

    I make tweet.
  • JinniganJinnigan Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    i agree with eljeffe also ct is a fgty fgt mcfgt

    ain't never seen no baby pigeons

    therefore

    Jinnigan on
    whatifihadnofriendsshortenedsiggy2.jpg
  • JohannenJohannen Registered User
    edited June 2007
    Oh right so my viewpoint is less valid than yours

    you're retarded

    Why is you're location written backwards? And why is there another version of you with the name and the title and everything typed backwards?

    Johannen on
  • VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    Oh right so my viewpoint is less valid than yours

    you're retarded

    Wait, we need to more rigidly define "valid" before this conversation can continue.

    Cite.

    VishNub on
    Steam = VishnuOwnz
    Dota2 = Glitchmo
  • Vincent GraysonVincent Grayson Frederick, MDRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    An object is defined as black when it absorbs light of all frequencies. An object is defined as white when it reflects light of all frequencies. Given that the respective properties are defined as being very different things, it is demonstrably incorrect to say that they're the same thing.

    Now, you could claim victory by asserting that you have different definitions for "black" and "white" that are actually the same, or that what you mean is "Mr. Black is a white guy, and Mr. White is a black guy," but that's sort of cheating.

    Barry White and Frank Black are the same person?

    Vincent Grayson on
  • TubeTube Administrator, ClubPA admin
    edited June 2007
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    Oh right so my viewpoint is less valid than yours

    you're retarded

    Wait, we need to more rigidly define "valid" before this conversation can continue.

    whatever man, this is just because I'm from SE so you're all piling onto me.

    Tube on
    Hobnail wrote: »
    This forum has taken everything from me
  • The Black HunterThe Black Hunter Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Johannen wrote: »
    Oh right so my viewpoint is less valid than yours

    you're retarded

    Why is you're location written backwards? And why is there another version of you with the name and the title and everything typed backwards?

    He did a name swap with blankspace, but they typed everything backwards.

    WHY WOULD YOU NOT KNOW THIS?

    The Black Hunter on
  • StarcrossStarcross Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    That's just his opinion man. He's got a right to his own opinion just like anyone. Stop jumping all over him just because you've got a different opinion.

    Why can't we all, like, live in peace.

    Starcross on
  • Vincent GraysonVincent Grayson Frederick, MDRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Johannen wrote: »
    Oh right so my viewpoint is less valid than yours

    you're retarded

    Why is you're location written backwards? And why is there another version of you with the name and the title and everything typed backwards?

    He did a name swap with blankspace, but they typed everything backwards.

    WHY WOULD YOU NOT KNOW THIS?

    Hey Black Hunter, are you black, and a hunter, or do you hunt blacks?

    Vincent Grayson on
  • tyrannustyrannus Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    pfft, nice strawman

    tyrannus on
  • monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    An object is defined as black when it absorbs light of all frequencies. An object is defined as white when it reflects light of all frequencies. Given that the respective properties are defined as being very different things, it is demonstrably incorrect to say that they're the same thing.

    White is when you mix all pigments together, though.

    brain asplode!

    moniker on
  • The Black HunterThe Black Hunter Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Starcross wrote: »
    That's just his opinion man. He's got a right to his own opinion just like anyone. Stop jumping all over him just because you've got a different opinion.

    Why can't we all, like, live in peace.

    Fuck you! you dont know how i feel!

    Stop generalising my feelings just because i come from a different forum!

    @Vincent: I go hunting and i have a black hoody.

    STOP VICTIMIZING ME BECAUSE MY NAME ISNT UP TO YOUR STANDARDS!

    FUCK.

    The Black Hunter on
  • Manning'sEquationManning'sEquation Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    Oh right so my viewpoint is less valid than yours

    you're retarded

    Wait, we need to more rigidly define "valid" before this conversation can continue.

    whatever man, this is just because I'm from SE so you're all piling onto me.

    Just because this person is from a place where people do not value logic does not mean that his opinion at least to him is any less valid. He can be wrong to the whole world and right to himself?

    Manning'sEquation on
  • monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Starcross wrote: »
    That's just his opinion man. He's got a right to his own opinion just like anyone. Stop jumping all over him just because you've got a different opinion.

    Why can't we all, like, live in peace.

    Because of the number of hippies in the world.

    moniker on
  • Manning'sEquationManning'sEquation Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    moniker wrote: »
    Starcross wrote: »
    That's just his opinion man. He's got a right to his own opinion just like anyone. Stop jumping all over him just because you've got a different opinion.

    Why can't we all, like, live in peace.

    Because of the number of hippies in the world.

    well we all can't be stuffy architect suits like you moniker.... I MEAN SUIT!!!

    Manning'sEquation on
  • monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    moniker wrote: »
    Starcross wrote: »
    That's just his opinion man. He's got a right to his own opinion just like anyone. Stop jumping all over him just because you've got a different opinion.

    Why can't we all, like, live in peace.

    Because of the number of hippies in the world.

    well we all can't be stuffy architect suits like you moniker.... I MEAN SUIT!!!

    I wish, all I am right now is an unemployed mooch.

    Can you spare some change?

    moniker on
  • ShogunShogun Hair long; money long; me and broke wizards we don't get along Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    moniker wrote: »
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    An object is defined as black when it absorbs light of all frequencies. An object is defined as white when it reflects light of all frequencies. Given that the respective properties are defined as being very different things, it is demonstrably incorrect to say that they're the same thing.

    White is when you mix all pigments together, though.

    brain asplode!

    I thought that was brown. Of course I'm recalling this from my days of fingerpainting, but when you mix all the paints don't they make brown? Of course paints != pigments.

    I'll be going now

    Shogun on
  • The Black HunterThe Black Hunter Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Shogun wrote: »
    moniker wrote: »
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    An object is defined as black when it absorbs light of all frequencies. An object is defined as white when it reflects light of all frequencies. Given that the respective properties are defined as being very different things, it is demonstrably incorrect to say that they're the same thing.

    White is when you mix all pigments together, though.

    brain asplode!

    I thought that was brown. Of course I'm recalling this from my days of fingerpainting, but when you mix all the paints don't they make brown? Of course paints != pigments.

    I'll be going now

    Thats only cheap paints, so says my art teacher.

    And white is when all colours are in a perfect balance. Black is an utter lack of colour.

    Technicaly neither of them are colours. But contrasts/shades.

    The Black Hunter on
  • jothkijothki Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    Oh right so my viewpoint is less valid than yours

    you're retarded

    Wait, we need to more rigidly define "valid" before this conversation can continue.

    whatever man, this is just because I'm from SE so you're all piling onto me.

    Just because this person is from a place where people do not value logic does not mean that his opinion at least to him is any less valid. He can be wrong to the whole world and right to himself?

    Well, that depends. Is SE++ a religion? If it is, he's automatically immune from criticism for no apparent reason.

    jothki on
  • monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Shogun wrote: »
    moniker wrote: »
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    An object is defined as black when it absorbs light of all frequencies. An object is defined as white when it reflects light of all frequencies. Given that the respective properties are defined as being very different things, it is demonstrably incorrect to say that they're the same thing.

    White is when you mix all pigments together, though.

    brain asplode!

    I thought that was brown. Of course I'm recalling this from my days of fingerpainting, but when you mix all the paints don't they make brown? Of course paints != pigments.

    I'll be going now

    Thats only cheap paints, so says my art teacher.

    And white is when all colours are in a perfect balance. Black is an utter lack of colour.

    Technicaly neither of them are colours. But contrasts/shades.

    You had color theory as well, I take it.

    moniker on
  • The Black HunterThe Black Hunter Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    moniker wrote: »
    Shogun wrote: »
    moniker wrote: »
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    An object is defined as black when it absorbs light of all frequencies. An object is defined as white when it reflects light of all frequencies. Given that the respective properties are defined as being very different things, it is demonstrably incorrect to say that they're the same thing.

    White is when you mix all pigments together, though.

    brain asplode!

    I thought that was brown. Of course I'm recalling this from my days of fingerpainting, but when you mix all the paints don't they make brown? Of course paints != pigments.

    I'll be going now

    Thats only cheap paints, so says my art teacher.

    And white is when all colours are in a perfect balance. Black is an utter lack of colour.

    Technicaly neither of them are colours. But contrasts/shades.

    You had color theory as well, I take it.

    No, just a really smart dumb dad.

    He is the most intelligent repairman ever.

    The Black Hunter on
  • Manning'sEquationManning'sEquation Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    moniker wrote: »
    moniker wrote: »
    Starcross wrote: »
    That's just his opinion man. He's got a right to his own opinion just like anyone. Stop jumping all over him just because you've got a different opinion.

    Why can't we all, like, live in peace.

    Because of the number of hippies in the world.

    well we all can't be stuffy architect suits like you moniker.... I MEAN SUIT!!!

    I wish, all I am right now is an unemployed mooch.

    Can you spare some change?

    Yes cuase I have a jurrrbbb!!!


    Seriously you couldn't find work as a autocad monkey or nothing?

    Manning'sEquation on
  • monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    moniker wrote: »
    moniker wrote: »
    Starcross wrote: »
    That's just his opinion man. He's got a right to his own opinion just like anyone. Stop jumping all over him just because you've got a different opinion.

    Why can't we all, like, live in peace.

    Because of the number of hippies in the world.

    well we all can't be stuffy architect suits like you moniker.... I MEAN SUIT!!!

    I wish, all I am right now is an unemployed mooch.

    Can you spare some change?

    Yes cuase I have a jurrrbbb!!!


    Seriously you couldn't find work as a autocad monkey or nothing?

    I haven't really been that serious with the looking just yet thanks to family type schtuff. I'm going to flood the streets with me resume next week. Hopefully working at a medium firm in an architecture related capacity, but I may just settle on CAD monkey so I can quit my shitty summer job at Target.

    moniker on
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited June 2007
    THIS THREAD IS NOW ABOUT PUPPY CUPCAKES

    <gigantic gif of some ugly chick dressed up like a anime character>

    <some sort of animated furry gif>

    ololz

    Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • The Black HunterThe Black Hunter Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Irond Will wrote: »
    THIS THREAD IS NOW ABOUT PUPPY CUPCAKES

    <gigantic gif of some ugly chick dressed up like a anime character>

    <some sort of animated furry gif>

    ololz

    I enjoyed posting intellectual stuff D:

    All 5-6 lines of it...

    Oh well
    PuppyCupcake.JPG

    The Black Hunter on
  • Manning'sEquationManning'sEquation Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    moniker wrote: »
    moniker wrote: »
    moniker wrote: »
    Starcross wrote: »
    That's just his opinion man. He's got a right to his own opinion just like anyone. Stop jumping all over him just because you've got a different opinion.

    Why can't we all, like, live in peace.

    Because of the number of hippies in the world.

    well we all can't be stuffy architect suits like you moniker.... I MEAN SUIT!!!

    I wish, all I am right now is an unemployed mooch.

    Can you spare some change?

    Yes cuase I have a jurrrbbb!!!


    Seriously you couldn't find work as a autocad monkey or nothing?

    I haven't really been that serious with the looking just yet thanks to family type schtuff. I'm going to flood the streets with me resume next week. Hopefully working at a medium firm in an architecture related capacity, but I may just settle on CAD monkey so I can quit my shitty summer job at Target.



    Good luck bro. If architecture is any thing like engineering, then you shouldn't have to much trouble finding work. Engineers are in high demand at present.

    Manning'sEquation on
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Black people are the new white people.

    Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • jothkijothki Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Podly wrote: »
    Black people are the new white people.

    Reverse racism!

    jothki on
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD along with you if I get drunk well I know I'm gonna be gonna be the man whoRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    41MYF9NP22L._AA240_.jpg ?

    Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.
    the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited June 2007
    Irond Will wrote: »
    THIS THREAD IS NOW ABOUT PUPPY CUPCAKES

    <gigantic gif of some ugly chick dressed up like a anime character>

    <some sort of animated furry gif>

    ololz

    I enjoyed posting intellectual stuff D:

    All 5-6 lines of it...

    Oh well
    PuppyCupcake.JPG

    Wow that's pretty good at short notice.

    Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • KalTorakKalTorak Way up inside your butthole, Morty. WAAAAY up inside there.Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Studies have shown that 90% of black people are white people, while only 60% of white people wish they were black people.

    Assuming that I wouldn't know such a basic fact is asinine.

    KalTorak on
  • kdrudykdrudy Registered User
    edited June 2007
    I don't know what it's like where all of you live, but all the black where I live is in fact white while all the white is in fact black. I think some of you should get out into the real world if you think this is not the case because I've seen it like this myself.

    kdrudy on
    tvsfrank.jpg
«13
Sign In or Register to comment.